Dynadot

.tv Looks like .TV registration fees just went up

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Will you register fewer .TVs in light of the increase in 1st year registration fees?

• 5 votes
  • Ended 10 years ago
  • Final results
Hello all,

I was just about to register a .TV domain name tonight at Name.com. When I placed it in my shopping cart, the first year registration fee jumped from $10.99 to $19.99. I checked Dynadot and they were at $24.99 for the first year.

It seems that this is coming around the same time that the transfer restriction, on premium .TVs, was set to be lifted. I wonder if the two events are related?

I'd value your thoughts and experiences.

Claude

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Checked again. On the registration page at Name.com, the prices are displayed at $10.99 but when you go to the shopping cart they are back up to $19.99.

•••
Checked again. On the registration page at Name.com, the prices are displayed at $10.99 but when you go to the shopping cart they are back up to $19.99.

are you logged in? Not sure about name, but with namecheap (yeah completely different I know) prices sometimes drop when logged in... for example on NC the .club domains when added goes to second year prices, until you login then they reduce to the offer price.

My advice is (not sure if name.com does this, I can't ever recall them doing this though) login to your account first then go back to the shopping cart.

•••

$10.99 Registration wtfdontreallywantthis.tv

Seems fine to me, have you got 2 years selected with a discount code? Its about $21 sth for 2 years.

You might want to try (in addition, if the above didn't work) emptying the basket and trying again?

•••
are you logged in? Not sure about name, but with namecheap (yeah completely different I know) prices sometimes drop when logged in... for example on NC the .club domains when added goes to second year prices, until you login then they reduce to the offer price.

My advice is (not sure if name.com does this, I can't ever recall them doing this though) login to your account first then go back to the shopping cart.

Thank you for your reply. I am logged in to Name.com and the registration period is set at 1 year. I did empty the cart, logout and then login again but to no avail.

I've decided to put off this purchase :(

Last edited:
•••
Thank you for your reply. I am logged in to Name.com and the registration period is set at 1 year. I did empty the cart, logout and then login again but to no avail.

I've decided to put off this purchase :(

This is strange, appears to be working fine for me, is anyone else getting this?

Does it jump up at the shopping cart or at checkout stage? I am baffled!

•••
It's $10.99 only. Just checked.
Maybe you should try refreshing the browser on the cart (Ctrl + F5 keys)

•••
For sure price of premium registration went up

•••
it is still $10.99/yr for me at name.com

•••
Just changed to $19.99/yr for me at first page

•••
So will ENOM lower their renewals from $50 to something more competitive?

•••
I have just tried on a different browser, computer and my mobile, still $10.99 normal price $35.00

I am confused how its different anywhere else. Is it a timezone thing?

•••
I just tried & it's showing as $10.99 for me in UK

•••
I just tried & it's showing as $10.99 for me in UK

I'm finding that it is now showing $10.99 all the way to the shopping cart at Name.com. When I try to complete the order, it goes back to the shopping cart and updates the price to $19.99.

•••
I went right through until they were sending me to paypal for payment & it stayed at $10.99.

•••
I went right through until they were sending me to paypal for payment & it stayed at $10.99.

Very strange. Did you hit the complete order button? It's when I hit the button to proceed, where I am redirected back to my shopping cart, with the updated price ($19.99) rather than being directed to Paypal.

•••
Yes i hit complete order & it asked for my paypal id then sent me to paypal & on paypal page it still said $10.99, lucky i picked paypal rather than credit card or they would of automatically taken the money for zzzzzyyyyy.tv

If i can help, pm me the name you want regged & i'll reg it for you then do an account transfer to you?

•••
•••
Yes i hit complete order & it asked for my paypal id then sent me to paypal & on paypal page it still said $10.99, lucky i picked paypal rather than credit card or they would of automatically taken the money for zzzzzyyyyy.tv

Yeah, same here with whatistheproblemhere.tv lol

I am also in the UK if that makes any difference. Not sure if the higher price is for certain countries, but I cannot see that being the case, as us Brits always get things more expensive lol

•••
Still $10.99

This may be the most active .tv thread since the pickup of music.tv

•••
garments.tv

Registration

1 year(s)

$10.99

Success

So, I was finally able to register the domain name for $10.99. I tried almost everything, emptied cart, logged out, logged in, switched from Safari to Chrome and nothing worked.

Just now, I tried again on Safari. This time, I changed the registration length from one year to two years and then back to one year… it worked. I was able to register Garments.tv for $10.99.

It seems that something might be going on on the backend. Lets hope registration fees stay where they are.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back