Domain Empire

advice Looking for tips on selling a batch of 50 domains (1994-2015)...

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Dan78

Established Member
Impact
Hi everyone,

I'm hoping someone here can give me some tips on the best way to sell a batch of 50 domains that I have. The domains are all from the 1994-2015 time period. If anyone has any experience selling a large number of domains, I'd love to hear your advice.

I'm open to any and all suggestions, so please feel free to share any thoughts you have. If anyone is interested in seeing the list of domains, I'd be happy to send it in a DM.

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
You can DM me. Time is not the most important thing though but the quality of the names.

•••
I'd be interested in seeing your list too. Please DM.

•••
Hmm, why shall I upgrade my account for just having the ability to answer DM's and link to my list? I mean, I don't have time to be here.. My main taks in life is to create music, Not selling domains. So frustrating...

•••
Hmm, why shall I upgrade my account for just having the ability to answer DM's and link to my list? I mean, I don't have time to be here.. My main taks in life is to create music, Not selling domains. So frustrating...
Do you have the domains listed anywhere? If you post them on Afternic, for example, you could simply mention the user name and they could take a look. If you are worried about underpricing, consider just starting posting what may perhaps be high prices, and then going from there. Afternic listings are free, and you could always remove them shortly thereafter if preferred---or even change them to "not listed"status while you sort things out.

•••
Ok, but it's Afternic better that lets say GoDaddy auctions or Dan.com listing?

•••
For me, absolutely. In one year, 3x the number of sales, with 20X net earnings compared to the closest competitor, Sedo. Never had results with GD auctions or Dan. . There were some low offers I did receive at Dan, though.

Keep in mind that when you list with Afternic, my understanding is that the listings also appear on Dan. That may only be true if you use the Fast Transfer network, though. Also, please know that there are many opinions on the choices of marketplaces, and plenty of postings discussing pros and cons. Reading them may help quite a bit.

Your predicament is understandable. It's time consuming to list on the auction sites or doing marketplace listings. You don't know whether it's worthwhile spending more money on domain-related things like forums. But you have taken a very imprortant first step---asking the questions.

Good luck in your new domain journey this New Year!

•••
Great thanks for the tips.. Going to check Afternic now and do some research. Back in the days I have had some great sales but that was with GD auctions and DM's from private persons.

•••
Great thanks for the tips.. Going to check Afternic now and do some research. Back in the days I have had some great sales but that was with GD auctions and DM's from private persons.
Wow. How many years ago was that? Much has changed with GoDaddy over the past few decades.

•••
Well, I sold Chronipain.org in 2013..

•••
•••
I mean chronicpain.org
Very catchy domain name. Sadly, no website associated with it at this point. But it's great you had the sale.
Again, good luck with exploring the selling options. That sounds great, that you are trying to focus more on your musical talents instead.

•••
Yeah, had started my music career after like 30 years of doing not what I'm born to do :).

•••
Yeah, had started my music career after like 30 years of doing not what I'm born to do :).
Better than domaining, eh?!

•••
Pontiac vs Chevrolet vs Holden is all GM like Afternic, Dan and Godaddy is all Godaddy.
Afternic wont list your junk when others will. If worthy posted from Godaddy for example you will also get ads on expireddomains.net from one ad.

Last edited:
•••
•••
Sold 4 domains now from my list so I'm really happy for the "support" here. I'm really into getting rid of them so I don't have to think about paying the annual fee, so if anyone is still interested, just pm me.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back