IT.COM

Looking for Mentor

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Margaret Lawrence

Impact
Hi, I'm a digital media designer and developer. Due giving birth recently I am not working. I have been interested in domain flipping for a long time. After much reading and playing around I'm excited to dig in. I would so appreciate it if anyone would be willing to mentor me on this journey. Their expertise would be priceless and help me out tremendously. Thanks!!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Don't listen to any one person but read for months what is selling and sold then go with the gut feeling as you now have a plan what your looking for know the audience your selling to. Don't just dive in. I can imagine the kind of mentor you might get some know it all with no idea offering information... Much like myself.

•••
Welcome to the namepros forum.

•••
Welcome to namepros. Check out domainsherpa.com for some great interviews with the pros of the community.

I've also written DNbible.com which you can check out.

•••
Hey @Margaret Lawrence welcome to NP!
I am not very experienced but I am in collaboration with a domain broker who assists me in buying and selling. This may be another avenue to pursue.

Thanks and goodluck!

KEN

•••
•••
Hi Welcome and proceed cautiously.

Don't risk more than you can afford to lose and remember this is a shark pool.

If you were experimenting with equities you could have a fantasy portfolio to track. Not a bad idea with domains but turnover is so slow and sales often secret so there is little to watch. You could just try your luck by limiting yourself tot 5 to 10 domains and making them count, as a learning experience.

•••
Hey there @Margaret Lawrence
Namepros-Welcome-(myway2fortune.info).jpg

•••
Be careful and start slow. It is very easy to lose money flipping domains. Good luck!

•••
Welcome from Los Angeles and congrats on the new baby!

Let NamePros be your mentor. Read, read, read. Ask specific questions and you will always get lots of answers. But use the search bar because most answers are already here.

P.S. Maybe your first reg should be your kids name. :)

•••
Hello @Margaret Lawrence !

Welcome aboard to NamePros! :)

My advice: Come back to NamePros and read everyday!
Going through the Appraisals section will show you quite a few flops you can avoid right away! :)
Also, read the news, the blog and the advices of the top members.

As an example, you can read my interview with @Abdullah Abdullah where he gives out some advice for the novice domainer here: https://www.namepros.com/threads/interview-with-abdullah-abdullah.998295/

Other members will provide more advice and guidance.

Best regards!
Ruben

•••
•••
Hi

best advice is to stay here, use the "search" feature for questions or information and read, read, read.

after you've got a feel, then you can make better decision on which path to take.

Good Luck!

imo...

•••
Hi Margaret. Congratulations! Boy or girl?

Welcome to The Club! :cigar:

Let all of what Namepros has to offer be your mentor. Scan threads and devour knowledge. Jump in, ask questions. Look through the list of sections and older threads. If need be, open new threads on subjects of interest to you... good luck!

•••
•••
•••
Hello there.

Don't buy a domain for the first 6 months. Just read, learn and watch.

GL

•••
•••
Hi and welcome to namePros !

Some sensible advice has already been giving to you above, if you have development skills make sure you use them, domaining alone is very hard to profit from !

Buying low and sell high is the best way to go and with development skills you can make this happen !

Keep in mind this is an open forum, so there are many conflicting opinions but the good advice is available here, you will learn how to filter out the rest in time - just keep reading !

PM me here if you want some of my advice or any questions answered.

•••
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back