IT.COM

Looking For A Mentor

NameSilo
Watch

vasilisgr

Established Member
Impact
Hi all,

A few years ago, when I was first starting my journey to online entrepreneurship, I tried to dive into domain flipping, only to realize soon enough that it was harder than it seemed.

After some minor sales over the next year, I decided that it was time to steer the wheel to a different direction and get into digital marketing and eventually storytelling.

Although I don't regret my choice since it led me to be able to have a job that I love, domain names have always been in the back of my head.

Now that I have a small domain name portfolio (of approximately 40 domains), I wish to continue this journey and to build it on solid ground.

Therefore, I am posting this with the hope to find a person to guide me and support me in order to get back in the domain name game.

I would love to discuss with any of you who are willing to offer me your mentoring in this exciting business.

Thank you in advance for taking the time to read this and I hope we can develop a win-win relationship with anyone who will accept my invitation!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
Thanks a lot @ak4586 !

Do you think this is a good place to post this?

•••
•••
Well on your way. Get a page you can list them and make that your sig.

Last edited:
•••
Well on your way. Get a page you can list them and make that your sig.
I'm on it!

Actually, I'm building storynames.com - any feedback on the chosen domain name for my portfolio would be appreciated.

•••
that might work "Every name tells a story" At storynames learn how our clients build their story on our names...…..

Last edited:
•••
that might work "Every name tells a story" At storynames learn how our clients build their story on our names...…..
That is surprisingly close to my tagline...
Happy to share more info in private.

•••
•••
I tried to dive into domain flipping, only to realize soon enough that it was harder than it seemed.

that's because you heard about the sales, but not much. about the buy

most just dive in,
not realizing that there are sharks in the water

some who are ready to take a bite out of your walletnet.com

asking for a mentor, shows you may want to learn
but also opens the door for a snake to crawl in

let the search feature be your guide
just enter a subject or phrase and it will return posts related to your query.

read and feed yourself.

imo...

•••
•••
that's because you heard about the sales, but not much. about the buy

most just dive in,
not realizing that there are sharks in the water

some who are ready to take a bite out of your walletnet.com

asking for a mentor, shows you may want to learn
but also opens the door for a snake to crawl in

let the search feature be your guide
just enter a subject or phrase and it will return posts related to your query.

read and feed yourself.

imo...
Thanks, @biggie - I truly appreciate your comment.

Snakes will always be out there, but I believe in mentoring.
Having grown up in the streets, I can say I'm in a position to protect myself from venomous enemies most of the times.
And I think that my 5-year experience online is a good starting point.

I want someone to show me the ins and outs of the industry and exchange knowledge and -why not- services as well.

•••
•••
•••
•••
Welcome back to Namepros.

I wrote a small starter guide to domain investing that received praise from members of this community.

https://www.namepros.com/threads/domain-investing.1137790/

I also recommend you to check out https://domainsherpa.com/

Also @Darryl Lopes has written a great book titled 'How to get started in domain names which is only $9.99 that you can find on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07X4Z1BPN/ref=cm_sw_r_tw_awdb_t1_x_iABzDbQTEXMTP
Thank you, Dave!

Sorry for the late reply but I was away for a few days.

I will read your post asap and give this book a try as well.

•••
Hi all,

A few years ago, when I was first starting my journey to online entrepreneurship, I tried to dive into domain flipping, only to realize soon enough that it was harder than it seemed.

After some minor sales over the next year, I decided that it was time to steer the wheel to a different direction and get into digital marketing and eventually storytelling.

Although I don't regret my choice since it led me to be able to have a job that I love, domain names have always been in the back of my head.

Now that I have a small domain name portfolio (of approximately 40 domains), I wish to continue this journey and to build it on solid ground.

Therefore, I am posting this with the hope to find a person to guide me and support me in order to get back in the domain name game.

I would love to discuss with any of you who are willing to offer me your mentoring in this exciting business.

Thank you in advance for taking the time to read this and I hope we can develop a win-win relationship with anyone who will accept my invitation!

Being clear about what you want (a win-win relationship) is a great start.

•••
•••
•••
•••
Hi @Dave

Thank you very much for pointing out this book.

Also @Darryl Lopes has written a great book titled 'How to get started in domain names which is only $9.99 that you can find on Amazon

It is very focused on sales and the art of selling (including person to person selling), I've read a large number of books on Amazon on Domaining, and this one stands out for that reason.

I had read it earlier in the year but it's surprising how much you forget. I will now read it on a semi-regular basis as in the end we are all salesmen.

Cheers!

•••
•••
Back