Domain Empire

Looking for a BrandBucket Intermediary

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all,

I'm looking to potentially purchase a domain on BrandBucket outside of the list price (~$50) and would like to find somebody to serve as an intermediary for acquiring this domain. I do not have any brandable domains to sell on there to merit an account.

Thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
So are we saying that:

1) Seller can remove the domain name from BB with 30 days notice
2) Regardless of what the seller does with the name, somehow they are bound to paying 30% of the list sale price to BB?
Point (2) does not apply to point (1).

•••
Point 2 is implied from Point 1, in that regardless of what the seller does after removing the domain name from BB, they are still responsible for paying some fee....

I'm trying to gain clarity here on what the repercussions are for removing a domain from BB to sell it outside of the platform, assuming 30 days notice is given.

•••
I'm trying to gain clarity here on what the repercussions are for removing a domain from BB to sell it outside of the platform, assuming 30 days notice is given.
And I think that is what has us all stumped/surprised. Once the name is on BB and has been displayed/advertised, then BB wants the name to stay on BB. The various clauses quoted are to try and stop members removing the name to sell to an end user direct. Whilst I'm not aware of any instance that BB has taken action against a member for circumventing the system, it doesn't mean they one day won't.

Clearly, what you are talking about is trying to circumvent the system by having a member remove a name to sell to an end user (you).

What we are all surprised at, is who would go through all of the work/aggravation required, potentially risking their account... for $50?

•••
And I think that is what has us all stumped/surprised. Once the name is on BB and has been displayed/advertised, then BB wants the name to stay on BB. The various clauses quoted are to try and stop members removing the name to sell to an end user direct. Whilst I'm not aware of any instance that BB has taken action against a member for circumventing the system, it doesn't mean they one day won't.

Clearly, what you are talking about is trying to circumvent the system by having a member remove a name to sell to an end user (you).

What we are all surprised at, is who would go through all of the work/aggravation required, potentially risking their account... for $50?

Yes, the risk seems far greater than the reward. It's a shame that BB operates in this fashion. Their conversion rate is probably abysmal.

•••
Yes, the risk seems far greater than the reward. It's a shame that BB operates in this fashion. Their conversion rate is probably abysmal.
More like it is a shame you want to rort the system.

•••
More like it is a shame you want to rort the system.

Simple economics holds people like me in high regard. I'm just looking for a legal way of obtaining a domain name at a price that the seller is willing to sell it for.

And BB has a 3-5% yearly turnover. That's not impressive at all. If we calculate the NPV of a domain name based on the turnover rate at BB, proceeds from the sale, fees for holding the name, etc. etc. it starts to make some sense to sell it to a guy like me for $50.

But BB makes this difficult, as I've found out through some of these helpful comments.

Last edited:
•••
Simple economics holds people like me in high regard. I'm just looking for a legal way of obtaining a domain name at a price that the seller is willing to sell it for.

And BB has a 3-5% yearly turnover. That's not impressive at all. If we calculate the NPV of a domain name based on the turnover rate at BB, proceeds from the sale, fees for holding the name, etc. etc. it starts to make some sense to sell it to a guy like me for $50.

But BB makes this difficult, as I've found out through some of these helpful comments.
If every domainer could achieve 3.5% yearly turnover then we would all be millionaires.

•••
If every domainer could achieve 3.5% yearly turnover then we would all be millionaires.

Well let the market decide on the price via an auction or offer system.

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back