IT.COM

Looking for a BrandBucket Intermediary

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all,

I'm looking to potentially purchase a domain on BrandBucket outside of the list price (~$50) and would like to find somebody to serve as an intermediary for acquiring this domain. I do not have any brandable domains to sell on there to merit an account.

Thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I think you can open an account (if you haven't got one already) then the seller can email [email protected] and request that it be moved into your account.

If you want to remove it from BB, then you'll have to give the standard 30 days notice.

You could get yourself into an awkward situation if it's in someone elses account and then sells... or if you just remove it from BB then their account could lose status (depending on what type of account they have). It's best to avoid situations like that if you can.

Alternatively, you could ask the seller to give 30 days notice now, remove the domain then sell it to you after that period is up.

Last edited:
•••
I think you can open an account (if you haven't got one already) then the seller can email [them] and request that it be moved into your account.

If you want to remove it from BB, then you'll have to give the standard 30 days notice.

You could get yourself into an awkward situation if it's in someone elses account and then sells... or if you just remove it from BB then their account could lose status (depending on what type of account they have). It's best to avoid situations like that if you can.

Alternatively, you could ask the seller to give 30 days notice now, remove the domain then sell it to you after that period is up.

Hmm, so one scenario is that the seller can give BB 30 days notice, then remove the domain and sell it to me outside of BB?

•••
It's an option if they choose to do that. It depends what type of account they have, I think it could affect their BB account standing. And what if you decided you didn't want it after they removed it? Or what about if it sold in those 30 days? You'd have to make some agreement covering every angle upfront. I'm not sure many BB sellers would go to this bother for ~$50

•••
It's an option if they choose to do that. It depends what type of account they have, I think it could affect their BB account standing. And what if you decided you didn't want it after they removed it? Or what about if it sold in those 30 days? You'd have to make some agreement covering every angle upfront. I'm not sure many BB sellers would go to this bother for ~$50

Yeah, valid point that it may not be worth the trouble. I think an account transfer might be the better scenario, where I create an account and have it transferred over to me. I would be the one absorbing any account demerit as opposed to them, but I would have to ensure that I could get the name off the platform.

•••
Hmm, so one scenario is that the seller can give BB 30 days notice, then remove the domain and sell it to me outside of BB?

thats the legit process
as far as I understand it

•••
Hello all,

I'm looking to potentially purchase a domain on BrandBucket outside of the list price (~$50) and would like to find somebody to serve as an intermediary for acquiring this domain. I do not have any brandable domains to sell on there to merit an account.

Thanks

Sorry this option is only available to brandbucket sellers.

Case closed :)

Last edited:
•••
•••
Huh? What option? What case? :bored:

Only sellers can sell domain names outside BrandBucket to another BrandBucket seller.

End user should never try to make a deal outside BrandBucket on published names.

This is unethical and against BrandBucket terms.

•••
Only sellers can sell domain names outside BrandBucket to another BrandBucket seller.

End user should never try to make a deal outside BrandBucket on published names.

Xavier, let me get this straight cause it isnt.

I have 40 plus names and if I decide to sell to someone some of those for lets say, 50, then I as seller have two options:

1: to sell the name to the buyer and ask them to create a BB seller account.

2: To sell the name to seller, and email BB to start my 30 day time.

So we cant say case closed can we ? Cause if the OP is looking for a name.and the seller is happy to sell for 50 or whatever then it is perfectly legal and on BB terms and I dont see why that would be unethical when BBs terms say that.

Imagine I want a name with another seller and I want to develop it, if that seller is willing to sell on reseller market then I would get it and have it off BB:)

•••
I dont see why that would be unethical when BBs terms say that.

where exactly BB terms says that?

you are agreeing to have BrandBucket as the exclusive seller for the duration that a domain name is listed, and transacting a sale outside of the BrandBucket marketplace for the purpose of circumventing fees that would otherwise be due to BrandBucket is strictly prohibited.

•••

where does it say that in BB terms?

end user has no obligation to BB, only seller has.

it is just against BB terms. it is perfectly ethical and only proves that @ThaProdigy has a brain.

•••
Xavier, let me get this straight cause it isnt.

I have 40 plus names and if I decide to sell to someone some of those for lets say, 50, then I as seller have two options:

1: to sell the name to the buyer and ask them to create a BB seller account.

2: To sell the name to seller, and email BB to start my 30 day time.

So we cant say case closed can we ? Cause if the OP is looking for a name.and the seller is happy to sell for 50 or whatever then it is perfectly legal and on BB terms and I dont see why that would be unethical when BBs terms say that.

Imagine I want a name with another seller and I want to develop it, if that seller is willing to sell on reseller market then I would get it and have it off BB:)
'The Prodigy' can open an account at BB but cannot transfer the domain via BB into their account because their account is not in good standing. They will have to email BB and request that the domain is transferred manually. Assuming BB discovers they intend to remove the name after 30 days BB will not transfer the name. So 'The Prodigy' will need to lie in order to receive the domain. Is that ethical??? Obviously not.

•••
...Is that ethical??? Obviously not.
Agreed. The ethical solution, which also happens to be in line with BB rules, is for the seller to give notice to BB and remove the domain one month hence. Which brings us back to ethics again, but on part of BB for a change. Such ethical action on seller's part, will result in BB "blacklisting" his account, according to new rules introduced most likely long after the domain in question had been listed with BB under old rules. Is this ethical on BB's part?

Last edited:
•••
Blacklisting the seller still allows the seller to submit new names and sell names. What they can't do is receive names from other sellers. I think that is fair.

•••
Blacklisting the seller still allows the seller to submit new names and sell names. What they can't do is receive names from other sellers. I think that is fair.
About as fair and ethical as the buyer getting a BB account, so that seller can push the domain to him, lying to BB about his intentions if need be. Like they say, all's fair in war and love :sneaky:

•••
C'mon OP can't you just be an end-user for once? You should put a stop on this illegal scheme immediately and pay the BB list price. What is it? $1999 USD?

I know it seems a lot for a made up name that was probably registered five months ago for 3.99 at GD and a logo you can get on Fiverr for ... you know ... 5, but is not, it's a bargain really.

C'mon, get one for the team!

•••
C'mon OP can't you just be an end-user for once? You should put a stop on this illegal scheme immediately and pay the BB list price. What is it? $1999 USD?
I know it seems a lot for a made up name that was probably registered five months ago for 3.99 at GD and a logo you can get on Fiverr for ... you know ... 5, but is not, it's a bargain really.
C'mon, get one for the team!
Where's the "Like" button here?
Anyways: Like! (y)

•••
where exactly BB terms says that?

you are agreeing to have BrandBucket as the exclusive seller for the duration that a domain name is listed, and transacting a sale outside of the BrandBucket marketplace for the purpose of circumventing fees that would otherwise be due to BrandBucket is strictly prohibited.

Here sir

"At any time you may request to have your domains removed from BrandBucket, and they will continue to be listed for 30 days from the time of your notification. "

So if I sell you a published name, like I said, you have two options: Either you create an account and I push to it or you simply tell me to start the 30 days rule.

That is what I am talking about.

•••
'The Prodigy' can open an account at BB but cannot transfer the domain via BB into their account because their account is not in good standing. They will have to email BB and request that the domain is transferred manually. Assuming BB discovers they intend to remove the name after 30 days BB will not transfer the name. So 'The Prodigy' will need to lie in order to receive the domain. Is that ethical??? Obviously not.
What are you talking about? It is about the seller. The buyer doesnt even have to do anything. The seller will straight request the name to be taken off and start the 30 days since BB terms say

" At any time you may request to have your domains removed from BrandBucket, and they will continue to be listed for 30 days from the time of your notification. "

What is so unethical about this? I know a seller with huge portfolio requested all his names off the other day with a simple email and it starts from the email date. Simple.

•••
What are you talking about? It is about the seller. The buyer doesnt even have to do anything. The seller will straight request the name to be taken off and start the 30 days since BB terms say

" At any time you may request to have your domains removed from BrandBucket, and they will continue to be listed for 30 days from the time of your notification. "

What is so unethical about this? I know a seller with huge portfolio requested all his names off the other day with a simple email and it starts from the email date. Simple.
You misunderstood the post.

If the seller is not prepared to give 30 days notice then how does he transfer the name to a buyer who is not in good standing.

He can't.

•••
Agreed. The ethical solution, which also happens to be in line with BB rules, is for the seller to give notice to BB and remove the domain one month hence. Which brings us back to ethics again, but on part of BB for a change. Such ethical action on seller's part, will result in BB "blacklisting" his account, according to new rules introduced most likely long after the domain in question had been listed with BB under old rules. Is this ethical on BB's part?

Good and fair question :)

So let me get this straight.So they punish for removing your own names which they state you can request to remove them from the site ?

Sorry, Justin, cant see how you see this to be fair . To put " At any time you may request to have your domains removed from BrandBucket, and they will continue to be listed for 30 days from the time of your notification. " in their ToS and then blacklist the seller when he removes names?

About as fair and ethical as the buyer getting a BB account, so that seller can push the domain to him, lying to BB about his intentions if need be. Like they say, all's fair in war and love :sneaky:

Well said.

•••
You misunderstood the post.

If the seller is not prepared to give 30 days notice then how does he transfer the name to a buyer who is not in good standing.

He can't.
If the seller is not prepared to do that then it means he is not selling his names on reseller market. Simple. It wont happen:)

•••
Here sir

"At any time you may request to have your domains removed from BrandBucket, and they will continue to be listed for 30 days from the time of your notification. "

So if I sell you a published name, like I said, you have two options: Either you create an account and I push to it or you simply tell me to start the 30 days rule.

That is what I am talking about.

you are explaining to me how is done in real life, not what is in BB TOS.
per BB TOS you are not allowed to sell your names thru other venue. period. i know people do it all the time and they look the other way but:

Sellers transacting a sale outside of the BrandBucket marketplace will be required to pay the BrandBucket commission amount, which is 30% of the listed sale price on BrandBucket.com. BrandBucket reserves the right to cancel the account of a seller with offsite sales.

so basically you have to request domain removal, wait 30 days and after that sell me the name. if you sell me a name for $50 while is listed with BB for $3000 you have to pay them $1000.

it never happens because they reserves the right to cancel the account but never act upon that right.

•••
So are we saying that:

1) Seller can remove the domain name from BB with 30 days notice
2) Regardless of what the seller does with the name, somehow they are bound to paying 30% of the list sale price to BB?

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back