IT.COM

information Looking Back on the Year in Domaining

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

News

Hand-picked NewsTop Member
Impact
We’re coming to the end of another calendar year. Time to look back and assess what went on in the domain industry. I thought one interesting way to do that would be to look back at what leaders in our industry said a year ago. If you remember, our friend Domain Shane, was kind enough to organize and publish (here and here) the ruminations of several domain industry leaders back in December of 2015. They gave their thoughts on what might be in store for 2016.
I believe that anything more than 5 numbers is just pointless even for China. I think 4N dot-coms are going to increase the most in regards to %. I personally would put it into a premium LLLL.com nice AABB.com, ABBA.com, AAAB.com or buy 2 Asian/Western LLLL.coms. I think people going crazy on 6N.com, 7N.com and other extensions like LLLL.net etc is just a waste of cash.
I think there is a high chance of a correction in the market at the end of 2016, specifically between October and November………….The advice I am giving to friends & clients is that 2016 is a good year to stay liquid and take advantage of buying opportunities that will become available in 2017...
Read More

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back