IT.COM

Longest running drop auction? Five Nines

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

offthehandle

.Top Member
Impact
Just went to Dropcatch. Anybody seen this before, this long?
6 hours now. Still going now.

Five Nines has been going on for hours!!!
between 2 bot's or bidders or????

https://www.dropcatch.com/Domain/FiveNines.com $19,506 right now.

6 Hours + now.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Why even $5000? If the winner fail to pay, "all" his bids should be cancelled which would bring down the winning bid to just $1,000 (as someone mentioned)

or

Reauction.
Dropcatch policy has been reauction, but if this man is willing to pay their bid, give it to them.

•••
What's special about the name

•••
What's special about the name
99.999% ultimate purity, or efficiency.

Fastcars may have a different use, but in general that is the consensus.

Last edited:
•••
99.999% Uptime. No secret there for me.

•••
•••
Any updates? This is an interesting story/thread

•••
I called in to the support line, they knew immediately who I was and what I was talking about (I didn't event have to say who I was), they said they were all meeting with engineering about what happened to figure it out and they would get back to me. I've been expecting a call ever since, however its just 1:20 their time. So I'll call again in an hour or two. They did mention they have not transferred ownership of the domain yet. so that's good news to me. :) I appreciate your interest.

•••
•••
I appreciate that very much. None of this is "end of the world" stuff obviously. But hey, I want a fair fight, and I'd love to be in a position to thank DropCatch for providing this opportunity to me.

•••
Second call wasn't so good. I'll keep you posted though.

•••
Let’s hope they do the right thing if the clock ran out at $5k, I know it is hard to walk away from $30k, but what’s right is right, and they make it back going forward in good karma.

•••
Second call wasn't so good. I'll keep you posted though.

What you need to do...
1. Contact a lawyer
2. Have the lawyer request the activity logs of that auction.
3. Mention "Compromised platform" in that letter to DC and that your determined to resolve your claim at all cost including police report and BBB complaint.

That should lean things in your direction.
Good luck

Last edited:
•••
What you need to do...
1. Contact a lawyer
2. Have the lawyer request the activity logs of that auction.
3. Mention "Compromised platform" in that letter to DC and that your determined to resolve your claim at all cost including police report and BBB complaint.

That should lean things in your direction.
Good luck
I think he should wait until Wednesday morning to see if 420domains makes their payment on time, they won other auctions also in that bidding day, so they owe quite a bit of funds to dropcatch. Failure to make payment should tip the scales in Fastcars favor, if 420domains is the heavy hitter people describe those funds should be there on time. A default would be at Dropcatch's discretion, I don't know their T&C around allowing more time for payment, but I am sure they have something in there for it, but let's hope they try to accomodate Fastcars after this guy spent 10 hours, and $35K in bids, after thinking the clock stopped at $5K to only restart and see the price x 7, and still he kept a pretty good attitude during this whole ordeal.

•••
I think he should wait until Wednesday morning to see if 420domains makes their payment on time, they won other auctions also in that bidding day, so they owe quite a bit of funds to dropcatch. Failure to make payment should tip the scales in Fastcars favor, if 420domains is the heavy hitter people describe those funds should be there on time. A default would be at Dropcatch's discretion, I don't know their T&C around allowing more time for payment, but I am sure they have something in there for it, but let's hope they try to accomodate Fastcars after this guy spent 10 hours, and $35K in bids, after thinking the clock stopped at $5K to only restart and see the price x 7, and still he kept a pretty good attitude during this whole ordeal.

No need to wait for Wednesday if fastcars won Monday.

I'm not concerned about 420's pocket size, what I am concerned about is a fair and legal auction platform that is fair to all.

Lastly, if DC is on the up and up about what happened I see no reason why they shouldn't share the activity logs for that auction.

•••
No need to wait for Wednesday if fastcars won Monday.

I'm not concerned about 420's pocket size, what I am concerned about is a fair and legal auction platform that is fair to all.

Lastly, if DC is on the up and up about what happened I see no reason why they shouldn't share the activity logs for that auction.
I agree with you, if that auction was over in the $5K range, to come back from the dead, and restart is a scary after thought. I don't think dropcatch would have ever thought this auction hit this price. I believe he has screenshots showing proof of that, so they need some serious data to back up that error.

I mean if Fastcars was not in this auction we are talking it being over in the $1,xxx - $2,xxx range.

I haven't seen 420domains around since then, he was online during the DC closings, as he bid on, and won FieldCreek.com at $500 which payment is still outstanding for as it would be on the same invoice. I mean Fastcars still didn't take out his proxy, as it was still in play, but I guess he just got sick, or didn't feel the need to bid any higher as it was getting pretty expensive.

Anyone know if 420domains is a member here?

•••
I agree with you, if that auction was over in the $5K range, to come back from the dead, and restart is a scary after thought. I don't think dropcatch would have ever thought this auction hit this price. I believe he has screenshots showing proof of that, so they need some serious data to back up that error.

I mean if Fastcars was not in this auction we are talking it being over in the $1,xxx - $2,xxx range.

I haven't seen 420domains around since then, he was online during the DC closings, as he bid on, and won FieldCreek.com at $500 which payment is still outstanding for as it would be on the same invoice. I mean Fastcars still didn't take out his proxy, as it was still in play, but I guess he just got sick, or didn't feel the need to bid any higher as it was getting pretty expensive.

Anyone know if 420domains is a member here?

I'm more interested in what Andrew Reberry has to say about his platform practices. Everything else is pretty much irrelevant.

•••
This is pretty big news in the domaining community. Surely 420domains knows what’s going on here and can maybe have a say.....no?

•••
Hey domain name professionals, I know FastCars said he'd keep everyone updated, but I don't think it'd be wise of him nor likely of him to post again until some conversations have been concluded.

•••
Hey domain name professionals, I know FastCars said he'd keep everyone updated, but I don't think it'd be wise of him nor likely of him to post again until some conversations have been concluded.

No problem, most of us get it negotiations or whatever issues need to be resolved. Thanks for posting.

•••
Looks like payment did not come in by the required due date, not sure if extensions were given.

•••
In the end, who's the winner. Fastcars or 420 Domains?

•••
In the end, who's the winner. Fastcars or 420 Domains?
420 won the auction with the highest bid at closing time. They didn't make the payment within the 4 day window required. Given the closing price, and the closing date falling on a weekend, they may have requested more time to make payment.

•••
•••
And someone please explain this :

Could be the auction went 10 hours, and maybe they thought it ended, when a last second bid came in.

Still not paid for, been 5 days, 1 day over payment deadline.

•••
Yeh.. 50k for that name. Um no, you'd have to be a complete imbecile. More to the story, and we will likely never find out why. Someone driving up the price for DC, trying to reel in a sucker? That's why I asked if anyone ever has done business or knows the 420 guy.

2-5k on the best of days, the original win @ the 5k mark should have ended it there.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back