Dynadot

Longest Dot Com Domain You Have Sold

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

JamesCrew

Established Member
Impact
I own couple of three word .coms and they are pure generics (example: online cooking classes dot com).

Now we all see sales report of one-two-word, brandables, geo, numerics dot coms from domainers here. So I thought why not start this thread to know (and learn) about 3 word or even 4 word dot com selling experience of members here.

It would be great if you can explain a little about the domain, like why you registered it in the first place, how the sales went (inbound/outbound inquiry or etc.), and what was the selling price (or you can share your selling price range).

I haven't sold any 3 word domain so you guys have to start this thread by sharing your experiences, lol.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Sold HomeCleaningRobot.com to a German buyer through Sedo for $2500.

First He came through DNS. I quoted $3000. He did not answer.

Then (assuming same person) came through Sedo and quoted $1500. I quoted $2500. Immediately paid.
How did you find the German buyer?

•••
HelloMyHoliday .com - Hand reg and sold after 6 months for £350

•••
•••
CelebrityLeakedPhotos.com - sold on Flippa auctions.

•••
AdministrativeSecurity.com
Sold for $100 a while back :D
sellers remorse :(
Pro: hand reg w/ coupon code $4 or so lol

•••
3 word real estate domain, 15 letters, hand registered, sold 2 years later $7500.00
Not my longest sold as have sold a good handful of 3 word domains but the most profitable hand registered 3 word domain as most of my sales are expired drops.

Last edited:
•••
3 word real estate domain, 15 letters, hand registered, sold 2 years later $7500.00
Not my longest sold as have sold a good handful of 3 word domains but the most profitable hand registered 3 word domain as most of my sales are expired drops.
Is it geo? I sold AustinWeddingPhotographers dot net for 420$ , outbound and done in 5 days of reg.

•••
Is it geo? I sold AustinWeddingPhotographers dot net for 420$ , outbound and done in 5 days of reg.

Not geo, and I don't do outbound marketing. Passive seller that just buys quality domains, gets them in the distribution channels, throws a sales page up, dangles them in front of targeted eyeballs and continues working on my developed sites. At the end of the day I'll respond to the days inquiries. Only time I've done outbound marketing is on brokered domains where the seller was looking for speed more than top ROI or the domain was so premium price was set and it warranted letting all the major players know it's going down regardless so get in on the action. Not a bad flip ya did there though. I just don't have time to create another job of email marketing for myself as run too many developed projects. If my mailbox was dry of offers I'd probably try it but enough offers have flown in on their own naturally from a primarily .Com portfolio in the 500-1000 range over the last 14 years where I haven't needed to. I'm currently closer to the 500 mark these days.

Last edited:
•••
Not geo, and I don't do outbound marketing. Passive seller that just buys quality domains, gets them in the distribution channels, throws a sales page up, dangles them in front of targeted eyeballs and continues working on my developed sites. At the end of the day I'll respond to the days inquiries. Only time I've done outbound marketing is on brokered domains where the seller was looking for speed more than top ROI or the domain was so premium price was set and it warranted letting all the major players know it's going down regardless so get in on the action. Not a bad flip ya did there though. I just don't have time to create another job of email marketing for myself as run too many developed projects. If my mailbox was dry of offers I'd probably try it but enough offers have flown in on their own naturally from a primarily .Com portfolio in the 500-1000 range over the last 14 years where I haven't needed to. I'm currently closer to the 500 mark these days.
You're getting about 500 offers a day?

•••
You're getting about 500 offers a day?

haha, no saying my portfolio is closer to 500 .coms these days as it used to be higher but my focus is kinda on developing even more sites at the moment so not in full on buy mode. Do have single domains that receive 5-10 unique offers each and every month like clockwork though. I'm good at saying no till the price is there as my whole game is not to sell a domain for a million dollars but more ROI based of how much profit can I turn out of a x-xxx investment. I stockpiled hundreds of dropped .coms at reg fee years ago and have sat on them until the right offer presented itself. So almost every sale I've made cost me reg fee and however many years of renewals so basically x-1xx max so when ya turn that into x,xxx-xx,xxx that's my ROI game. One I posted above was basically $16 into $7500 and that's not the best return I've had just the best 3 word return I've had as I've done 2 worders into xx,xxx range. This was easier to do in 2002 than 2016 as now more competition and anything I would drop would end up at an auction house. Reason ya need to capitalize on the .com gems as it's not as cheap to replace quality domains these days. And if ya sell the gems cheap over time your portfolio will diminish in quality as there won't be enough capital to replace the gems.

Last edited:
•••
Las Vegas Heating and Cooling dot com, I think is the longest that I've sold but there has been some long ones over the years:laugh:

•••
Las Vegas Heating and Cooling dot com, I think is the longest that I've sold but there has been some long ones over the years:laugh:
Nice. For how much? And was it inbound or outbound?

•••
OnlineLearningAcademy dot com is my longest domain

•••
I forgot the domain name but in includes keywords "Tarot Games"

•••
OnlineLearningAcademy dot com is my longest domain

Nice to see sales of a domain with online in it. I also have couple of domains with online in them. Now am confident to get them sold.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back