Dynadot

Longest Dot Com Domain You Have Sold

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

JamesCrew

Established Member
Impact
I own couple of three word .coms and they are pure generics (example: online cooking classes dot com).

Now we all see sales report of one-two-word, brandables, geo, numerics dot coms from domainers here. So I thought why not start this thread to know (and learn) about 3 word or even 4 word dot com selling experience of members here.

It would be great if you can explain a little about the domain, like why you registered it in the first place, how the sales went (inbound/outbound inquiry or etc.), and what was the selling price (or you can share your selling price range).

I haven't sold any 3 word domain so you guys have to start this thread by sharing your experiences, lol.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Probably Instant-Cash-Advance.com. Terrible name, sold it for $450.

•••
3dPrintedFashionAccessories.com $2500 USD - 3 years ago

•••
slowmotioncameradotcom for $1,900. That was cheap:rolleyes:

•••
HowToHostaWebsite.com - sold within 10 days of purchase to a hosting company in US for $ 1000.

Payment is through Paypal.

•••
Bought a number domain for $14 here on Namepros and resold 3 months later for $300
88888831.com
Longest I've sold

•••
Interesting topic..
I sold GamingNYC.com for $250...Sold it for cheap!! Could have been an easy $$$$

•••
my longest was dogandcompany.com sold $300. Bought $14

•••
Las Vegas Heating and Cooling dot com, I think is the longest that I've sold but there has been some long ones over the years:laugh:

•••
sold marketresearches.com 12 years ago for 400$

then it was dropped and registered many times.
Last time it was registered just few months ago !

•••
Sold HomeCleaningRobot.com to a German buyer through Sedo for $2500.

First He came through DNS. I quoted $3000. He did not answer.

Then (assuming same person) came through Sedo and quoted $1500. I quoted $2500. Immediately paid.

•••
•••
A few longer sales from prior years...

StockInvestorForum.com
DiscountAutoSupply.com
FinancialAidZonecom
JobSearchHelper.com
PartsandEquipment.com

•••
TheStonerBible,com is the longest domain name ive sold

•••
My longest would be:

FlexibleEndoscopeRepair - $800
DigitalMiniLabs - $1600

Both .com and both outbound sales.

HomeEquityRate(s) .net - $590 at domain auction

•••
AdministrativeSecurity.com
Sold for $100 a while back :D
sellers remorse :(
Pro: hand reg w/ coupon code $4 or so lol

•••
You're getting about 500 offers a day?

haha, no saying my portfolio is closer to 500 .coms these days as it used to be higher but my focus is kinda on developing even more sites at the moment so not in full on buy mode. Do have single domains that receive 5-10 unique offers each and every month like clockwork though. I'm good at saying no till the price is there as my whole game is not to sell a domain for a million dollars but more ROI based of how much profit can I turn out of a x-xxx investment. I stockpiled hundreds of dropped .coms at reg fee years ago and have sat on them until the right offer presented itself. So almost every sale I've made cost me reg fee and however many years of renewals so basically x-1xx max so when ya turn that into x,xxx-xx,xxx that's my ROI game. One I posted above was basically $16 into $7500 and that's not the best return I've had just the best 3 word return I've had as I've done 2 worders into xx,xxx range. This was easier to do in 2002 than 2016 as now more competition and anything I would drop would end up at an auction house. Reason ya need to capitalize on the .com gems as it's not as cheap to replace quality domains these days. And if ya sell the gems cheap over time your portfolio will diminish in quality as there won't be enough capital to replace the gems.

Last edited:
•••
•••
Interesting thread topic. I'll be paying attention to this one attentively.

I've only sold 1-2 word domains to date. Haven't had much luck with 3 word domains yet. Would love to hear stories of others who may have.

-Omar

•••
Interesting thread topic. I'll be paying attention to this one attentively.

I've only sold 1-2 word domains to date. Haven't had much luck with 3 word domains yet. Would love to hear stories of others who may have.

-Omar
Yeah, I also own couple but haven't had any success so far. Tried to pitch a three letter generic .com at the start but with no success.

I would love to know different experiences of domainers here and how they managed to sell long domains. They do sell and have audience in general, as I see long domains selling for fair-to-good prices.

Keep em coming mates.

•••
WhereAreUnow.com
Sold for $60 on Flippa /domain classifieds/

•••
I have a tie between these .coms (I own very few over 15 letters) WeGetTheJobDone, PropelMarketing, ProminenceGroup, ClermontDentist
all hand regs I believe, inbound only (Godaddy BIN or e-mail), sold xxx - x,xxx each

•••
I own couple of three word .coms and they are pure generics (example: online cooking classes dot com).

Now we all see sales report of one-two-word, brandables, geo, numerics dot coms from domainers here. So I thought why not start this thread to know (and learn) about 3 word or even 4 word dot com selling experience of members here.

It would be great if you can explain a little about the domain, like why you registered it in the first place, how the sales went (inbound/outbound inquiry or etc.), and what was the selling price (or you can share your selling price range).

I haven't sold any 3 word domain so you guys have to start this thread by sharing your experiences, lol.
There are great domains I would jump on and pay $thousands for, such as CashforGold.com, etc. I owned domains such as bywayof.com, etc

•••
InternationalRealEstateServices.com

Got at low closeout price, held for six months, sold at Godaddy for mid $$$ in 2009

•••
HelloMyHoliday .com - Hand reg and sold after 6 months for £350

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back