Dynadot

domain Long tail domain names, are they valubale? - Appraisal: MarineChartingSoftware.com

Spaceship
Watch

lovelani

Established Member
Impact
Hey guys, I would would like to know if Long tail domain names are valuable.
Example is: MarineChartingSoftware.com

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
In short- YES, they are valuable..but not more than 3 words I think.

•••
Great, I'm glad to hear that I have over 10 Premium domain names they are all long tails, with very high CPC,, good estibot appraisals. I just want to be sure before going on to register them.

•••
If you are new, I suggest you wait for some more time and do some research before registering long names. :)

•••
There are plenty of 2 words left so no need to go to 2 word yet. Keyword targeted domains has 50$ minimum mid 150-250$ and max 2k valuation if they are any good. I dont mean that any domain will get 50$ but if some thing sales then it will be in that range.

Thanks.

•••
If you are new, I suggest you wait for some more time and do some research before registering long names. :)
Agree a lot of people reg domains and sell for 50-150$ regularly but its not the domain by it self sells @ that price its the seller who has exp to find targeted buyers sell them.

Thanks.

•••
True, but I sure won't be in a hurry to sell such domain names, with time they will be worth it and I will give interested buyers to check and value the domain names. I'm just super excited 3words long tails are valuable

•••
I have some 3 word domains, they are long but I liked them:

PremiumNameMarket.com
NumericDomainMarket.com

NumericDomainsForSale.com
CarInsuranceWashingtonDC.com
AncientMayanRuins.com
PersonalPhotoArchive.com
AutoInsuranceWashingtonDC.com
AutoInsuranceNorthDakota.com
LaptopPartsStore.com
LaptopPartsForSale.com
NaturalCareProduct.com
homelivevideo.com
homelivevideos.com
livehomevideo.com
livehomevideos.com
virtualpokeronline.com
RemoteControlExpress.com
RemoteControlExpert.com
RemoteControlExperts.com

•••
Hey guys, I would would like to know if Long tail domain names are valuable.
Example is: MarineChartingSoftware.com

It depends entirely on what the term is. Take for example "Marine Charting Software". Is this valuable you may ask? Well, you try offering it to marine charting software companies, and see if they bite your hand off to get it. Unfortunately, my opinion is that they won't, they probably wont even make you an offer. The reason I say this is experience. They are all investing in their brand names, having the generic domain isn't a particular advantage for them.

So, yes, some longer domains are valuable, but it really depends what the domain is.

•••
Out of ~250k transactions reported by namebio, only 3% had a domain length longer than 20 characters. The average selling price is 1273$ versus 3555$ for domains longer than 20 char.

So, yes, long tail domains are valuable, but I don't see much room for appreciation and quick sale is probably the best strategy for this kind of domain (and you need a significant volume because you are likely to sell them for xx to low xxx.)

•••
I'm showing very low exact search results for those keywords. The better term would be "Marine Navigation Software". That's for sale for $1650. An informed buyer would probably pick that up first.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back