NameSilo
Watch

MapleDots

Account Closed (Requested)
Impact
ss.png

Saw this domain on the expiring domain list:
mainesmarvelousmaplemarihuanamorselsformaribeth.com

I seriously had to shake my head and read it a few times to make it out. :xf.eek: :xf.confused: O_o

List a long convoluted domain you saw in the wild

For everyone not mastering the English language.

Picture0019.png

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
TopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTop.top

•••
This name makes my head hurt.

•••
theintentistoprovideplayerswithasenseofprideandaccomplishmentfo.com

Expired 30 days ago. Found on expireddomains.net :xf.grin:

•••
7bestlightingelectricianscontractorsinstallationrepairlasvegas.com

expired 25 days ago :xf.smile:

•••
theintentistoprovideplayerswithasenseofprideandaccomplishmentfo.com

Expired 30 days ago. Found on expireddomains.net :xf.grin:

had preferred the xyz-version.

:xf.grin:

•••
This is on Godaddy expired........

beoneofthelongestdomainsthatmostpeoplehaveneverseenintheirlives.com

•••
TopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTop.top

I really wanted to be the first to post this!!!

•••

You guys post stuff like this and then come crying to us when he (rightfully) responds.

Unbelievable.

Peace,
Kenny

•••
Show attachment 111286

Saw this domain on the expiring domain list:
mainesmarvelousmaplemarihuanamorselsformaribeth.com

I seriously had to shake my head and read it a few times to make it out. :xf.eek: :xf.confused: O_o

List a long convoluted domain you saw in the wild

For everyone not mastering the English language.

Show attachment 111283
maines marvelous maple marihuana morsels for maribeth - Did I got it right? I think you were looking for maple in expiring domain list and got this shocker of a name in search result:xf.grin:.

•••
UnbelieveAbleWhatYouGuysSpendYourTimeWith.com

•••
maines marvelous maple marihuana morsels for maribeth - Did I got it right? I think you were looking for maple in expiring domain list and got this shocker of a name in search result:xf.grin:.

Shocker? I immediately thought the guy was smoking too much of his product when he registered it. :xf.laugh:

•••
7bestlightingelectricianscontractorsinstallationrepairlasvegas.com

expired 25 days ago :xf.smile:

Soon these kind of domain names might not be as dumb as you think.
It's like an x wife.... you have to go back once or twice to realize why you split up in the first place :xf.smile:

Not many of "us" will understand that.:xf.grin:

•••
Now I understand my problem in domain names, the ones I have are way too short! :xf.sick:

I did look into registering supercalifragilisticexpialidocious but it is already gone in com, org, net, website and a bunch of others. :xf.frown: I am still considering it in an extension or two though, but won't tell you in case someone steals it, and that would definitely not be supercalifragilisticexpialidocious.:xf.grin:

Thanks for a fun :xf.cool: thread @MapleDots! Have a supercalifragilisticexpialidocious day everyone!:xf.smile:

Bob

•••
4yearmarketingdegreegraduateexpertdigitalmarketinghiremenow.enterprises

•••
Hurry, catch these great repeating numbers dropping in few days.

777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777.com
999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999.com
9999999999999999999999999999999999999999.com

and some letters

wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.com

or random:
342897324987342jkhdskjhdfskjhadfakjh.com

Great brandables:
emotionalintelligencetraininginstitute.com

thisiswhathappensifyoudontlockyourcomputer.com

estatetaxeliminationattorneyfortheonepecent.com

•••
•••
•••
aansprakelijkheidsverzekeringvergelijker.nl
$277

Bargain!!!

•••

You guys post stuff like this and then come crying to us when he (rightfully) responds.

Unbelievable.

Peace,
Kenny
🚩

People, just for the record ...

... this is not an existing domain name and it would be technically impossible to register it because the character limit of a 2nd / 3th / 4th level / ... - (sub -) domain is 63 characters.

If it would be possible to register this as domain name, believe me - it would exist as domain name, no matter how "convoluted" it may be for some (I don't see the "convolution" here, I just see a clear and logical pattern) pigeons ;)

Last edited:
•••
🚩

People, just for the record ...

... this is not an existing domain name and it would be technically impossible to register it because the character limit of a 2nd / 3th / 4th level / ... - (sub -) domain is 63 characters.

If it would be possible to register this as domain name, believe me - it would exist as domain name, no matter how "convoluted" it may be for some (I don't see the "convolution" here, I just see a clear and logical pattern) pigeons ;)
I tried to check it on whois yesterday and it resulted in a server error. TopVirus.Top

•••
ToTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTop.top

ToTop... above will work as it is only 63 characters which is the maximum allowed.

•••
While going through all my messages and so on from contacts etc, moreover new ones from the domaining industry, I can't help but notice that almost all have 3 or four word domain names which describe what their company does.

Now isn't that strange.

•••
I tried to check it on whois yesterday and it resulted in a server error. [...]
🚩

If you mean the string

"TopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTop.top"

that @Want2learn has posted - then yes, this one won't work as it does (and can) not exist because it is not possible to register as domain name (as I described above).
This string is simply not (possible as) a domain name - that's why you
(logically) got and will get a server error if you put it into your browser's URL - bar.

ToTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTop.top

ToTop... above will work as it is only 63 characters which is the maximum allowed.
🚩

63 characters are allowed without / before the dot and the TLD.
The string that you posted above (ToTop...) has 63 characters including the dot and the TLD.
It has 59 characters before the dot (1 character) and the TLD (3 characters), this makes a total of 63 characters.
This string would work as domain name but it is not registered at this time.

I believe, the domain name, that @Want2learn wanted 2 post, is this one:

toptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptop.top

This one works as it is registered.

I hope my explanation helps.
What I can not explain is why he sees it as "convoluted".

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back