IT.COM

Locked of my Networksolutions acc & Can't reset Password

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

YairDD

I'm cool, I think?Top Member
Impact
Edit: chat support was able to help. Don't open a support ticket, the support there is useless and just tells you to call them. chat support solves the issues immediately.

Thanks

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Actually crazy. I contacted support told them my account is locked if they can unlock it, and they answered me with a message saying how to retreive ID and Password. ????? What???
Twice in a row.
Amazing support.

•••
Try to contact them by phone. It's the most efficient way maybe.

•••
It's your fault.
You should ask them how to retrieve ID and password if you want to unlock your account.
This is NotWorkSolutions and not any normal Registrar.

•••
Stop using NetworkSolutions, people.

Not even Snapnames is worth it.

Obviously, good luck recovering, OP.

Last edited:
•••
It's your fault.
You should ask them how to retrieve ID and password if you want to unlock your account.
This is NotWorkSolutions and not any normal Registrar.
Lmao...
Problem is they have some nice domains you can't buy anywhere else... tbh I don't think the headache is worth it

•••
If you have a daily os backup/time machine, go back to the previous version … the old password should be there.

•••
If you have a daily os backup/time machine, go back to the previous version … the old password should be there.
To be honest I don't know what does that mean

•••
If you have a daily or weekly backup of your operating system, you can rollback and see the old password. For win 10
  1. Press Win + R to open Run (command prompt)
  2. Type inetcpl.cpl, and then click OK.
  3. Go to the Content tab.
  4. Under AutoComplete, click on Settings.
  5. Click on Manage Passwords. This will then open Credential Manager where you can view your saved passwords.
Also, the chrome browser should contain the old password.

For macOS

run keychain

Last edited:
•••
If you have a daily or weekly backup of your operating system, you can rollback and see the old password. For win 10
  1. Press Win + R to open Run (command prompt)
  2. Type inetcpl.cpl, and then click OK.
  3. Go to the Content tab.
  4. Under AutoComplete, click on Settings.
  5. Click on Manage Passwords. This will then open Credential Manager where you can view your saved passwords.
Also, the chrome browser should contain the old password.

For macOS

run keychain

I remember the password, the problem was that the account was locked.

Thankfully, chat support was able to help and remove the lock
Thanks, I'll definitely keep that in mind if it ever happens again though

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back