IT.COM

domain localcommerce.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

99Mike99

Impact
Newbie here, other's thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

1. Acquisition Reason:
Bought the domain 9/17/1998 for a new business idea that I had.
2. Markets: Local Businesses, Local Advertising, Local Coupons, etc was the idea back then, fresh idea at the time ;).
3. Research: I checked for other businesses incorporated as localcommerce and none were found back then.
4. End-User Value: unsure how to answer this
5. Reseller Value: unsure how to answer this
6. Traffic: no traffic currently
7. Revenue: no revenue currently, site has not been "used for anything useful" in quite a long time
8. Age: over 19 years now if my math is right
9. Miscellaneous: not sure what else to include, I have checked estibot: $400 and change, domain index: $40,000 and change LOL, I see that commercelocal.com (reverse of my name) is up for sale for $4,000 and change on sedo?? forget where I saw it now and can't seem to locate it as I'm typing this.

I could really use guidance, I want a fair price. I have a for sale page up on the site now with a random thrown up there price, but really don't know what this thing is worth so I joined here to collect information and put the feelers out to educate myself.

Thank you in advance for any guidance.
Mike

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I really like the domain. You may want to reconsider just throwing a price up there to sell the domain. If it is underpriced you will see very quickly bc it will be purchased quickly. If it is over priced it will sit and you may miss out on actual end users who would buy it now.

If it were local dot com or commerce dot com you could do what you wanted! Localcommerce is better than commercelocal.

If you are looking for a fast sale PM me.

As far as value to an end user you could be looking mid XXX up to midXXXX.

•••
Thank you for the information and your thoughts on the appraisal, I really appreciate it.

So, let me ask this. I realize that namepros is like a domain investment site right? So people here are buying names to resell to make money on. So like in a consignment store someone buys something new for $100 and the store will buy it at $.10 or $.20 on the dollar, let's say $15 to sell for $35 in the store (profit $20). So what is the going profit for domains? Obviously buyers would love to buy at $.01 on the dollar, and sellers are probably looking for 125% of the market value. But are there well accepted profit ranges and such in this trade?

I don't want to give this domain away. I want a fair price, where a reseller can also make money on their end. But I still feel uneducated here. Any other input from the forum? The more data I collect the better I'll personally feel making a final decision. All help is appreciated.

•••
Thank you for the information and your thoughts on the appraisal, I really appreciate it.

So, let me ask this. I realize that namepros is like a domain investment site right? So people here are buying names to resell to make money on. So like in a consignment store someone buys something new for $100 and the store will buy it at $.10 or $.20 on the dollar, let's say $15 to sell for $35 in the store (profit $20). So what is the going profit for domains? Obviously buyers would love to buy at $.01 on the dollar, and sellers are probably looking for 125% of the market value. But are there well accepted profit ranges and such in this trade?

I don't want to give this domain away. I want a fair price, where a reseller can also make money on their end. But I still feel uneducated here. Any other input from the forum? The more data I collect the better I'll personally feel making a final decision. All help is appreciated.

I think you have the right idea. My dad use to have a local produce mart. For example, he could have used the domain you have. If he were not my dad I would target about 200-300 for my pricing. If I knew it would sell for 300 within a year it would be easy for me to pay 100. Which by the way would still be more than many here would pay. But since I don't know when it would sell and I have to factor in plus 8 when I transfer domain in to me plus another renewal, I am now $16 on top of whatever I'd pay.

I keep saying I and me, but the reality is all of us are in that same boat. You would be in the boat if you were looking to acquire the domain

Ultimately if you want a quick sale you can do one of a few things here. Set a buy it now for what you want. Start an auction. Or take best offers.

I like the name. So I am interested. I'm not sure if I am even in the same ballpark with you prove wise.

Let me ask you this. If I told you I was opening up a local commerce swap shop and I wanted to buy your domain. I said I'm interested. But it has to make financial sense to me as well. I'm a local one man show just opening up. What number would you submit to me? PS I'm a teacher so no local swap shop for me!!

•••
Where do you think your domain fits? And remember we are domain investors not end users!!

Showing 1 to 10 of 91 entries
Domain Price Date Venue
securedcommerce.com 130 USD 2017-06-17 GoDaddy
betcommerce.com 405 USD 2017-06-12 NameJet / Select.Auction
w3commerce.com 2,500 USD 2017-03-23 BuyDomains
wichitafallscommerce.com 400 USD 2016-12-20 NameJet
qrcommerce.com 153 USD 2016-12-13 GoDaddy
bytecommerce.com 116 USD 2016-12-13 GoDaddy
hostingecommerce.com 220 USD 2016-11-22 GoDaddy
viacommerce.com 2,155 USD 2016-11-07 BuyDomains
personalcommerce.com 2,000 USD 2016-10-12 BuyDomains
codecommerce.com 282 USD 2016-07-16 NameJet

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back