IT.COM

Loans on domains

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Rick Pereira

Established Member
Impact
Have any of you used this service? I know about lend.me and intelend.com but i want to know how much they reckon i could get and never get an answer for that.

Anyone sites you would recommend for it?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
There is domaincapital too I think.

•••
Have any of you used this service? I know about lend.me and intelend.com but i want to know how much they reckon i could get and never get an answer for that.

Anyone sites you would recommend for it?

•••
I like the model of Lend.me and Domain Capital, but keep in mind that they're a business, just like banks.

With that being said, I'd rather have a loan in my name, as well as the domain, than a "loan" in my name and a domain in theirs. As far as I know, a bank does not hold your domain in their registrars account as they would put their name on your car title. This is because it is a higher interest loan at 11.5% for a personal loan or a lower interest rate with a business loan.

If you were to default*, most banks wouldn't know what to do in either case, unless it was a high ticket multi-million dollar domain name that you've drafted a solid business plan for. The domain is essentially yours.

With Lend.me, the domain is theirs.

I've explained to two loan officers at my bank and they looked at me like, "you want $50,000 for what? :xf.confused:"

Anywhoo, I got my loan(s) and high lines of credit because I am in the 800 club (or just under now).

It's good to compare your options and see what Lend.me can do for you if you happen to have no credit or bad credit and can't secure a loan. Or, it's just a better method for you to use because of the interest rate and payment plan difference.

After you have your ducks in a row, compare the two and make a wise decision.

* Not insinuating to destroy your credit and default over $50,000 to buy domain names that make money, which I believe is against policy of all banks to take a personal loan with the intentions to profit from. It's ethically wrong to do it on purpose, but life does happen.

•••
In my case i cant apply for a loan. Not over anything i did, its just because of my job, i have no boss and in Portugal you cant apply for a loan(or even credit card etc) without a payslip every month.

That is why i was thinking of using one of these, but only one that would let me keep trying to actively sell my domains.

Thanks for your post

•••
In my case i cant apply for a loan. Not over anything i did, its just because of my job, i have no boss and in Portugal you cant apply for a loan(or even credit card etc) without a payslip every month.

That is why i was thinking of using one of these, but only one that would let me keep trying to actively sell my domains.

Thanks for your post
In that case, try contacting them with the domain name that you want and see how they can help you. I can only assume it's almost 100% approval if the domain and price match, as they retain ownership I believe.

Though as I said, I think they operate more as a business and not a bank. So, it's beneficial for you to build trust with them over time so you can continually build a solid portfolio by borrowing and paying off.

I have never looked into terms of them, but I have to assume they can stop you from using certain domains that could violate laws and get it taken from them. Then, they lost money and no domain to back them up with to sell themselves.

Check both of them out once you have a "business plan" and domain name ready. I'm sure they will want more information than, "I want xxxxxx.com for $7500".

Good luck and wish you the best of success after you can secure the domain you're looking for!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back