Domain Empire

auctions LNVESTOR.xyz for 194 USD - I do not get it

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Would you pay 194 for LNVESTOR.xyz?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • Yes

vote
    5.0%
  • No

votes
    75.0%
  • I do not buy XYSs

votes
    20.0%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

spigiv

Top Member
Impact
Hi
Maybe someone here can explain this to me. LNVESTOR.xyz yesterday sold for 194 USD at SAV. Looks like investor.xyz but with a capital i when written out (ok I see the pro/value in that) but still I cannot see the 194 price tag value nor usecase for such a name.

Can someone more knowledgable explain maybe here :)

Also added a poll here, would you pay 194 for LNVESTOR.xyz :)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It was made to look as this is not a typo lNVESTOR.XYZ and people that did/ didn't copy paste it search etc didn't work it out were confused on purpose.

Last edited:
•••
I get that :) not the smartest bidders then I guess… :)

•••
Be aware of the IDN then as any high sale ended in tears.

•••
Definitely a Lnvestment by a Lnvestor who Lnvested by Lnvesting in a Lnvest.

•••
When I saw GO.LA for sale on this site the first thing I did upon seeing the domain name was check that it was not 'G0.LA', i.e. it was not a zero instead of the letter 'O', I actually more than half expected it to be the numeric zero. :cautious:

It goes without saying that buyers should always check - and if there is any doubt then arrange the purchase over multiple payments so that if they are caught out then the loss can at least be mitigated.

Having said the above $194 for a domain is not high, and indeed the buyer might have a specific use for the 'L' domain name in this extension, we just do not know, all we can do is hope for the buyers sake that they did get the domain name they thought they were getting, if not then it was a relatively cheap lesson for them in doing due diligence before purchasing.

•••
If someone wants to buy "investor" with an "L", so be it. Sometimes beauty really is in the eye of the beholder (the end user)...assuming this isn't an IDN, or a buyer assuming it was "investor"

That said, it is best not to take these one-off situations as some "opportunity", or to accept the "beauty in the eye of the beholder" idea...you've got to be reasonable. Vast majority of the time, you will be disappointed. IMO

•••
The owner has long been trying to sell it on Reddit. Saw that several times over an year.

I guess someone finally bought it.

Edit: TBH I have seen weirder things sell for even more

Last edited:
•••
Did not know, interesting.
The owner has long been trying to sell it on Reddit. Saw that several times over an year.

I guess someone finally bought it.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back