IT.COM

LLLX.com - $29.95 eNom renewal question

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Does anyone know how to renew a name that has expired on eNom for cheaper than the $29.95 they are trying to extort from me!!! Aaaaaarrrggghhhh!!!

I usually just transfer the names to GoDaddy before they expire but I forgot to do that this time. I bought the name on eBay for $15, so I REALLY don't want to pay an additional $30 on top of that to keep the name!

HELP!!!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
do you have a regular enom account or a reseller enom account

how long ago did the name expire

•••
I have a regular account with them. The name expired around 20 days ago so I need to move quickly. Thanks!

•••
get a reseller account, under domain services at the namepros top menu

push name to this account, renew at a decent price and then push back to your main account

hope that helps, never done it before myself but heard others doing it

•••
Reseller accounts need a minimum deposit of $100, so if you want to renew just that one domain, then get the retail account.

•••
im sure they dont, but if they do find someone that has one and that will help you out, push to them, renew, push back

•••
Can you push a name back and forth like that? Also, can you push a name after it's expired?

•••
briman1970 said:
Can you push a name back and forth like that?
I believe you can only push a name once every 7 days...so you'd have to wait a week to get it back.

•••
Anyone here with an eNom reseller account that can do this for me? I'll give ya some rep and NP$ :)

•••
I still need someone's help with this! I don't want to lose my domain! :'(

•••
Did you try signing up for a retail account through NP and try to renew for $8.88?

http://www.namepros.com/enomsignup.php

If that does not work, I'm afraid you'll have to pay the $29.95 - you can always email eNom to double check.

•••
I've lost a really good name recently because it expired. Like you, in was in the regular enom account. I was unable to push it to the other account because it had expired. You have only 29 freaking days to renew!

Then...if you miss that time...they charge you $160 in the redemption period. I was severely disappointed in this rediculous amount and told them so. I am not going to pay $160 for a name I paid $35 for. I told them good luck in the auction...it was a premium LLLL.com May be worth $60 or more but not $160

•••
To both parties that have had their names expire with eNom:

Did eNom send you renewal notices prior to the expiration date? If they did, why did you not take action to either renew or transfer out to another registrar?

•••
Briman,
First: Hope you've found someone to help, if not, PM me and we can work things out.
Second: Fix this problem in the future and get http://www.namepros.com/enomsignup.php an account for $8 (or so...) renewals to avoid the premium pricing from enom direct.
Then any names you buy that are reg'd at enom, have pushed into your account that was created through NamePros, and push all your current account names into the NamePros created account.
-Allan :gl:

•••
webfreak said:
Did you try signing up for a retail account through NP and try to renew for $8.88?

http://www.namepros.com/enomsignup.php

If that does not work, I'm afraid you'll have to pay the $29.95 - you can always email eNom to double check.
I tried to do this but it didn't work. It wouldn't let me push after the name was expired.

webfreak said:
Did eNom send you renewal notices prior to the expiration date? If they did, why did you not take action to either renew or transfer out to another registrar?
Mistakes are made, even by the best of us. :)

IAmAllanShore said:
Briman,
First: Hope you've found someone to help, if not, PM me and we can work things out.
Second: Fix this problem in the future and get http://www.namepros.com/enomsignup.php an account for $8 (or so...) renewals to avoid the premium pricing from enom direct.
Then any names you buy that are reg'd at enom, have pushed into your account that was created through NamePros, and push all your current account names into the NamePros created account.
-Allan :gl:
Allan, I will take your (and everyone's) suggestions to heart and will definitely do that from now on. I don't think it will work to do a push at the present so I'm not sure if you can help me, but if you have any other way to fix this please let me know! :'(

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back