NameSilo

LLL's and LLLL's are sure selling alot lately....

Labeled as question in "Short" Domain Discussion, started by Shuttlepro, Feb 10, 2017

Replies:
Views:

1. Shuttlepro

Shuttlepro Top Contributor VIP

Anyone notice? Does anyone get the idea they know something maybe we haven't caught on to yet?

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. E-Promote

E-Promote Top Contributor VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Huh?

3. Shuttlepro

I just mean it seems maybe there's a sentiment among major industry players and people pushing big sums around that seem to be dumping these alot lately.

4. E-Promote

I guess because I am a buyer I focus on the opportunity. Fundamentally 2 and 3 letter .com's are the best of breed when it comes to acronyms for a biz but 4L's are also attractive as more accessible to smaller co's.

5. Shuttlepro

True on the sell and dip comes the buy potential as long as another spike happens....my point is.....do you guys think that will happen again with 3's and 4's or with all the new gTLD's are they just getting out while they can?

6. E-Promote

Big players in the stock market may sell off their large positions for a variety of reasons but this simply creates opportunity for the small investor that believes in the fundamental strength and future demand of the underlying asset. You need to decide what you believe.

A possible answer to your original question tho, I honestly believe that the US is headed for another recession, a recession worst than the last, believe it or not. There are a few reasons that I believe this, none of which involve our current president, but he and his admin might just be the spark that lights it up.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2017
  7. Jv1999

Jv1999 Wander Aimlessly: Redeemed Knight of the Exo-Tower VIP

good luck acquiring a 2L .com :D

8. E-Promote

Wasn't that hard at the start of the last recession.

9. Shuttlepro

Oh I feel ya on that, I don't doubt it. I don't believe all this happy peppy 20k+ stock market bs. I think for one reason or another, we may head into another one like you said. So you do have some points....well taken. I guess we just gotta keep our eye out.

10. Shuttlepro

What kinda prices did 2L's go for back around 08 recession?

11. domain hacks

domain hacks Established Member

All LLLL.COMs are selling above $1000 these days, no matter what is letter combo(if these are CHIPs), so if the guys selling them bought them at under $200...thats what...500% ROI
    You see why are they selling them?

12. Shuttlepro

Yes in that case I do, but I meant LLLL's in general (I usually see alot being dumped for $235-300ish).

13. Jv1999

Wait really? Aren't they super rare that people aren't letting go since the dawn of .coms? Or am I mistaking that for 1Ls.

would be nice to own a 2L and just like keep it for 20 years until it's worth 100 million dollars.

do you own a 2l??

14. Jv1999

what. I think I saw a 4L non-pronouncable go for only 250 - 300 on auction in NP.

15. Shuttlepro

Well thats what people did apparantly. The recession was a near 29 depression and people that were holding on to the 2L's planning to hold for a long time probably got jumpy or had lack of funds and sold them off.

On another note I've even seen an uptick in 2L's on namepros lately.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2017
  16. domain hacks

domain hacks Established Member

Pronounceable does not equal CHIPs. (I was talking about 4L CHIPs)

17. E-Promote

Not saying there were that many (not many exist) just that hard times force hands that need cash.

18. Kassey Lee

Kassey Lee China Domains VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

2L .com is gold and 3L .com is silver in China. Recession comes and goes but the corporate demand is huge. My Jan 18 post has detailed discussion on it.

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
biix
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice