NameSilo

LLLLL.com (5 Letter) Sales and discussion thread

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

GlobalDomainer

Account Closed
Impact
Hi guys,

Like anyone of you, I am always searching for new trends. For the last 18 months I went really deep into the LLLL. I placed my bets, and now only have to wait for all them 4 letters to be :sold:

So I was thinking. What would be a nice new niche for me to get into? My answer after some thinking and testing is actually quite simple. I decided to invest in quality LLLLL coms. I know I know, it is not actually a new trend and not really a niche. But I tell you, these 5 letter domains can become big business in some time :imho:

Why? Because quality 5 letter domains are extremely brandable. Lots of startups there looking for a brandable short name, especially the web 2.0 based ones. Quality 5 letter domains generate also natural type in traffic as I experienced myself. And ofcourse, it is dotcom based, the only safe bet you can make I believe.

I also believe that not all 5 letter dotcoms will be sold shortly, maybe they will never be. You really need to have quality names. But that is also a question I have for you. What is a quality name in this niche?

So maybe we can make this thread a bit sticky and share thoughts and experiences in developing this part of the domain market.

Oh yeah, just to share this with you. I recently acquired sygar, lyned, jebia, sebod, pifab, pobit, samau and penep.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
ssamriga said:
ok, no hard feelings, I just want people to think carefully before jumping into any new trend, and 5L.coms may not grow in value faster than renewal fees, then again if you are good enough in finding the right names and the right buyers, that can be a very profitable niche of course...
That's it! wholeheartedly agree ssamriga, the last thing I want is people new to domaining, registering dud domains and getting put off domaining due to bad taste in their mouth from a negative domaining experience!

"Learn from the mistakes firstly, and then the success of others" moral of the story!

•••
My sales today, 5 Letter LLLLL.com

Squol.com $24.95

Last edited:
•••
•••
27 Jan 2008
royer.com
$2,605
Sold at AfternicDLS

Last edited:
•••
•••
LLLLL.com AfternicDLS Sales Report Jan 2008

royer.com $2,605
envis.com $3,888
katel.com $3,088
ezgym.com $2,750
vidmo.com $2,488
edist.com $2,288
Weeve.com $2,100
tippo.com $2,000

Zalaki said:
Thats 6 Letters buddy :p

•••
Pronounceable (5 Letter) LLLLL.com Sales and Evaluation Thread

__
______

This thread is to report 5 Letter LLLLL.com sales and make evaluations on 5 letter.com domain names

The criteria is the 5 letter.com's must be pronounceable

~They must be 5 letters only!

~They can not be 1 word generic 5 letter words: Like crime, cross, crave etc...

~They are allowed to contain one generic word or more in them, so long as the LLLLL.com contains at least one other letter with the generic word

As people who have read my threads previously would have realised, my take on 5 letters is to head for quality, smoothness and or standout 'wow' factor!

Post away people, note, I will post 5 letter.com sales from anywhere if I happen to come accross them, but please feel free to input as many 5 letter.com sales as you please, most recent would be good!

:) Cheers!

"I love 5l.com's, they have just enough length to be credible and short enough to be memorable!"

I would have actually have said that the other way around (5 letters, just short enough to be credible) but It sounds inspiring anyhow MrSpartan

MrSpartan's quote came from the 5 letter showcase thread. This is the thread incase you were looking for it:

http://www.namepros.com/domain-name...andable-5l-lllll-com.html?highlight=lllll.com

__
______

Recent sales

Falca.com $90.00 1 bidder Auction ended: Jan/25/08 08:09 PM CET Sedo

Frozy.com $310 6 bidders Auction ended: Jan/30/08 05:43 PM CET Sedo

Salna.com (This was my domain name)

3 bidders $175 Auction ended: Jan/31/08 03:32 PM CET Sedo

:xf.love:
_______

Last edited:
•••
•••
r3born said:
To begin : ozzer.com $20
Kewl 'r3born' :hi: Your sale I am assuming? :sold:

•••
I have 2

TvVol com

CdVol com

Vol being the abreviation for volume

:hehe:

•••
Sold tonight by yours truly on ebay

Gazle.com $30.87

Boimo.com $1.79

Bayzy.com $5.50

Deavo.com $20.50

iScum.com $152.50

Other ebay 5 letter sales that ended tonight (not by me)

Cunot.com $6.00

Kozoy.com $8.00

:xf.love: On Sedo auction 2 days to go!! Yeft.com and ffeb.com! Celebrate February with the best domain name :xf.love:

Last edited:
•••
Jan 2008 Sales Report
royer.com $2,605
Namejet

envis.com $3,888
patris.com $3,088
AfternicDLS

•••
I have sold all of the following 5L.com names in the last few months. I am not willing to reveal where they were sold though:

poork $110
yokeo $39
vuvio $80
behos $45
dalop $51
fodib $45
horot $45
ududo $45
jazgo $45
gukis $45
drofo $45
yepio $45
zotio $45
frovy $45
plovo $45
natir $45
rurio $45
osifo $45
papep $55
tumio $45
igigo $45
ofoma $55
ofona $45
wokio $45
tebeb $55
wuzio $45
ralem $45
pafog $45

All were hand registered. I like 5L .com's :)

•••
I absolutely :xf.love: my 5L.coms, I don't sell them though. Feel free to valuate some if you like.

Adzaz.com
Alotz.com
AwBot.com
Bmxen.com
CeZee.com
Dogaw.com
Dadoh.com
Flyah.com
Gamzy.com
Gasoz.com
IsTax.com
Jobbn.com
Mapze.com
Oggon.com
Ottsy.com
Ozoar.com
SeZee.com
Teeoz.com
ToJee.com
Utuff.com
Wejee.com
YeBed.com

I have around 150 or so more 5L.coms, All, either highly brandable, or my favorite, two generic words in five letters.

•••
TDNAM Aftermarket

Bonzy.com - $706
Koosy.com - $771
iDose.com - $400
Blaxy.com - $444

•••
I was bidding on CARED.com but was outbid - snap.

cared.com $3,163.00

g-

•••
Aussie domainer I like that name Poork.com you sold, nice name! Good one! ralem.com, plovo.com and papep.com nice too. Good job with the selling

.X. I like Oggon.com, Tojee.com and Utuff.com I think Tojee would particularly have great appeal to some end users due to it's cool and unique appeal, followed by a nice price could go with it

Last edited:
•••
There is something that it not properly discussed here.

By showing few , even few hundreds, 5L.sales , out of nearly 12 millions , it`s not a good indication of value for every 5L.com , not even for the pronunciables.

The problem is that newbies may get the wrong message since they see LLLL.com values skyrocking , then every new niche will just create illusions that may never come true.

Sure, you may even be lucky to sell a few of them , but it`s very different from having a minimun resale value for ALL of them.

I`m trying to point that the real reason behind some (if not most of them) is that they were ENDUSERS sales and they did not sell JUST BECAUSE they were 5L.com

•••
Go to below:
http://www.namepros.com/domain-name-discussion/426018-pronounceable-5-letter-lllll-com-sales.html

Falca.com $90.00 1 bidder Auction ended: Jan/25/08 08:09 PM CET Sedo

Frozy.com $310 6 bidders Auction ended: Jan/30/08 05:43 PM CET Sedo

Salna.com $175 Auction ended: Jan/31/08 03:32 PM CET Sedo

ozzer.com $20 ebay

Gazle.com $30.87

Boimo.com $1.79

Bayzy.com $5.50

Deavo.com $20.50

iScum.com $152.50

poork $110
yokeo $39
vuvio $80
behos $45
dalop $51
fodib $45
horot $45
ududo $45
jazgo $45
gukis $45
drofo $45
yepio $45
zotio $45
frovy $45
plovo $45
natir $45
rurio $45
osifo $45
papep $55
tumio $45
igigo $45
ofoma $55
ofona $45
wokio $45
tebeb $55
wuzio $45
ralem $45
pafog $45

•••
on sedo homepage today:

sold:

wiski.com $1000
charz.com $1200

:sold:

•••
arnie said:
on sedo homepage today:

sold:

wiski.com $1000
charz.com $1200

:sold:
Now that's some nice 5 Letter sales! That be :sold:

•••
raredn.com said:
Aussie domainer I like that name Poork.com you sold, nice name! Good one! ralem.com, plovo.com and papep.com nice too. Good job with the selling

.X. I like Oggon.com, Tojee.com and Utuff.com I think Tojee would particularly have great appeal to some end users due to it's cool and unique appeal, followed by a nice price could go with it

Thanks for the kind words raredn.com, I have gotten a few emails with inquires about purchasing a few of my 5L.coms, I wont sell them, unless i got a super nice offer, But in general, mine are not for sale, I started regging them 3 years or so ago, The same with my general portfolio, I don't sell my domains.

•••
•••
i sold zocoo.com privatly for $500

•••
UKFur.com

$500

Hakimian Gem Co.

Sedo Auction 2 Feb 2008
------------------------
wiski.com $1000
Charz.com $1200

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back