IT.COM

.mobi LLL vs. NNNN for .mobi

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

MCDomains

DomainSeeking.comVIP Member
Impact
There are more LLL's than NNNN's ... it's 100x easier to type in a NNNN than some random LLL

I think NNNN.mobi domains would be much better for mobile users...

What does everyone else think?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
No, I am most definitely FOR numbers. It is just that what I am saying is that I do not see them having value because they represent a word - As movingconcierge said "I don't think I would ever naturally think about going to 2269.mobi for BMW...not ever." and I agree. The reason that these numbers have value is that they immediately lend themselves to a numeric keypad, as is standard for most phones, they are internationally recognised, so appeal to a completely global market, unlike either idn's or latin-character domains. The greatest area of popularity for numeric domains in almost all extensions is China, Japan etc, and this is also the area of greatest increase in the use of both the internet and mobile phones. Do the maths :hehe:

•••
movingconcierge said:
Just for sh!ts and giggles I looked at NNN ~ they are ALL GONE, but NNNN are overabundant.

Here are some of the better numbers that I found. They are better in my opinion because they are only ones and zeros and don't require any multi button push...

There is a looooooong way between key 1 and key 0 :) (I am joking)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back