Domain Empire

.us LLL.us - Supply and demand.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Now that my deal is complete, here's the results of an exercise I just went through with LLL.us. I scanned the entire LLL.us namespace, sorted by email address of owner and looked for people with relatively small collections (3 to 30 domains). I skipped a few that were all Q,X,Z domains, but otherwise blindly offered $150 per domain regardless of letter combinations. I sent well over a hundred emails in total. I figured this was a fair price based on recent reseller prices.

Surprisingly, I received quite a few responses. Most of them were "we are not selling", a handful were selling but wanted at least $500 per domain and I got one bite on a 14 domain collection. Now go look at the number of LLL.us headings in the "domains wanted" forum.

Based on supply and demand, I'd say the future looks bright for these domains.

Oh, the domains in question are:

ive.us
ize.us
ler.us
lly.us
ngs.us
plo.us
ble.us
ous.us
ove.us
uck.us
yer.us
ter.us
ves.us
zes.us

Not that I'm a big fan of domain hacks, but almost every one of these has great hack potential (uck.us? :)

I think I'll just add 2 years to the registration on each of these and lock them away until 2009.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
zouzas said:
so whose buying at snapnames every week ,,its not endusers..........
We've now had three of big holders of LLL.us contribute to this debate: dsiomtw, Duke, and now zouzas. I doubt any of them have conspired to fix prices. Moreover, I'd be interested in knowing how many LLL.us domains zouzas has sold to endusers within the past year. My hunch is that he has had a similar experience as Duke.

•••
I'm not a player in the LLL market. From what I've personally experienced in terms of the number of (serious) inquiries for my regular (non LLL) .US names over these last few weeks it seems pretty clear that something pretty significant is going on....makes you ponder: to act when the iron is hot or hold on till even better times are around?

•••
Small update, guess some folks don't read their email too often. Just completed a 1k deal for the following 6 domains:

shk.us
kur.us
esp.us
cij.us
lur.uk
pkk.us

2 of them registered until 2012 :)

•••
give you $500 now for esp.us i have emailed the guy with that name two times and never got a response!!........thats really upsetting..

Last edited:
•••
Sorry, this one's a keeper, for now at least, I'd have paid that much for it myself if he'd asked.

Wouldn't be too upset about not getting a response btw, obviously doesnt read emails very often - was only two weeks later I got a response to mine. Caught the owner just at the right time, apparently his water heater had just blown. Real nice guy too, only one of the people I've received a response from has been anything but professional and polite even those who were simply "no thanks" or asking unrealistic amounts based on today's market. That's nice to see, easy to get a negative impression of this biz at times.

Now if only potential end users weren't quite so rude. I've tried all approaches, good sized emails with reasons why certain domains would be good for their business, short emails just stating that the domain name is for sale and respond if interested, and a whole bunch of stuff in between. I even add a line to the bottom of every email stating that this is not from a mailing list, they were hand picked to receive the email and if they consider it spam please excuse the interruption to their day. All I ever get back is along the lines of "#$%# off spammer!". Oh, and finally added a new line to my signature in honor of .US :)

•••
I think this thread is a healthy debate.....I think you get into a supply vs demand issue only on crappy acronyms...Due to the extreme low number of LLL's...This is usually the case with com-net-info aswell...As Duke pointed out...He is selling higher end letter combinations,That brings in the end-user...Not just a LLL name...crappy letter combos sale...definatly..From domainer to domainer in most cases.....They generally don't draw end-user interest because they actually have no official use....So the rarity to the domainer factor comes into play....No different than a LLN.com....Most sit in a domainers register with the domainer just having the pride of owning one...But...Nice letter combos draw in the end-users...Anyone can go to TDNAM or Pool and bid on low to mid level LLL acronyms...and get them in the dot US extensions very cheap at the moment....That will change very soon imo.

Last edited:
•••
what the heck does "lll" in lll.us stand for

•••
It stands for "one of the best domain investments available right now". :)

Technically, lll refers to 3 letters (letter letter letter) such as abc.us, xyz.us etc.

•••
punjabi007 said:
what the heck does "lll" in lll.us stand for
L stands for "letter" so it means 3-letter .us :)

EDIT: Beat me to it! :)

•••
So, the sum of the last 2 pages is:
End-users sales are more a "promotional" factor wich have the only power to attract new players in the LLL.us game, more then "putting" money in the market.
Since the value of this kind of names is based on its limited quantity the current value of LLL.us is directly proportional to the number of people interested in investing in them. From an economical point of view, does it makes sense?

•••
No that's not correct at all. End users buy .us names every single day. Would we like there to be more of them? Yes. Do I think there will be lots more of them in the coming 1-2 years? Undoubtedly yes.

•••
Lasher said:
Small update, guess some folks don't read their email too often. Just completed a 1k deal for the following 6 domains:

shk.us
kur.us
esp.us
cij.us
lur.uk
pkk.us

2 of them registered until 2012 :)

700 for esp.us

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back