NameSilo

.tv LLL.tv

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Do you think there's gonna be a LLL.tv buyout in the coming days, weeks, months, ...?

If so, do you think the reseller values with reach to $x.xxx some day?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Thread;
http://www.namepros.com/dot-tv/645706-non-premium-lll-tv-buyout.html

Not even for the best combos (that are other than words, such as "Sex.TV"), IMHO. :guilty:

Good Luck,
Jeff B-)

...and it at once became crystal clear that the torch had been passed, One adversary gives way to another, even stronger one.

But even as the "Moriarty" of the extension grew in depth and strength, so indeed did the extension itself, effectively neutralizing the toxic effects of the statements of a much more powerful foe...

•••
No way it will happen. I think they still have 24,000 premiums unregistered.

I wonder about total registration. When more than half of their premiums are dropped due to pricing. Now not sure what's left but I think the premium have to go first and then the LLL else, it will be a long time. The problem is you have now all the big domainers buying up premiums for reg fees and others, a small group buying all the names. Who are you going to sell it to is the question ????

•••
No way it will happen...

"No way" is a hard phrase, indeed. The climate will change as the economy turns, as history has shown, regardless of circumstance. Nothing happens overnight and it took this long for .tv to get the attention it garnered and the extension still has nothing but time and progress to improve it status in the cyberuniverse.

I own 3 lll.tv names with absolutely NO intentions of selling them. There is opportunity in a select combination of letters and that should not be denied. I appreciate your input but see things from a differing perspective, perhaps.

Hey, toss the dice , anyway!

•••
Who are you going to sell it to is the question ????

^ Great post tech ... I have been struggling to answer this question since pretty much the first hours of the "frenzy" ... it was easy to predict mass registrations (supply), but other than Wholesale trading in & amongst normally cheap domainer Usual Suspects™ - where will the :$: End users / developers come from to purchase (demand) all of these ".TV" domains? :blink:

Kind regards,
Jeff B-)

Last edited:
•••
^ Great post tech ... I have been struggling to answer this question since pretty much the first hours of the "frenzy" ... it was easy to predict mass registrations (supply), but other than Wholesale trading in & amongst normally cheap domainer Usual Suspects™ - where will the :$: End users / developers come from to purchase (demand) all of these ".TV" domains? :blink:

Kind regards,
Jeff B-)

It is indeed unfortunate that you are struggling. but persevere in your present steady pace and you should manage just fine. This may be, perhaps, a different experience that is foreign to the way that you, and many among you, have functioned in the past.

I dunno, I'm just as perplexed as you are, but in a different angle, I guess. Where you see doubt, I see change. Where you see the norm, I see the balance shifting. Like I said, I'm strugglin', too. But I am beginning to recognize the opportunity that has arisen over the last week in conjuction with other factors involving recent activities.

Call it playing a hunch. Call it reality. It's here now and it ain't going away anytime soon. I'm having fun and if you want to spin it in another direction, there is an open invitation for you to do just that. Love reading your posts, too.

Peace out.

•••
Call it playing a hunch. Call it reality. It's here now and it ain't going away anytime soon. I'm having fun and if you want to spin it in another direction, there is an open invitation for you to do just that. Love reading your posts, too.

Peace out.

At this point, it seems a gamble ... time will tell. :gl:

Varying and passionate opinions & prognostications are healthy, IMHO. :talk:
Peace,
Jeff B-)

•••
Do you think there's gonna be a LLL.tv buyout in the coming days, weeks, months, ...?

If so, do you think the reseller values with reach to $x.xxx some day?

If that happened it would be madness. The days of crazy LLL/LLLL buyouts ended 2 years ago. People who have hung on have lost badly in the main - the whole thing has ended in tears. Especially given the $20 reg fees I doubt anyone is foolish enough to try it in .tv.

As for 4 figures that is dreaming, .net is nowhere near that level to put it in perspective.

•••
Between Jeff and *everyone* else... I'm confused...

WTF just happened this week? Was it good? Was it bad? Does it even matter?

Is it worth reg fee? Who knows.... tech.tv it's worth $1,000,000 dollars right now but after april 1st it will it be worth $500?

The only thing that makes me think this WAS a game changer is that valuable keywords were snapped up BUT people are still willing to keep names with large renewal - probably finding it too hard to throw out an "investment" and hoping for "pricing change".

The only thing that makes me think this WASN'T a game changer is that it wasn't... to everyone except those few who stumbled into great keynames or who were given a little insider knowledge. The whole system seems skewed to me.

It's an interesting place.

•••
The whole system seems skewed to me.

I will agree with this part, some people got offers early on 3/18 to buy at registration fees and discounts while everyone else is left in the dark. That was a private offer from Enom which further questions, who's the insider and why ?

The problem they have now is there are still "premium" domain names in the thousands available that no one want. Why is that? maybe the definition of premium is wrongly coined.

If no one is buying up the premiums, why would they bother to buy the registration fee in hoping to sell that at premium? so who's going to buy up lll.tv at $20 or 15/yr for the next 3 years ?

•••
I will agree with this part, some people got offers early on 3/18 to buy at registration fees and discounts while everyone else is left in the dark. That was a private offer from Enom which further questions, who's the insider and why ?

As I know there were no private offers about registration for reg fee. There was an e-mail with a list of premium domains with "special pricing". There was a suggestion to call or mail Enom manager to book the names.
Than, here at Namepros it was a post, that the names from a list could be registered at different registrars.
It is the history I know and was a part of it:)

•••
As I know there were no private offers about registration for reg fee. There was an e-mail with a list of premium domains with "special pricing". There was a suggestion to call or mail Enom manager to book the names.
Than, here at Namepros it was a post, that the names from a list could be registered at different registrars.
It is the history I know and was a part of it:)

You're contradicting yourself.
Email of "special" pricing. suggestion to call and book the names?
Premium names booked on 3/18 for registration fee
Only few were offered the special pricing.

Those special pricing to book premium domain names for registration fees/suggestions are private offers that does not go public until the next day. The next day was 3/19 which as far as everyone knows the news was publish on 3/19. while on 3/18 some insiders got the better deals before the public got a chance to do anything.

•••

My assumption is that the first notice (Goldrush?) went out to premium .tv owners. And the second notice (Landrush?) went to all .tv owners. Could be wrong though.

The problem they have now is there are still "premium" domain names in the thousands available that no one want. Why is that? maybe the definition of premium is wrongly coined.

Got to imagine at some point they'll release a lot of them back to reg fee, those that don't sell for a premium. A lot of the premium pricing seems arbitrary at best.

If no one is buying up the premiums, why would they bother to buy the registration fee in hoping to sell that at premium? so who's going to buy up lll.tv at $20 or 15/yr for the next 3 years ?

Well if they dropped the premium pricing to reg fee on what are now premium LLL.tv there would be a huge run on them. There are plenty of premium LLLs there that I would wager $100 over 5 years on (ie, reg fee for five years). But there are still a lot of dogs in that pound that no one will (or should) want. It's one thing to protect a buyout once it's happened (eg, LLLL.com) but another to muster the enthusiasm (and naivete) to do it all over again.

•••
You're contradicting yourself.
Email of "special" pricing. suggestion to call and book the names?
Premium names booked on 3/18 for registration fee
Only few were offered the special pricing.

Those special pricing to book premium domain names for registration fees/suggestions are private offers that does not go public until the next day. The next day was 3/19 which as far as everyone knows the news was publish on 3/19. while on 3/18 some insiders got the better deals before the public got a chance to do anything.

I have at Enom 30 + .tv domains, only one Premium name. Don't know why exactly I've got this e-mail. I thought all people who has .tv's at Enom got this list.

To book the names - it's maybe a wrong word (sorry for my English). I was interested in two Premium names and when I called this manager she told me that she WILL TRY to register this names for me when the slot (or something) would be open. I asked her to register for me Blumen.tv and Meubles.tv for $500 each! These two domains were Premium names with $500 year renewal fees. I could register these names two, five, ten days before also for $500.

The prices in the list I've got were not special (the prices were the same as Premium year renewal fees). The only benifit was (as I understood) that I will pay "high price" only once!
Nobody told me that I can register them for reg fee at other registrar.

She didn't say me: Hey Nick, go to Dynadot and register names for reg fee - but only "When the slot will be open I'll try to register the names you want for 500 each". March 19 I've got an e-mail form her telling me that unfortunately she can't confirm that these two names (Blumen and Meubles) are avaliable for registration. I know why, cause they were already mine - because as most of people who were online at NP, I went to Dynadot and registered them. I even posted about this situation in one of the threads.

Last edited:
•••
Got to imagine at some point they'll release a lot of them back to reg fee, those that don't sell for a premium. A lot of the premium pricing seems arbitrary at best.

Dont think there will be left many unregistered premiums. Looks like buyout is going fast :)

Altough, many names are still overpriced, imho.

•••
My assumption is that the first notice (Goldrush?) went out to premium .tv owners. And the second notice (Landrush?) went to all .tv owners. Could be wrong though.

Not all premium owners got the list with the 18th deadline as I did not get it. It was I believed offered to some guys that had/have a lot of premium names or as a special offer to lure in famous .com domainers. This is not called the "Gold Rush" and from what I understand the deals were better on the 19th when it was opened to the public then it was on the 18th.

The premium domains were suppose to be released amongst many registers at the same time on the 19th at 9pm Central. As we know thousands of former premium domains were released for reg fee at 9pm. But there were hundreds if not thousands of former premium domains that were available for reg fee released a few hours earlier before anyone knew about it by name.com and dynadot.com (maybe others). There was no email that went out to anyone about this as far as I know and the way people found out about it was from this forum. Also, I believe the spout was closed after only a few hours once the registers found out that they opened up the faucet a bit early. Not sure how many people got in on the Gold Rush, but my guess is between 20 - 30 people who registered hundreds of names for reg fee including tech.tv, debt.tv and herb.tv

Hope this helps.

•••
Not all premium owners got the list with the 18th deadline as I did not get it.
Hope this helps.

That and some others said that they did not receive special email.
It is skewed, some people got deals before the public did.

Anyway. About the LLL.TV I don't think there will be a buyout at any moment. Because some of them are still priced xxx-mid xxx and if you buy them now you will need to expect to sell them for at least double in 2 years (if not you might lose your shirt).

From what is happening in the domain industry, i don't see any crazy fool who would gobble these lll.tv up at 15 or 20/piece + their premium pricing to a %.

•••
The only thing that makes me think this WAS a game changer is that valuable keywords were snapped up BUT people are still willing to keep names with large renewal - probably finding it too hard to throw out an "investment" and hoping for "pricing change".

The only thing that makes me think this WASN'T a game changer is that it wasn't... to everyone except those few who stumbled into great keynames or who were given a little insider knowledge.

What happened was names were released with some actual value. That is something new for .tv speculators.

The whole system seems skewed to me.

Who cares. People have been saying the same thing about other extensions for years. The people with the most knowledge/contacts etc tend to get the best names...shocking news.

•••
Not all premium owners got the list with the 18th deadline as I did not get it. It was I believed offered to some guys that had/have a lot of premium names or as a special offer to lure in famous .com domainers. This is not called the "Gold Rush" and from what I understand the deals were better on the 19th when it was opened to the public then it was on the 18th.

The premium domains were suppose to be released amongst many registers at the same time on the 19th at 9pm Central. As we know thousands of former premium domains were released for reg fee at 9pm. But there were hundreds if not thousands of former premium domains that were available for reg fee released a few hours earlier before anyone knew about it by name.com and dynadot.com (maybe others). There was no email that went out to anyone about this as far as I know and the way people found out about it was from this forum. Also, I believe the spout was closed after only a few hours once the registers found out that they opened up the faucet a bit early. Not sure how many people got in on the Gold Rush, but my guess is between 20 - 30 people who registered hundreds of names for reg fee including tech.tv, debt.tv and herb.tv

Hope this helps.

this is the correct version of events. It would have been a much more balanced release if Dynadot and Name did not mess up.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back