Dynadot

Little trick to Avoid "Domain Stolen from GoDaddy"

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DnSpy

Established Member
Impact
I've been seeing the news that Domains were stolen from godaddy and transferred to other chinese registrar or some other registrar.

This happens mostly for LLLL.com , NNNNN.com , short Char and numeric domains holder.

Godaddy has a policy that "Domain can't be transferred for 60 days if there was a change in Name or org"

Go to Godaddy and select the domains you want to change. Change the name by adding a or some letters. Then save it. again try to change back your old name. Now you cant transfer the domain from Godaddy for 60 days. Ofcourse the hackers also.

If domains are exchanged within Godaddy, it is comparably easy to bring the domains to your accoount by contacting staff . Joe styler is here on Namepros.

Cheers

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Too complicated.

Simple solution, transfer your precious domains out of Godaddy to Uniregistry and setup 2 step ID. Then start saving on renewals and enjoy life! :)

•••
Too complicated.

Simple solution, transfer your precious domains out of Godaddy to Uniregistry and setup 2 step ID. Then start saving on renewals and enjoy life! :)

Yeah You are right. But there are few Godaddy Lovers who likes to keep their portfolio on Godaddy. They get the domains from Godaddy auction and keep their domains there..

•••
Too complicated.

Godaddy has 2 step ID so what makes Uniregistry any different?

•••
Godaddy has 2 step ID so what makes Uniregistry any different?
Godaddy might let hackers bypass 2 step ID simply by calling them lol.... It's true and it happends!

Uniregistry will never give access to your account by phone in case you "loose" your phone..

•••
That solution is not quite a solution for the following reason:

- lots of administration every couple of months
- you cannot unlock to make a sale

I already suggested a solution that GD did not react yet. Just don't start process of transfer for 2 working days to allow the owner to react to changes.

•••
Godaddy might let hackers bypass 2 step ID simply by calling them lol.... It's true and it happends!

Uniregistry will never give access to your account by phone in case you "loose" your phone..
Actually Godaddy is a 3 step ID process for premium account holders. Your password, the text id, and also another pin code when the rep calls for transfer. So it's actually a 3 step process.

•••
Actually Godaddy is a 3 step ID process for premium account holders. Your password, the text id, and also another pin code when the rep calls for transfer. So it's actually a 3 step process.
I've paid for the premium protection on my LLL .com. I will try to transfer it out of godaddy soon. I will see what information they need over the phone to validate my request.

Most of the stolen domains were stolen from Godaddy accounts. It is a scary fact!

I like godaddy because everyone know who they are so it makes it easier to close a deal with an end-user when a domain is already registered there. Also, anyone in this industry has an account there.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back