NameSilo

discuss Listing prices

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

doofer

Top Member
Impact
The perceived wisdom of listing on multiple sites seems to be list BIN on one site & make offer on all others. Does anyone list BIN on more than one site, more to the point, does anyone list BIN on multiple sites but with different pricing ?

With differing amounts of commission varying by as much as 21%, would it be acceptable to list with varying BIN prices to take account of the variation in commission rates or best to list the same BIN on all sites to take into account the highest rate to keep pricing consistent across all marketplaces?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I have seen people post on here that they have multiple BIN's on sites and change their prices accordingly.....so it is being done

Hopefully they chime in and share some insights....

•••
Here is how I have priced in general .... Lets say I have domain which I feel I can sell for around thousand bucks... I generally price lowest at Dan with BIN / Make Offer (Say 995) ... A bit higher on sedo with BIN (997) and the highest in Afternic with BIN (999) ...

I learner this pricing strategy from someone ...quite new to domaining so cannot really say How successful it is .... Will wait and update ....

•••
Here is how I have priced in general .... Lets say I have domain which I feel I can sell for around thousand bucks... I generally price lowest at Dan with BIN / Make Offer (Say 995) ... A bit higher on sedo with BIN (997) and the highest in Afternic with BIN (999) ...

I learner this pricing strategy from someone ...quite new to domaining so cannot really say How successful it is .... Will wait and update ....

That's a common pricing strategy when listing on several marketplaces.

But if you like to compensate for the higher commissions on Sedo and Afternic, adding just a few dollars won't help. In your example, the best is to take the NET amount you will receive at DAN as the base amount, and play with prices elsewhere until they fully match that NET amount.

You may of course choose to deviate from this strategy, if you think you could achieve a higher turnover rate elsewhere (with lower pricing), or if you're not that eager to sell through a certain platform (with higher pricing).

Let not only a formula decide on your pricing. Think about how the amount will look to an end-user as well. And this is where the fun starts, really.

Last edited:
•••
Also you need to factor in PayPal, Wire Transfer or other payment fees if you are using different ones on different platforms......these can start to look quite different depending on the sales value....

•••
I don't care about commission rate as long as the name is sold.
Think simple.
The domain business is very simple I don't understand why people make it too complicate?
I do not care:
- Appraisal
- BB, BP, SH ... approved
- Past sales does not mean nothing to me
- DA, how many extensions it's taken - who care?

Last edited:
•••
I do not care:
- Appraisal
- BB, BP, SH ... approve
- Past sales does not mean nothing to me
- DA, how many extensions it's taken - who care?
John it will be great if you can share what you care for while selecting names?

•••
How many potential customers may be interested in your name. Example:
CaliforniaPlumbing: Small - Plumbing: Big
NFT..., Bitcoin..., Bitclout... = Small - Money : Big

We are off topic here and I don't want to hijack someone else thread.

•••
I only bin on lower level names...I learned the hard way that a trend can pop up fairly quickly and another domain investor or end user will snap up the underpriced name. More than once I've seen this happen. On the higher end names it is make offer only mostly. On names that I have priced at the top of the chart, I also include a 'make offer'. The 'make offer' will help gauge interest in that name. Once an offer on a non fixed price name comes in, I spend about 30 mins doing research to see if it is a trending name or not and to check recent sales and active sites...then I give my number to the potential buyer.

•••
One thing i've discovered, I listed a load of domains on Dan, make offer that were not on their landers but Epiks landers BIN & not a single view on any domain, not one ! Clearly not worth the bother of listing there unless they are on Dan landers !

Last edited:
•••
I change prices (and other listing features) all the time to see if it will affect the number of views. Inconclusive so far. Will know more by late summer.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back