IT.COM

Listed domains on Afternic don't show up on search

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Mr. Burnham

Established Member
Impact
I listed 15 domains some on namecheap, others in porkbun and directnic. From all of these only one shows as available/premium when searching on registrars other than godaddy.

Is this normal?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I listed 15 domains some on namecheap, others in porkbun and directnic. From all of these only one shows as available/premium when searching on registrars other than godaddy.

Is this normal?

To be showing on other registrars, the name has to be transfer eligible and outside of 60 day lock. So if it is a new acquisition, by definition, it won't show elsewhere. Even after 60 days, Afternic will send emails asking to authorize the fast transfer. And only after this, your name will show through the whole network of fast transfer partners.

•••
To be showing on other registrars, the name has to be transfer eligible and outside of 60 day lock. So if it is a new acquisition, by definition, it won't show elsewhere. Even after 60 days, Afternic will send emails asking to authorize the fast transfer. And only after this, your name will show through the whole network of fast transfer partners.
They are not new acquisitions. I had registered my directnic domains 6 months ago.

•••
They are not new acquisitions. I had registered my directnic domains 6 months ago.

Then you have to solve it with Namecheap and Afternic to see what happened to your authorization letters.

•••
It is normal if only 1 is premium,

•••
The obvious question is....You are pointing them to Afternic's servers?

•••
They are TLDs that are part of FT for Afternic Premium Network coverage?
And you have opted in after FT email?
If they were first listed on Afternic prior to 60 days even though now more than 60 you may need to delete and relist to trigger FT email, at least I do.
Hope it gets resolved.
Bob

•••
•••
Issue fixed on its own. It took more than 24 hours though.

What do I do once I get a sale? Does afternic sends some instructions on how to transfer the domain and prove that you indeed transferred it to get the payment?

•••
Issue fixed on its own. It took more than 24 hours though.

What do I do once I get a sale? Does afternic sends some instructions on how to transfer the domain and prove that you indeed transferred it to get the payment?

To my knowledge, They handle everything themselves, certainly on the Premium Network they do. You just wait for the payment. From memory it's the same with regular network. If anything is needed from you, they will simply ask you for it. Like unlocking and approving any transfer request.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back