.data
.kosher
.day
.deal
.wow
.free
.pay
.beauty

+ geo (cities, regions ... ) s.a.: .dubai, .helsinki, .budapest, .persiangulf etc

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
i expected to :vomit:

but most if not all, better than horses.sucks :xf.rolleyes:

That said, @wwwweb brings up valid points.

They cherry-pick best ones for themselves, and charge farce that “premium” renewal.Wont care unless they abolish corrupt “premium”fees

.Com for life

Last edited:
•••
Many of these are still years off, like .WEB.

Also, not the best time to be launching any of these.

Brad

•••
Many of these are still years off, like .WEB.

Also, not the best time to be launching any of these.

Brad

.web merits hearing scheduled to t.p. on Aug 3-7 2020 in Chicago and post-hearing probably in Sept 2020. Expected to go live by the end of 2021

•••
.web merits hearing scheduled to t.p. on Aug 3-7 2020 in Chicago and post-hearing probably in Sept 2020. Expected to go live by the end of 2021

So, almost (2) years in the best case, if there are no issues. I am not sure what the current status is but there were lawsuits and other objections as well.

It is also owned by Versign so it is not really clear how much they are going to actually promote it.
Some people think it was bought more to block others from having it, as a brand protection measure for COM and NET.

Brad

•••
the framework of the GTLD's does not limit price hikes
Although it should be pointed out that price hike uncertainties of no caps are also on .org, .biz, .info, virtually all country code, etc. It is not something that distinguishes new gTLDs from most other TLDs.

The four years of 7% increases then, supposedly two years fixed, then four more years of 7% increases, etc. on .com is the closest thing to certainty in any TLD rates. I am not clear the situation on .net, originally it was governed by an agreement like .com, is that still the case does anyone know?

I think uncertainty re price increases is the biggest single potential concern re domain investing in general. We have to hope there is enough competition to keep it in check. It is really unfortunate that the cap off .org was allowed to take place. I worry not so much about .org, although that is important, but rather that the no cap on a legacy TLD has been set to at some point be invoked on .net and .com.

I was under the impression that those TLDs, which would include all the new gTLDs, governed by ICANN do have to give 6 months notice to registrars of price changes. Is that not correct? It seems that several registries who did price changes this year did all give that 6 month notice, and I thought it was regulated.

Bob

•••
So, almost (2) years in the best case, if there are no issues. I am not sure what the current status is but there were lawsuits and other objections as well.

It is also owned by Versign so it is not really clear how much they are going to actually promote it.
Some people think it was bought more to block others from having it, as a brand protection measure for COM and NET.

Brad

There's a :sleep: baby (sister) company loaded w Web-App & IoT Sec-based tools waiting for the .web (y)

•••
Although it should be pointed out that price hike uncertainties of no caps are also on .org, .biz, .info, virtually all country code, etc. It is not something that distinguishes new gTLDs from most other TLDs.

The four years of 7% increases then, supposedly two years fixed, then four more years of 7% increases, etc. on .com is the closest thing to certainty in any TLD rates. I am not clear the situation on .net, originally it was governed by an agreement like .com, is that still the case does anyone know?

I think uncertainty re price increases is the biggest single potential concern re domain investing in general. We have to hope there is enough competition to keep it in check. It is really unfortunate that the cap off .org was allowed to take place. I worry not so much about .org, although that is important, but rather that the no cap on a legacy TLD has been set to at some point be invoked on .net and .com.

I was under the impression that those TLDs, which would include all the new gTLDs, governed by ICANN do have to give 6 months notice to registrars of price changes. Is that not correct? It seems that several registries who did price changes this year did all give that 6 month notice, and I thought it was regulated.

Bob
Yes, you are correct they have to give 6 months notice t the register, but not the registrant, and the register is under no obligation to contact the registrant.

The .com price hikes are coming based on the swamp not being drained, lobbying is still thriving, but if you own whatever.zyx, and you pay $10 a year to renew it, and they want to spike it up to $1,000 a year, there is no stops in place to limit this. It is very dangerous if you spend millions building a business on one of these extensions.

•••
6 months notice t the register, but not the registrant
Although I think most registrars pass the information along. Certainly I recall getting notices from NameSilo (actually got one today about 2 TLDs going up and one going down) about impending price increases, although not sure about other registrars now that you mention it. I think there should be a single place where all impending price changes, wholesale level, had to be posted so no surprises.

I think the 6 month rule, along with the requirement that up to 10 years of advance renewals at current rates be allowed, was meant to provide some level of protection. Of course if registrars do not pass that along, then the system breaks down. I may try to look at which registrars do pass it along.

Bob

•••
Although I think most registrars pass the information along. Certainly I recall getting notices from NameSilo (actually got one today about 2 TLDs going up and one going down) about impending price increases, although not sure about other registrars now that you mention it. I think there should be a single place where all impending price changes, wholesale level, had to be posted so no surprises.

I think the 6 month rule, along with the requirement that up to 10 years of advance renewals at current rates be allowed, was meant to provide some level of protection. Of course if registrars do not pass that along, then the system breaks down. I may try to look at which registrars do pass it along.

Bob
That is the thing, if there is a breakdown in communication from the register, and you miss the email, or it goes to spam box whatever, the system has failed you. Why write such rules into a one sided contract in the first place, like unlimited price hikes, what did they think would happen when they put this in the hands of greedy extension operators, or if it fell into the wrong hands, no safeguards for the registrants. I hear the 10 year out renewal rule, but do you want to build a business on such terms online. Probably not, and that is why some of the legacy extensions are so important.

You might get lucky, and hit it big on a gtld sale, but 9 times out of 10 those people just go buck wild, and put all those profits back into them, and lighting hitting twice just doesn't happen as often as you think. There are a lot of good domainers here who are good at buying gtld's, and pricing them right, but that is a skill that takes time to acquire, and a lot of research.

I know your a big believe in namebio, and their data, but a lot of GTLD sales, some of the bigger ones are not on there. The sad thing about them is most of them are still sitting on their parked, or dead pages.

•••
Alpnames was a perfect example of that, no forewarning on hikes. But they are done, and the only other hikes have ever gotten were from Uni, whom gave plenty of notice.

The possibility of future hikes have never really deterred me from purchases, though. You have to have faith that for the most part these people will be consistent, its part of building confidence.

•••
Alpnames was a perfect example of that, no forewarning on hikes. But they are done, and the only other hikes have ever gotten were from Uni, whom gave plenty of notice.

The possibility of future hikes have never really deterred me from purchases, though. You have to have faith that for the most part these people will be consistent, its part of building confidence.

Plenty of notice on rate hikes up to +3000% ngtlds? (minus .link)

Do you work for Uni? :ROFL:

•••
Pick your favorite keyword and put it in front of these words and add .com.

•••
Right on cue, email today from Namesilo on price increases on some new gTLDs. And we have less than a week, March 17th. What up with that??

They are advising to renew before then to help with mitigation, but the increases for me personally are negligible, as they were with Uni, as I have very few in the affected TLDs anyways. Now someone that owns tens or hundreds, different story, a couple bucks quickly adds up.

And, a price DECREASE too, for the .rodeo extension. This one's a biggie, from ~$23 to ~$6. Too bad .rodeo couldn't be a more useful extension.

•••
Where did you get this info from?

•••
Back in around 2008 when the talk about the New gTLDs first got started it took almost 6 years before they were finally released in 2014.

It might take 2 or 3 years for the new rounds to get all sorted out.

By the time that all the new rounds are done we might end up with around 2500 new extensions and from those probably around 10% which is 250 extensions might become viable enough to attract any attention and from those 250 extensions probably the top 10 or 20 could become popular enough to produce a noticeable competition for the older legacy extensions for mind share and market share. Although even the less popular New gTLDs are still going to have a few perfect domains each which although each extension by itself might not amount to much but together as a collection they will probably also be able to get a piece of the mind share and market share too.

We all have been collecting domains here, but some people have been collecting whole extensions, although like any other domainer they probably have to go through a learning curve too to learn what to collect.

Please note: I am not affiliated with any registrars, registries, or anyone else in the domain Industry, numbers mentioned are just an educated guess on my part.

IMO

Last edited:
•••
@oldtimer was looking at the calendar hanging in my kitchen today, noticed I had marked March 10th as "New gTLD day", and was like dam, missed Anniversary Numero Uno. Must have been busy buying toilet paper.

I declare today the 10th of March as the “New gTLD” day when we all came to agreement that domainers (and Registries) should pull up their sleeves and start using New gTLDs for their own websites. :)

•••
@oldtimer was looking at the calendar hanging in my kitchen today, noticed I had marked March 10th as "New gTLD day",

Well to be honest with everything that is going on right now I had forgotten about that, nevertheless belated happy New gTLD day to everyone. :)

•••
The latest Tweets from ICANN newGTLDs ... 6 years ago ... :bag:

Screen Shot 2020-03-15 at 01.43.07.png

•••
All These 70+ Are Fully Low-End Sounding... IMO..

.co works on Social Media..(FB,Twt,YT), For ECommerce as well...

and to a lower extent .me...

Rest Are Not-Recommended For Corp Usage...

Fully Avoid..

.COM>.NET>.CO>.ME...and that is is.

Everything Is Waste Of Cassh for me IMO..

•••
not too much in the list that has me super excited. But I'm always glad to see more extensions being launched. Keep them coming is my opinion.

•••
What is this list?
Some extensions were launched in the past few years, some will not be coming in 2020, etc.
Do some research before posting.

•••
What is this list?
Some extensions were launched in the past few years, some will not be coming in 2020, etc.
Do some research before posting.

Please correct any errors s.a. .charity. Thank you!

(Title > 2020+. Some of registrars are open for pre-reservation)

Regards

•••
.insurance
.zip
.diy
.broadway
.indians
.latino
.home
.ing
.you
.mov
.thai
.eat
.arab
.lifeinsurance
.islam
.fly
.dot
.hair
.halal
.shia
.moto
.here
.forum
.living
.skin
.ecom
.corp
.ads
.phd
.basketball
.baseball
.bom
.buy
.book
.box
.awesome
.rugby
.hotel
.secure
.search
.contact
.web
.safety
.music
.mobile
.food
.architect
.spa
.play
.mail
.gay
.med
.charity
.medical
.save
.now
.meme
.prof
.coupon
.phone
.kid
.kids
.ping
.tour
.hot
.new
.map
.sports
.catholic
.dad
.data
.kosher
.day
.deal
.wow
.free
.pay
.beauty

+ geo (cities, regions ... ) s.a.: .dubai, .helsinki, .budapest, .persiangulf etc

I love my money and I will not waste my money and time on these forthcoming new Gtlds.

•••
An ICANN discussion paper from June 2019 might give some indication of how many new extensions are on the horizon. It’s estimate of around 2,000 for the next round is likely to be based on enquiries they have received, or extrapolated from those enquiries.

https://www.icann.org/en/system/files/files/readiness-support-future-rounds-new-gtlds-07jun19-en.pdf

The paper also suggests that thereafter there will be annual rounds which will be much smaller. So since there will have been up to 8 years of pent-up demand for new strings since the last round, it’s possible we might later see annual rounds of up to 250. If demand holds up. Maybe.

(If you divide 2,000 by 8 you get 250. Hypothetical annual demand calculated as 250. [?] )

Though future demand might trail off as good "words" run out. Most of the best words are already launched IMO.

It’s only a discussion paper so things might change.

FWIW I think .web is the best of all the new GTLDs. IMO.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

icann_discuss.png

•••
2-3 million NAMES per .extension

- MORE if the renewal rate is low ( .icu )

- LESS if the renewal rate is high ( .net )

and just try to get good info :

total .com's reg'd ?

global population ?

corp. profitability ?

my mind or A.I. ?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back