.data
.kosher
.day
.deal
.wow
.free
.pay
.beauty

+ geo (cities, regions ... ) s.a.: .dubai, .helsinki, .budapest, .persiangulf etc

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It's beyond me they approved .zip and .mov. Nice opportunity to inject trojans and malware.

•••
It's beyond me they approved .zip and .mov. Nice opportunity to inject trojans and malware.

dot ING
... whatever is left of the dot ... finance, investment, credit, loan, etc. the ING Bank is in trouble.

•••
well someone somewhere gonna be making some money from them.. or else they'd not do it..
but it wont be domainers making money for sure! :)

•••
dot ING
... whatever is left of the dot ... finance, investment, credit, loan, etc. the ING Bank is in trouble.

I was under the impression that would be a brand TLD but yeah, if that's a regular/open ngTLD that's definitely an issue.

Might have to reconcider my bank of choice :)

Edit: or obtain all those domains you mentioned and make a load of money ;)

Last edited:
•••
I was under the impression that would be a brand TLD but yeah, if that's a regular/open ngTLD that's definitely an issue.

Might have to reconcider my bank usage :)

Made in Google (ICANNWiki)

•••
Made in Google (ICANNWiki)

Cheers for that. As it's Google, I'm pretty sure ING will be able to buy those domains being a TM holder for ING in the banking/finance sector. Probably won't be cheap though.

•••
Horrible, really the more are coming? Do we really need 20.000 new extensions by 2025?

•••
Cheers for that. As it's Google, I'm pretty sure ING will be able to buy those domains being a TM holder for ING in the banking/finance sector. Probably won't be cheap though.

probably by using RPM/DPML block service but must be trademarked word otherwise bulk reg. $

•••
Horrible, really the more are coming? Do we really need 20.000 new extensions by 2025?

That's a cash cow with an innovation cover story for a majority of ...

•••

100% agree. There are some nice hacks to be made though. Probably reserved or way overpriced premiums but... think about health.insurance... the .com sold for over 8M.

I'm not the biggest fan but there may be some opportunity.

•••
100% agree. There are some nice hacks to be made though. Probably reserved or way overpriced premiums but... think about health.insurance... the .com sold for over 8M.

I'm not the biggest fan but there may be some opportunity.

Top 60% T1, 1 word dictionary renewal $1000+ (f.e. health.insurance renewal can go for $10k).
The leftover T1-T2 1 word dictionary renewal +/- $900-$200.

•••
really, .dot?
dot.dot might be cool, but what else is it good for?

I wonder if .free will actually be free.

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
The vast majority of these are years away from release, are they not?
While many TLDs in variou stages of approval, I thought only a handful coming this year. Is that incorrect?
e.g. here is launch schedule https://tld-list.com/launch-schedule

Last edited:
•••
dit
really, .dot?
dot.dot might be cool, but what else is it good for?

I wonder if .free will actually be free.

dit.dot :bag:

•••
The vast majority of these are years away from release, are they not?
While many TLDs in variou stages of approval, I thought only a handful coming this year. Is that incorrect?
e.g. here is launch schedule https://tld-list.com/launch-schedule

2020-2021 (pre-reservation aka slingshot is open @ some registrars)

•••
What usually happens with launches they go thru all the top keyword searches, pull them aside, assign premiums.

They go thru all the sold lists, pull them aside, and add premiums.

The GTLD launches have just been slaughtered that rarely does anyone even care, companies are sick of paying out for DPML blocks. I think the space is healthy enough that if you want a certain keyword domain you can basically get something decent, and be online quick. .AI .IO .VC .GG really defining niches within their industries.

I know people get caught up in these GTLD's, unless you want to pay a premium, your likely not going to get anything good, if you step up into premiums, your just going to bleed for a few years, and finally drop them. It is extremely difficult to sell high premium domains, and the people that do, they already have that much into them a few years after, and after commissions just are happy to lighten the burden of the renwals.

Quality over quantity is the best way to keep your sanity, and be successful in this space. You will simply be selling your best names, to carry the burden of your lower level names that have a zilch chance of ever selling, until you bleed out. Look at that other forum GTLD LINK, all those people there a few years back, had such high hopes, wiped a good majority of them out, including the forum.

•••
•••
•••
What usually happens with launches they go thru all the top keyword searches, pull them aside, assign premiums.

They go thru all the sold lists, pull them aside, and add premiums.

Registries playing domainers, it's never healthy. It does and will bite them back. Some of the new tlds are pretty cool and could even go all the way up to replace net/info/biz if they played by clear and consistent rules. For example registration/renewal $10 for all domains and off we go, they would make millions per year on domainers registering and holding to all the premium keywords and short domains. Instead, they're green with envy that someone else would register "their" domain for $10 and sell it for $1000, so they rather have them all lying idle, which also means their tld doesn't get any recognition online, oops.

•••
Registries playing domainers, it's never healthy. It does and will bite them back. Some of the new tlds are pretty cool and could even go all the way up to replace net/info/biz if they played by clear and consistent rules. For example registration/renewal $10 for all domains and off we go, they would make millions per year on domainers registering and holding to all the premium keywords and short domains. Instead, they're green with envy that someone else would register "their" domain for $10 and sell it for $1000, so they rather have them all lying idle, which also means their tld doesn't get any recognition online, oops.

Many of ngtld registries are ex domainers-owned or powered (staff) by ex domainers.

•••
Many of ngtld registries are ex domainers-owned or powered (staff) by ex domainers.
And probably, being partially funded by their previous high-quality .com sales. Is there irony in that?

I agree with wwweb's assessment of selling best names in order to carry the rest of the portfolio, I experience it myself. Profits dry up quicker than you can imagine, if quality over quantity isn't observed, and adjustments made quickly rather than waiting.

At this point, any new extensions coming out in 2020 and beyond, we have to assume the algorithms have been somewhat perfected on the registries part, no point in fighting it or wasting too much time looking for what they may have missed. If you've got a few of the old good names, keep on looking for the right buyer. When I get an email from Name.com telling me that buying a .inc at $1700 regular price or whatever it was is an "investment opportunity", you know the new extensions have peaked.

•••
Ex Domainers will not let domainers profit from their extensions by allowing them to have premium keywords for general avail. I have seen this for so many years now, look at .homes, how bad they messed up their launch, they had to change their business model, and relaunch, they never really recovered. They should be coming up on some major drops in the next month based on their last sub $10 promo, and now ramp up back to full price around $30.

Donuts started off well in the first 2 years, then it was a free for all, the gaming, the warehousing, the loopholes. Godaddy had to delist some of Uniregistry's launches to protect their clients from massive price hikes. Even now the framework of the GTLD's does not limit price hikes, or notifications to domain holders of price hikes.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back