.data
.kosher
.day
.deal
.wow
.free
.pay
.beauty

+ geo (cities, regions ... ) s.a.: .dubai, .helsinki, .budapest, .persiangulf etc

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
2-3 million NAMES per .extension
Unlikely. Apart from a few discounters with large numbers of domain names, most of the new gTLDs are struggling.

- MORE if the renewal rate is low ( .icu )
A discounter that is based on low reg fee and high turnover. Most of those domain names will not be renewed.

- LESS if the renewal rate is high ( .net )
.NET has the advantage of a large number of brand protection registrations. As gTLD it has been in decline since 2009 but it has had discounting promotions to build registrations but most of these discounted registrations do not make it beyond the first renewal.

total .com's reg'd ?
The daily figures for .COM and .NET are posted by the registry here:
https://www.verisign.com/en_US/channel-resources/domain-registry-products/zone-file/index.xhtml

Regards...jmcc

•••
Ex Domainers will not let domainers profit from their extensions by allowing them to have premium keywords for general avail. I have seen this for so many years now, look at .homes, how bad they messed up their launch, they had to change their business model, and relaunch, they never really recovered. They should be coming up on some major drops in the next month based on their last sub $10 promo, and now ramp up back to full price around $30.

Donuts started off well in the first 2 years, then it was a free for all, the gaming, the warehousing, the loopholes. Godaddy had to delist some of Uniregistry's launches to protect their clients from massive price hikes. Even now the framework of the GTLD's does not limit price hikes, or notifications to domain holders of price hikes.
My last serious attempt registering new gtld's was a year ago with Dominion Domains and their extension .homes. Because I'm 10X the marketer the so called executives at Dominion ever will be, their arrogance:xf.rolleyes: thinking they know it all will cost them dearly. I offered to partner with them to help create a market for .homes domains, but they literally scoffed at my ideas. Ironically they know I've been one of the more successful businessmen and entrepreneurs in the "757" for the last 40+ years, but they didn't care.

At 72 years young I've been at the domain game for about 2 and 1/2 years now wasting the first year screwing around with mostly new gtld's. Frankly as a business guy I really liked the idea when I first learned about them, but I've sadly thrown in the towel.

You also mentioned Donuts, and while not as arrogant, they have some pretty serious issues too. I offered to partner with them with my 100 .golf domains of which I still have a few left, but they're a lost cause as well.

Now I'm back to a portfolio of about 1,000 .com domains that I feel safe and secure with. I'm still seeking a technical partner of sorts, but I'm getting by fine on my own.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back