NameSilo

Link pop, unique visitors & PPC calc

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
If I want to buy domain which will be park with PPC engine like Sedo, DomainSpa, etc....what factors that I have to consider for?

I know some of them, rythm domain name, tld, link popularity, etc and for link popularity how many links that domain name could be consider worth to buy? (let say at least 50 or ???)

How to do rough calculation for PPC revenue we could get per day for that kind of traffic?

I saw somewhere people said, several hunderd unique visitors a day and certain click a day, how do we check that info from, for a potential domain name that we would like to buy/snap?

Joe
:gn:
:snaphappy:

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
When I buy a traffic domain, the tld or domain itself has no factor to do with my descision unless its for typo reasons. Link pop has to do with everything. The bigger the numbers usually mean the better, just make sure its not a link farm. Domains with links doesnt always means they will generate traffic, it depends on the sites that are linking it. You will not earn very much off PPC. PPC income is usually in the cents.

•••
Thanks edu

But if you have 50 domain similar like that (good traffic), probably $XX a month?? Or more???

Let say if the domain name have 500 link and many link related to university/hardware/optic but the links comes from many part region of world. Does it quite good?

It looks like to catch that kind of good traffic domain, quite impossible using just software, I think better use Pool, Winnername or others? Is that true, especially for newbie like me.
Do you catch many of yours by yourself or using service like Pool, etc for good traffic domain?

•••
HI

Look for domains with at least 100 or more links, I go by inbound links shown by alexa.com, anything over 100 links I do more research on, Like find out what sites are linking to the domain etc.

Also check to see if it is in Google , Dmoz and Yahoo directories , If so this is a huge plus and can bring you much more traffic, not including the engine spiders coming back often to crawl your domain..

You should also do research on keywords for domains that pay the most.. example money, insurance, finance , etc

As they can pay from $0.20 to $2.00 per click so you only need a few clicks a day to get into profit.

Trying to snap a domain that is droping by your self is almost impossible unless you get very lucky,

Anything with some kind of traffic and value will have a snap on it with some company and in most cases by most back order companies like Pool.com and Namewinner.com etc

You also need to have 50 or more good traffic domains with at least 50+ visitors a day to make $xx per day, but you will make low $xxx from 50 good names,

Just re-invest some of the profits back into more domains..

Hope this helps some,

Thanks
Tom Dahne

Expired Domain Spy
http://www.expireddomainspy.com

•••
Originally posted by ezimedia
HI

Look for domains with at least 100 or more links, I go by inbound links shown by alexa.com, anything over 100 links I do more research on, Like find out what sites are linking to the domain etc.

Also check to see if it is in Google , Dmoz and Yahoo directories , If so this is a huge plus and can bring you much more traffic, not including the engine spiders coming back often to crawl your domain..

Thanks
Tom Dahne

Expired Domain Spy

what do you use to check Yahoo/dmoz/alexa?

i use three different LPC and they give different readings!! need some advice on this too!

•••
HI

I use the startname.com link pop for yahoo and dmoz from time to time, and I use my own custom program for Alexa and overture research,

Thanks
Tom Dahne

Expired Domain Spy

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back