IT.COM

information .LINK binge progress

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

ThatNameGuy

Top Member
Impact
Sorry to have to start another thread regarding .LINK, but i wasn't able to answer questions "if" there was a "link" of any kind in the text of the post/message I was responding to.

I was able to hand register slightly more than a thousand names with about 20 of them being "Premium" names that sold for $116 each, and one that I purchased for $478, the corresponding .com is valued at $8,800,000.

Since a host of individuals have confirmed that, ".LINK is no worse than .XYZ", I just knew .link was a good alternative to .com and a good rival for .xyz :xf.wink:

Curious anyone? Lets have some fun(y)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Rich, much to your chagrin, .horse is no worse than .link.

Have you heard about horses Rich? It's a multi-billion dollar industry, mon frere.

When end users find out about .horse, .link (and .com) is dead in the water. Time for another binge-buying spree Rich?
Rich, much to your chagrin, .horse is no worse than .link.

Have you heard about horses Rich? It's a multi-billion dollar industry, mon frere.

When end users find out about .horse, .link (and .com) is dead in the water. Time for another binge-buying spree Rich?
Tell me Doc....ever hear of a friend of mine Dr. Ron Dozoretz aka Dr D? Ron was founder of Value Options and former Chariman of Genomind.....unfortunately Ron's no longer with us, but he left a lasting impression on me, and it has zero to do with horses. Thanks Doc....i was wondering when you were going to show up:xf.wink:

•••
Was that your doctor at the psychiatric ward, Rich? LOL.

Richard, the only reason I'm visiting your endless threads of yet another new TLD you've "discovered" is to get a good laugh. Unfortunately, it's at your expense Mon Frere.

Ever hear of how a good laugh can make you live longer Rich? I believe MakeYouLiveLonger.horse is still available. Remember? .horse is no worse than .link.
Another Doctor friend Dr. Talreja wrote a paper titled, "Laughter is like a Mini Vacation"....so keep reading Doc, you might accidentally learn something:xf.wink:

•••
What do you mean? People love non-intuitive brands! They're super accessible and desirable.

We can all hash it out in the new user group which is definitely being created. When Rich says he's going to do something, he does it! No false starts here, just 100% pure follow-through.
Thanks Joe.....Nursing.link is being considered by one of our local medical schools, EVMS. You may recall i use to be in the medical billing business and the "users group" for Acsel was one of the keys to our success. Do you know how many nursing schools and nurses there are in the world?....how about just Canada? btw, are you aware how much DAN.com is asking for Nursing.xyz? I know you won't check it out, but it's pretty damn important if you're to play in my game:unsure:

•••
You did miss the point. You're here promoting .link names and arguing that you could make a .link site #1 in a relevant Google search if you throw enough money at it. Well anyone can do that with any domain name, and it has no bearing on the quality or desirability of the extension.

What is relevant is that no one is throwing that kind of money behind .link names, because they are an inferior choice. If you have that kind of money, you buy a .com, or maybe settle for a ccTLD.

What you're doing here, Rich, is gambling. There's no savvy involved, no matter how much you name-drop. Maybe you'll win the lottery like a few .xyz investors did, but even if you do you'll have all these dead weight two word names that cost two dollars precisely because that's all people are willing to pay for them.

I'm not down on .link or anything. As far as new extensions go, it's fine. I just think it's ridiculous to pump its tires to this degree and talk in circles about projects that will never get off the ground.
about .LINK; "they are an inferior choice".....that's your OPINION Joe, and you know what they say about opinions:xf.rolleyes: You and i both know, or should know, that Dollar.com leads to "Dollar Rent a Car", NOT an online Dollar store as i proposed.

Dollar.link could just as easily lead to the website for "Dollar Rent a Car" making them equal conduits to the same destination. To draw a comparison, my gas powered car can take me safely to the same destination as your electric car Joe.

Finally Joe, i'm not looking to sell you any of my domains, nor would i waste my time:xf.wink:

•••
It's a lot worse, who told you it's no worse than .com?
Why so sensitive MAD....that's just your opinion. Just ask 100 students which of these domains is worse:

TravelHere.link
or
TravelHere.com

FishHere.com
or
FishHere.link

DineHere.link
or
DineHere.com

EatHere.com
or
EatHere.link

SleepHere.link
or
SleepHere.com

Wait until they hear the world is running out of .com....no shit:xf.eek:

Even Joe and Brad admit there's really no difference :xf.wink: Face it MAD......LINK is starting to grow on you, else you wouldn't be hanging around.

•••
From the horses mouth......

"Google's John Mueller confirms bolding important text in a paragraph can help your site's SEO as it allows Google to understand the content better. "

Rich uses these "promotional" threads in more way than one it seems........

From the horses mouth......

"Google's John Mueller confirms bolding important text in a paragraph can help your site's SEO as it allows Google to understand the content better. "

Rich uses these "promotional" threads in more way than one it seems........
Thanks for chiming in Nick....do you guys remember reading this:

Link in Bio

Perhaps the most significant opportunity for .link is to take advantage of the market for “link in bio” services. Users of many social media platforms use these services to link out to their online destinations: other social media pages, websites, etc.

It’s a big market. LinkTree, just one of many large competitors in the space, has 27 million users.

TechCrunch in an article about LinkTree’s latest funding round (valuing it at $1.3 billion), “Who would’ve thought that an entire swath of startups would spring up all because Instagram, TikTok and Twitter only let you link to one website in your bio?”

Users of these services end up with a subdomain or, worse, a subdirectory on the main domain of these services.

.Link would like to partner with link in bio services to let them offer second level .link domains instead. It also sees opportunity with link shorteners.

With .link sold exclusively through registrars, this could create an opportunity for the company’s registrars.

.Link also wants registrars to rethink the typical onboarding of customers. Today, the typical flow is that someone registers a domain to create a website. This involves a lot of work, even though website-building platforms have made it much easier in recent years. There’s a reason people decide to just create a Facebook page instead of a website.

What if registrars helped customers establish a simple web presence with a link in bio page?

“I think link in bio is going to be even bigger than websites as a whole, as a category,” Belousov said. “People thought everybody would have a blog. But instead, everybody has a Twitter account, right? Why? Because it’s way easier. And it’s kind of like a micro-level version of a blog. So the link in bio thing is, in my opinion, the same thing to websites as a Twitter account is to blogs.”

Liley pointed out that a link in bio account is a low-friction entry point for new customers. Registrars that onboard customers with a service like this could then upsell other products and services.

“In a nutshell, we would like to see .link become the de facto standard in anything link-related,” Liley said. “So that could be link in bio. It can be link shorteners and branded links.”

The company does not plan to offer competing services to link in bio and shorteners but instead to supply them with .link domains through registrars.

•••
•••
The first one though? Why
Good question....i'm not sure why? However, after seeing Brand Bucket's Friday 4Sale email asking $180,000 for metaverge.com, i just registered;

metaverge.link ($2.19)
metamerge.link ($2.19)
metashare.link ($2.19)

That's because .LINK is no worse than .com:xf.wink:

•••
What do you mean? People love non-intuitive brands! They're super accessible and desirable.

We can all hash it out in the new user group which is definitely being created. When Rich says he's going to do something, he does it! No false starts here, just 100% pure follow-through.
Joe....you're spot on:xf.wink: While awaiting financing our "users group" is already underway. We have a "staffing organization" and a "healthcare group" as part of our team. With names like Nursing.xxxx and GreenJobs.xxxx, you may want to indulge yourself to see how much Buckley Media is asking for GreenJobs.com and then get back to me......think Risk vs. Reward Joe:unsure:

In keeping with the topic of this thread I just hand registered Sharktooth™.link to compliment Sharktooth®.club. Any idea why I might do this Joe? Do you have any shark teeth in Canada🦈

•••
Premium dot Link is very good for web marketing. Like potentially huge. Could make it's money back in one day.

The names this guy suggested INSTEAD, including the names he thought off after drinking wine in church, aren't worth the $2 he spent on them.
Beezy....thanks for chiming in......ever hear of "Third Times the Charm"? Maybe it was a little too much wine in church afterall. Thanks too for your comment;

" Premium dot Link is very good for web marketing. Like potentially huge. Could make it's money back in one day."

One of my BIGGER GOALS is to make .LINK as famous as .XYZ......and i feel we're just getting started:unsure:

•••
So I'm sure you're aware of the amount of money that's being invested into this developing treatment. It's a bit of a moon shot for me (and honestly, probably even a bit of a miss from a commercial use standpoint), but the price is a reflection of my own patience as much as it is of potential value.

All domain extensions are "viable alternatives" to .com. But that's not a reason to pay more than reg fee for them.
Joe....your arguments are getting weaker and weaker. How is an end user going to buy the best viable alternative at reg fee if I own it? Take Nursing.link for example whereby Nursing.com has at best a so so website behind it and it's NOT for sale. Nursing.link is one of several viable alternatives that are already registered, however none are available at "reg fee". Now i suppose an "end user" could purchase Nursing.xyz for $149,888 at DAN, then again the same "end user" could probably negotiate a little better deal with me for Nursing.link. After all Joe, you've already agreed that .LINK is no worse than .XYZ.

Again, you've failed to comment about "Link in Bio".......suggest you check out my friends at WOW.link and let me know what you think. Seriously, anyone else following this thread should check out WOW.link if you want to get a feel for what the future holds for .LINK.

•••
Would be a perfect platform for you to sell your premiums from.
MAD.....you're spot on however I already own PremiumDomains.link which is no worse than Premium.link. It's a case similar to the attention grabber, ".LINK is no worse than .XYZ"

Followers and critics may want to check out the ntldstats(.)com link/site where you'll find DUM (domains under mangagement) at the .LINK registry is experiencing steady growth that's encouraging to me.

Finally.....thanks MAD, you're encouraging as well(y)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back