Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

equity78

Top Member
TheDomains Staff
TLDInvestors.com
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
These are fine as pointed wallet addresses, sort of like PayPal.me/deposit. It’s just another way to move funds around with less confusion.

To say these are domains in a traditional sense isn’t accurate.

•••
There are a few projects out there in the wild. ENS.domains seems the one most compatible with the current DNS - their .ETH is blocked by ISO-3166-2 from being delegated in the ICANN root; This is the sober driver project in all of them, IMHO

Unstoppable Domains' .CRYPTO and .ZIL need too many helper applications and are not resilient to being applied for in a future new TLD round. This looks like FOMO to me but maybe I am missing something.

A hybrid (sober/FOMO) Handshake.org is delegating TLDs and selling them for nickels, but it requires special resolver like Unstoppable names. That said, there's more under the hood and a fairly strong community there. They made an attempt at blocking colliding ICANN TLDs, but were not really sophisticated about how to do it correctly in order to defer any of their strings from being in conflict with ICANN TLDs, so we'll see how it plays out but it is interesting to spend a little money and get a TLD, even if it won't work as well as ICANN ones. You can check out the auctions at namebase.io - but also look at this: https://github.com/handshake-org/hs-names/issues/6

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back