IT.COM

information LIBRA KILLER! Saga (SGA) launched today.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

WhoaDomain.com

WhoaDomain.comTop Member
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
•••
Let's see where it goes....

•••
Let's see where it goes....

Let's just say. This particular crypto gave me the same feeling as Ripple did back when I bought it at .004 cents.

It has pretty good coverage right off the bat on CNBC and others. So their marketing team is doing a good job.

go check out their sales pitch and what the articles say.

"
The company on Tuesday launched its saga (SGA) token, a virtual currency tied to a basket of currencies in order to maintain a stable value. That’s not too dissimilar to Facebook’s libra, which was met with a barrage of regulatory opposition moments after being announced. But one key thing that sets it apart from that project is what Saga bases the currency’s value on.

Rather than creating a new asset basket like libra’s, Saga is pegging its token’s value to bank deposits in the same group of currencies that form the International Monetary Fund’s special drawing rights (SDR) — these are international reserve assets held by central banks to supplement their official reserves. The basket is heavily weighted in dollars, as well as the euro, Chinese yuan, Japanese yen and British pound.

Another distinction with libra is the fact that Saga won’t be profiting from it. It’s only acting as an issuer of the token, rather than building its own digital wallet for users to store and exchange it like Facebook is doing with Calibra. The SGA tokens will initially be available to purchase on Saga’s website and is being listed on the cryptocurrency exchange Liquid.

“Unlike other players, we don’t want to be the issuer and the payments layer and the custodian,” Saga founder Ido Sadeh Man told CNBC in an interview. “We’re focusing on the monetary part of it, on the issuance of a sound currency for global use, and we will increasingly liaise with partnerships in the realms of custodianship and of payments.”

Like libra, SGA features the characteristics of a so-called stablecoin, which seeks to avoid the volatility of cryptocurrencies like bitcoin. Saga says it can stabilize the value of SGA with smart contracts — self-executing contracts on the blockchain that are used to adjust the money supply in order to meet demand.

As for how it will be used, Sadeh Man said the objective is for SGA to serve as a “complementary currency for cross-border payments.” He gave the example of British consumers wanting to use it to pay for things on Amazon if the pound fluctuates in reaction to Brexit-related news. “This is where we see saga fitting in as a global currency.”

it's basically like Libra but instead of being owned by Facebook or one owned by Ripple they have a custodial company holding all their tokens and only release when there is demand.

plus There is only 8 billion tokens compared to Ripple's 100 billion.

I'll probably buy some when they come out.

The website is Saga.org sticker symbol will be SGA

Do not get them mixed up with Sagacoin.net. Sticker symbol SAGA

Last edited:
•••
It look like they studied the obstacles and challenges that Facebook had to contend with and they took a different route to have a smoother transition into making this work. They also will not seek the U.S. market at this time due to regulatory laws..

•••
It look like they studied the obstacles and challenges that Facebook had to contend with and they took a different route to have a smoother transition into making this work. They also will not seek the U.S. market at this time due to regulatory laws..

Yup read that. Slow and steady .

But with all the potential money to be made in something like this regulatory mumbo jumbo can easily be overcome with a nice stack of cash.

It's smart not to dive in headfirst into USA regulation. That will just eat you up before you even got a chance to start

•••
They're just cheating the marketing.

•••
They're just cheating the marketing.

yes True. Paid press. Press Release packages are cheap enough.

I don't know. This one makes my spidey sense tingle like the one I got with Ripple and that was the best investment ever.

•••
Oh no, not another one, we saw what happened to the Liibra thread :xf.smile: You are now going to see 100's of saga/sga names registered and money wasted

•••
Here is the thing Facebook has users, it has a marketplace, it sells ads etc... it has an existing organic user base that could start using their Libra coin in their existing eco system right away.

The fact you have friends, and personal connections, if you need to send money to someone quickly it could be done, same with raising funds for charitable causes etc.

The fly by night token thing has been beat to death, it is going to take a major us tech company to break the ice with crypto mainstream.

•••
Oh no, not another one, we saw what happened to the Liibra thread :xf.smile: You are now going to see 100's of saga/sga names registered and money wasted

I've seen it already in the whois.

Although compared to Libra as a brand, Saga is pretty good a keyword and brand as is. I see a bunch of Saga domains registered for over 10 years. I assume they are being used.

worst case scenario. reg something that can go either way. either for Saga Token or Saga whatever.

•••
Here is the thing Facebook has users, it has a marketplace, it sells ads etc... it has an existing organic user base that could start using their Libra coin in their existing eco system right away.

The fact you have friends, and personal connections, if you need to send money to someone quickly it could be done, same with raising funds for charitable causes etc.

The fly by night token thing has been beat to death, it is going to take a major us tech company to break the ice with crypto mainstream.

Agreed.

just thought it was interesting.

Facebook is not really winning any admirers with all the Cambridge Analytica stuff.

That just might be enough to give these guys a shot at the "title".

•••
I guess you missed that a Libra hand reg just sold.

•••
•••
Let all the SGA or SAGA domains be registered....

•••
Back