NameSilo

LEGAL? Typo traffic to page with Google AdSense for search

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Is it "legal" under Google Terms & Conditions to have domain typo traffic redirect to a page that incorporates just the google adsense for search box. User then types in a query and the search results then incorporate google adsense results.
This would be using standard google adsense for search javascript code.

Thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Are we talking a trademark or generic typo here?

•••
Both scenarios would be great to understand - so trademark typo, generic typo and I guess generic trademark typo as well. As an example the word "about" is generic and no doubt is a TradeMark as well and is used a search engine.

Example 1:
abouy.com
abour.com
wwwabout.com
Legal or Illegal?

Example 2:
goldfisj.com
goldfisg.com
wwwgoldfish.com
Legal or Illegal?

Example 3:
trer.com
trew.com
wwwtree.com
Legal or Illegal?

Legal or Illegal in the context of directing natural typo traffic to a web page containing the google search box.

I have read through the Google T&Cs and am unable to determine the answer myself. It looks "illegal" to call the search with a predefined query for sure.

Any experiences and thoughts are greatly appreciated. After all some of the parking services provide a generic search page and if it is possible to host a similar service yourself then you get to keep all the money rather than give a percentage to the parking provider.

Thanks

•••
I'd say the answer is "no":

Web pages displaying our ads, search box, search results, or referral buttons may not be loaded by any software that can trigger pop-ups, redirect users to unwanted websites, modify browser settings, or otherwise interfere with site navigation

The redirect ("software") is taking them to an "unwanted website" which is displaying only the search box.

These may also apply, if there's nothing on the page but the search box:

No Google ad may be placed on any non-content-based pages.
No Google ad may be placed on pages published specifically for the purpose of showing ads, whether or not the page content is relevant.

If they're manipulating the resulting search page or auto-filling the search box, that's definitely not allowed.

AdSense participants are not allowed to alter any portion of the ad code or change the layout, behavior, targeting, or delivery of ads for any reason.

When in doubt, ask Adsense support .

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back