Dynadot

Legal HELP NEEDED

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I move this post here :
Hello Everone.
Everyones help is really appreciatable please read carefully and if you have any suggestion let me know Thanks.
If you know a bug in a big companies server wat would u do ?
and your are not planing to give this information for free Wat would u do ?
I don't know where to start; talk to wat kind of lawyers ? how to negotiate the price and how to make it happen ?
if you have any idea plz share thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
hahahah is this a joke? if its not its got me cracking up. You know of a security problem of a well known company and you want to hide it from them for money? Im sorry but I think this is obsurd.

•••
No,
I think what he is saying is this:
He know of a security flaw, in a big company. He could tell them for free, but its a big company so its only fair that he gets paid something for letting them know about it.

•••
i would tell them anyway. if they give u anything, good for them. then again, thats just how i am...

•••
Yeah you should be paid for telling them about it if it's a big company :) If they don't give you any reward it just goes to show how ungrateful and cheap they are :D

•••
I think they could turn it on you and claim you are blackmailing them.

I dont think any good can come of this.

•••
well they may know the bug they have and have people working on it.

Id just give them the infomation. They wont pay as it might be absolute rubbish becuase thier not to know.

•••
just tell them, if they give you nothing, nothing really lost, i dont think just because they got money you should charge them, just email them and tell them for free (unless its microsoft, i hate them, expose it to some MS haters)

•••
If you had a server with a bug in it, how would you want somebody to approach you??

•••
Wow, I'm in the same postiting as onlinefinder is...

•••
Oooh, update, contacted the webmaster and recieved unlimited membership of the website!

•••
Zeeble said:
No,
I think what he is saying is this:
He know of a security flaw, in a big company. He could tell them for free, but its a big company so its only fair that he gets paid something for letting them know about it.

Wow I can't believe you posted that...big company or small he needs to just tell them and let them decide if they think he deserves something or not. Trying to get over on somebody or company like that is bad business...not too mention morally wrong. There is a simple rule in life that everyone should follow "Do onto others as you would want them to do onto you" D-:

•••
I wouldn't get involved. What if the company's lawyers pose the blame on you? Would you like to get in legal entanglement with this corporation? I think the risk is too great.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back