Domain Empire

opinion legacyofdying .com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Reddstagg

The-Billionaire.comTop Member
Impact
The Legacy of Domain Names vs Domain Name Legacy

Just a thought, but what would happen if you died tomorrow but had left a rather large portfolio of domain names?

Would anyone in your family, or indeed your friends know about this investment and is it something that you have specified in your will, assuming that you have one?

It can be a significant asset when all is said and done and now is the time to make sure that your affairs are in order.

Maybe someone with more experience of life, or domain investing in general can explain what would happen to a domain portfolio at a Registrar after someone's death.

Secondly, does anyone know of any legacy applications that store or process digital identities and all of the associated passwords for accounts that the Next of Kin may not know about?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
If you have a valuable portfolio it is something to think about.

While it is morbid, generally what happens is the domain portfolio that you spent years building is allowed to expire and the revenue goes to the registrars/registries who auction or sell them instead of your loved ones.

I made some family/friends aware of important points of contact, as well as leaving passwords and other information in safe deposit box at the bank.

I have also incorporated my family into my business over the last several years to help prevent this kind of thing.

Brad

•••
Let your family know what you hold.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back