Dynadot

domain LastMinute(DOT)Deals

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.
Impact
I bought LastMinute(Dot)Deals domain name in 2015 when the .DEALS domains are introduced. I know it's a keyword domain.

However, the domain name's renewal price is quite high and it costs $880/yr to renew and already spent $1760 for the domain for 2015 and 2016.

If I am going to sell this domain name at a good price before the next renewal what price range will be the most suitable for a potential buyer to sell at?

Thanks in advance.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
??? You're bumping another posters post...and only an hour after they posted it to begin with???

Oops. I thought I was on my post. ROOKIE MOVE.

•••
@dumindu89 - have you had any inquiries or offers on LastMinute(dot)deals? What kind of end user did you have in mind when you registered it? Are you actively marketing it or waiting for inbound?

You have good keywords, however the deals extension is not very strong - https://ntldstats.com/tld/deals

•••
LastMinute.deals: A 10 letter gTLD domain name consisting of two English dictionary words (adjective/noun combination). Unbrandable, but easy to remember, it's not as valuable as LastDeals.com, but has a strong meaning to a business website. It also has a huge SEO potential as a keyword match yields almost 6M results. Value estimate: between $250 ~ $1200.

Last edited:
•••
@dumindu89 - have you had any inquiries or offers on LastMinute(dot)deals? What kind of end user did you have in mind when you registered it? Are you actively marketing it or waiting for inbound?

You have good keywords, however the deals extension is not very strong - https://ntldstats.com/tld/deals
I was waiting for inbound and I didn't receive any offer so far.
I am not actively marketing the domain, However, I am going to promote the domain ASAP.
I was thinking to sell it to a last minute travel deals business.

Last edited:
•••
My inclination is take anything you can get to recover what you have spent, maybe even if it is at a loss, cut your losses and move on. I would not renew at expiration. The renewal price tag is just out of my comfort zone for the potential return.

With about 5 months left, if you want to do some concentrated outbound for similar COMs or maybe a bigger sales platform would use it as a redirect. The issue I see is not sure how even a bigger company would use this versus their own xxxx.com/lastminutedeals or shorter /deals

The challenge IMO is the yearly renewal, one-time purchase is one thing, $900 yearly renew is rather daunting.

OK there are 2900ish COMs starting with lastminute that are "Not Likely" parked, get a free account here http://www.zfbot.com and start researching for possible end users. Plus you are not limited to matching, this does have a generic-ness that opens up more potential end users.

You do have a bit of time, the sooner the better, you might get lucky with outreach, yet I would likely take the best offer you can generate in the next month or so just so you're not pushing your luck at deadline and end up facing another renewal or have to drop.

And I have personally dilly dallied too long to do outbound and ended up dropping at a loss so at least you have little time to work with.

Good luck : smile :

•••
I was waiting for inbound and I didn't receive any offer so far.
I am not actively marketing the domain, However, I am going to promote the domain ASAP.
I was thinking to sell it to a last minute travel deals business.

A word of caution about some of the advice you receive on this website (including mine). Take everything you read with a grain of salt, but always use your common sense first. Who stands to profit if you drop or give your DN away for almost nothing? In any case, don't ever sell a domain name in the same place you get an appraisal.

True domain name appraisers do not volunteer their time on forums to give free appraisals, and even if they did, their opinions are NOT to be trusted 100%, so use your common sense.

The questions one basically has to ask are: how relevant is the DN to the target industry? How 'brandable' is it for the business or service in mind? How short or easy to remember (1xyz.com is more valuable than y1xz.com)? Was this a recently dropped DN which the search engines ranked high? etc, etc.

With that in mind, LastMinute.deals is more valuable than Minute.deals but not as much as Last.deals. It certainly is much much more than LastMoment.deals ($23). So, your DN is worth something to a domain expert, a dealer and especially to an SEO expert, but not so much to people who do this as a hobby.

I gave you the highest appraisal or estimate for a reason. If you want to know the "reason", PM me.

Best regards,

•••
LastMinute.deals: A 10 letter gTLD domain name consisting of two English dictionary words (adjective/noun combination). Unbrandable, but easy to remember, it's not as valuable as LastDeals.com, but has a strong meaning to a business website. It also has a huge SEO potential as a keyword match yields almost 6M results. Value estimate: between $250 ~ $1200.

A word of caution about some of the advice you receive on this website (including mine). Take everything you read with a grain of salt, but always use your common sense first. Who stands to profit if you drop or give your DN away for almost nothing? In any case, don't ever sell a domain name in the same place you get an appraisal.

True domain name appraisers do not volunteer their time on forums to give free appraisals, and even if they did, their opinions are NOT to be trusted 100%, so use your common sense.

The questions one basically has to ask are: how relevant is the DN to the target industry? How 'brandable' is it for the business or service in mind? How short or easy to remember (1xyz.com is more valuable than y1xz.com)? Was this a recently dropped DN which the search engines ranked high? etc, etc.

With that in mind, LastMinute.deals is more valuable than Minute.deals but not as much as Last.deals. It certainly is much much more than LastMoment.deals ($23). So, your DN is worth something to a domain expert, a dealer and especially to an SEO expert, but not so much to people who do this as a hobby.

I gave you the highest appraisal or estimate for a reason. If you want to know the "reason", PM me.

Best regards,

Your "highest appraisal" of $1200 does not even cover what @dumindu89 has already invested - already spent $1760 for the domain for 2015 and 2016

My opinion at least holds the potential for profit and the resources to make it happen : grin :

•••

Best regards,
Sorry. I don't care any appraisals from the members who recently joined with the forum and I don't see any reason to PM you.

Last edited:
•••
Your "highest appraisal" of $1200 does not even cover what @dumindu89 has already invested - already spent $1760 for the domain for 2015 and 2016

My opinion at least holds the potential for profit and the resources to make it happen : grin :

Thanks for clearing that up. I initially estimated the domain for as much $2400, then I was negatively influenced by your post which made me second guess and downgrade the domain to half that. The potential is surely there. I am glad we are on the same page!

•••
Sorry. I don't care any appraisals from the members who recently joined with the forum and I don't see any reason to PM you.

And you may well be the wiser as you are in your right to ignore me. However, you initially paid $880 and have held the DN for 2 long years. Well, we don't consider how long you hold a DN unless there was a website with good SE specs behind it. You'll be hard pressed to find someone willing to pay you more than the $2400 (or even $1,200) to transfer that DN.

Good luck.

Last edited:
•••
That's the entire business of the new GTLDs. If you can glue together a decent domain "hack" they kill it with high reg fee, and to make if worse, they keep high "premium" renewal. So there is no space for domainers / resellers, the new GTLD owners want to keep all the profit. It'll be hard for you to get even. Good luck.

•••
You may be mistaken in your thinking there.
Not every new member is a n00b. ;)

Peace,
Cyberian

•••
You need a plan to get out of this name in a hurry. You are already in for an amount greater than a lucky likely offer. You are in your third numerical year owning this and can easily do three more without a bite. Premium renewals kill.

Try to avoid the staring a LM.D and seeing LastMiniteDeals.com

Good Luck

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back