Dynadot

news LAPD shoots homeless man during a struggle 5 or 6 times (Thoughts?)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I came across a video today that was recently released from an event that is becoming very controversial. The feelings of disbelief are so strong that I shared it on FaceBook and now sharing it here to see what others think.
Wow..... LAPD kills homeless man with 5 or 6 shots while he's on the ground being held by other officers. There was a struggle, but shooting the man once, let alone 5 or 6 times (killing him) was very excessive and uncalled for. it's these types of clips that blow my mind and have me questioning the ones that are paid to serve and protect us sometimes. One shot may be an accidental discharge, but 5 or 6? really?
Watch the video: https://www.facebook.com/eric.lyon.399/posts/10155158125895276?pnref=story
KTLA5 reports: Officers were dispatched to the area of East Sixth Street and South San Pedro Street (map) about 11:36 a.m. after a report of an altercation between two people, said Officer Jack Richter, spokesman for the Los Angeles Police Department.

After the officers arrived a struggle ensued, during which police tazed a man, the LAPD said. The man was then shot by police, the department said. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
What are your thoughts? Could it of been handled differently?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Again, considering how many police there are in this country, the incidences of an officer actually using his gun is quite low.
Look at FBI stats, police department stats.
And hey, good cop story is not news!
Bad or possibly bad cop story is great news!
I have known many cops over my lifetime, a lot of them family or friends.
Stories they tell would make any smart man think twice about becoming a cop.
And look at how many cops are killed each year by bozos.

•••
My apologizes to anyone I offended, my family and neighbors personal experiences with the police are not good at all. I'm sure there are good cops, but unfortunately I've gone from believing that cops were hero's, to finding out how violent, rude, accusing, and harassing they can be.

Last edited:
•••
My apologizes to anyone I offended, my family and neighbors personal experiences with the police are not good at all. I'm sure there are good cops, but unfortunately I've gone from believing that cops were hero's, to finding out how violent, rude, accusing, and harassing they can be.

I am sorry to hear about your bad experiences.

•••
When the worse to EVER happen to ANY law enforcement personnel FBI, police etc is internal investigation which 99% of time favors the officer etc. The very worse is they lose there job for taking a life. Nice system.

•••
•••
Well maybe not precise. 179 fatal shootings by NYPD while on duty in 15 years. 3 cases led to indictment and just one conviction. Dec 8 2014, ny daily news. So you do the math. Mine is not that great.

I will leave it at that. I am too passionate and very opinionated on issues that are political and social. I just want to learn about domains. I wish everyone the best and a happy prosperous and long life.

Last edited:
•••
The NM incident exposed a very corrupt police dept - one of the cops who fired at they guy announced before he got there he was going to kill the homeless man

and here is the video of the walmart shooting, basically someone lied to 911 and got a guy killed for walking around with a pellet gun (still in package) at Walmart

Wow. The guy stood in the same spot and got killed because of a lie. He never had a chance.

•••
I love it when someone does something stupid, gets themselves shot by the police and then activists with nothing better to do rally behind the idiot.

•••
Police don't keep stats on the number of people shot by law enforcement each year.

The FBI only keeps stats on the number of "Justifiable Homicides" of "Felons" (and that number has been proven to be under counted, by hundreds, by recent citizen audits... which is still ongoing, and is now comparing it to other industrial nations).

By comparison:

Canada: 12 shot dead by cops each year.
Netherlands: Three dead 15 injured... in the last 35 years.
Germany: (80 million people) 6 fatal police shootings.
Denmark: police shot 11 people in 11 years
Australia: 41 people shot by police over eight years
Iceland: 1 fatal police shooting... in the entire history of the country.

Bottom line:
The "justifiable homicides" of felons alone (410 in 2012), by US cops, are more like the total murder count for other advanced societies combined, much less police killings.

Clearly its much safer to be policed by your own, than by Police Departments rife with racism, like Ferguson.

Again, considering how many police there are in this country, the incidences of an officer actually using his gun is quite low.
Look at FBI stats, police department stats.
And hey, good cop story is not news!
Bad or possibly bad cop story is great news!
I have known many cops over my lifetime, a lot of them family or friends.
Stories they tell would make any smart man think twice about becoming a cop.
And look at how many cops are killed each year by bozos.

•••

http://thefreethoughtproject.com/

Speaks for itself

•••
And also there were two cops just sitting in their car when they were shot and killed at point blank range...
Karma is a bitch

•••
" Civilians—innocent or guilty—are far more likely to be shot by police in America than in any other rich country. In 2012, according to data compiled by the FBI, 410 Americans were “justifiably” killed by police—409 with guns. That figure may well be an underestimate. Not only is it limited to the number of people who were shot while committing a crime, but also, amazingly, reporting the data is voluntary.

Last year, in total, British police officers actually fired their weapons three times. The number of people fatally shot was zero. In 2012 the figure was just one. Even after adjusting for the smaller size of Britain’s population, British citizens are around 100 times less likely to be shot by a police officer than Americans. Between 2010 and 2014 the police force of one small American city, Albuquerque in New Mexico, shot and killed 23 civilians; seven times more than the number of Brits killed by all of England and Wales’s 43 forces during the same period. "

The Economist

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/mar/04/police-killed-people-fbi-data-justifiable-homicides

This is an interesting comparison between Canada and US
http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/compare/Canada/United-States/Crime

"Though the U.S. government does not have a database collecting information about the total number of police involved shootings each year, it’s estimated that between 500 and 1,000 Americans are killed by police officers each year. Since 9/11, about 5,000 Americans have been killed by U.S. police officers, which is almost equivalent to the number of U.S. soldiers who have been killed in the line of duty in Iraq."
http://www.mintpressnews.com/us-police-murdered-5000-innocent-civilians-since-911/172029/

http://static.businessinsider.com/image/53f627b469bedd2015f34f7a/image.jpg

http://www.globalresearch.ca/u-s-co...he-rate-of-other-capitalist-countries/5423183

•••
the one consistency, in majority of these incidents is that the police say "they feared for their lives"

when in fact, they are the aggressors with the guns.

the other consistency is, most victims are either poor, disenfranchised or minorities or all of above.

still, we need the man to protect us from ourselves

:)

•••
•••
•••
I am in a process of inventing a sensor that will be attached to a Police Gun so that:
- White Cop can't pull the trigger on Black subject
- Black Cop can't pull the trigger on White subject

Other versions are in the work.

The suggested retail price is $199

•••
Though I can understand a bit of both sides of this story, my opinion is that it's the "full of BS" Main Stream Media who are the main culprits by constantly adding fuel to the fire by virtually only focusing on the negative side of the cops, when in fact so many of them do so many good deeds. Here are just a few of them:

•••
Though I can understand a bit of both sides of this story, my opinion is that it's the "full of BS" Main Stream Media who are the main culprits by constantly adding fuel to the fire by virtually only focusing on the negative side of the cops, when in fact so many of them do so many good deeds. Here are just a few of them:

Here's a site with many more acts of kindness. Have a look

http://www.copblock.org/

•••
•••
News outlets reporting positive pro-enlightenment news are greatly needed as the shift of power continues to decentralize from the globalists.

The mainstream media is essentially a branch of the bankster military-industrial-complex. Most stories clearly push an agenda to polarize the people and this topic is a main talking point for now.

•••
Today wife and I went out to eat.
Nice Mexican restaurant.
Great food (must be as it was the first Mexican restaurant in Des Moines and area that my wife enjoyed and made it a point to say that we could come back more often).
On the way out, a local policeman opened the door for us (he was going in and there was another policeman with him).
They both said, have a nice day!
We also said to them, take care and have a nice day also.
Nope, that will not be in the news.

•••
Today wife and I went out to eat.
Nice Mexican restaurant.
Great food (must be as it was the first Mexican restaurant in Des Moines and area that my wife enjoyed and made it a point to say that we could come back more often).
On the way out, a local policeman opened the door for us (he was going in and there was another policeman with him).
They both said, have a nice day!
We also said to them, take care and have a nice day also.
Nope, that will not be in the news.

Come to Baltimore. Guarantee you won't see anything like that here. Sounds like you live in a town like Mayberry

•••
Houston, Dallas, any city or town in Texas.
Oklahoma City, Tulsa, any city or town in Oklahoma.
Kansas City, Omaha, blah blah blah.
Everywhere I have been, polite policeman.
So am sure there are the same in Baltimore.

•••
Houston, Dallas, any city or town in Texas.
Oklahoma City, Tulsa, any city or town in Oklahoma.
Kansas City, Omaha, blah blah blah.
Everywhere I have been, polite policeman.
So am sure there are the same in Baltimore.
Treat them with respect and they will do the same to you. I never argue with cops even though the ones where I live (not in the US) are much more tolerant... almost as tolerant as the Japanese.

What I never really understand, in the majority of these media frenzy cases, is why almost all the victims started to confront, insult and fight back against the cops, knowing fully well that many American cops, especially those patrolling problem areas, aren't exactly famous for their tolerance, when compared to cops from a lot of other countries.

The Japanese Cops (on the video) were extremely tolerant towards that idiot, because that type of behavior is not common in Japanese culture, because if it were, you can bet your bottom dollar that they would react a bit differently.

We see lots of demonstrations when Cops kill African Americans, and I agree with these demos because people should have a right to demonstrate, until such time when they start burning down, looting and destroying other people's property.

But I do have a question: How come we never see similar demonstrations when cops get gunned down like what happened in New York a few months ago?

BTW I was very happy to see the NY Cops turn their backs on De Blasio when he started to speak, during the funeral. Pity not all did so, probably out of respect for that idiot of a mayor who doesn't deserve any respect. Hats off to the NY Cops for turning their backs.

Last edited:
•••
Finding random acts of kindness by cops is not a problem, or at issue.

The problem is virtually every Police DEPARTMENT studied, from New York to L.A., Chicago to Miami, and all the little Ferguson's in-between, have shown serious unjust police practices - in everything from traffic stops to the use of force.

The fact that police are 'polite' to some does not excuse them being nasty, and often deadly, to others... they don't like. THAT is the issue! Its called JUSTICE!

"Walk in the shoes" of the thousands wrongfully convicted; including those released from death row (six in 2014 alone --all of them Black).

Ask yourself... how many "good cops" helped overturn the wrongful convictions of "bad cops"? (who put people in prison -on average for 14 years -before being released)?

The answer is NONE! -- Not think a single one... as most, if not all, wrongful convictions are overturned by "Activist" citizen groups.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back