IT.COM

news LAPD shoots homeless man during a struggle 5 or 6 times (Thoughts?)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I came across a video today that was recently released from an event that is becoming very controversial. The feelings of disbelief are so strong that I shared it on FaceBook and now sharing it here to see what others think.
Wow..... LAPD kills homeless man with 5 or 6 shots while he's on the ground being held by other officers. There was a struggle, but shooting the man once, let alone 5 or 6 times (killing him) was very excessive and uncalled for. it's these types of clips that blow my mind and have me questioning the ones that are paid to serve and protect us sometimes. One shot may be an accidental discharge, but 5 or 6? really?
Watch the video: https://www.facebook.com/eric.lyon.399/posts/10155158125895276?pnref=story
KTLA5 reports: Officers were dispatched to the area of East Sixth Street and South San Pedro Street (map) about 11:36 a.m. after a report of an altercation between two people, said Officer Jack Richter, spokesman for the Los Angeles Police Department.

After the officers arrived a struggle ensued, during which police tazed a man, the LAPD said. The man was then shot by police, the department said. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
What are your thoughts? Could it of been handled differently?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Come to Baltimore. Guarantee you won't see anything like that here. Sounds like you live in a town like Mayberry
Baltimore... is #7 in the Top 10 most dangerous cities over 200,000 in the US. WOW. what a distinction.

I have a suggestion... maybe you should ask Eric Holder to fire all the cops there, and get some replacement cops from Japan, led by Sister Teresa? You never know

•••
Finding random acts of kindness by cops is not a problem, or at issue.
Well, it wouldn't hurt the MSM to show some of these acts, even if only once in a blue moon.

Too many violent communities and neighborhoods in the US, to be able to have a high % of tolerant cops. These communities don't trust cops and they in turn don't trust many of the people. TheNo-snitch’ mentality comes to mind.

http://www.toledoblade.com/Op-Ed-Columns/2014/09/10/No-snitch-mentality-killing-black-community.html

Unable to see the video you put up. When I click, it says: "This video has been removed by the user"

•••
Finding random acts of kindness by cops is not a problem, or at issue.

The problem is virtually every Police DEPARTMENT studied, from New York to L.A., Chicago to Miami, and all the little Ferguson's in-between, have shown serious unjust police practices - in everything from traffic stops to the use of force.

The fact that police are 'polite' to some does not excuse them being nasty, and often deadly, to others... they don't like. THAT is the issue! Its called JUSTICE!

"Walk in the shoes" of the thousands wrongfully convicted; including those released from death row (six in 2014 alone --all of them Black).

Ask yourself... how many "good cops" helped overturn the wrongful convictions of "bad cops"? (who put people in prison -on average for 14 years -before being released)?

The answer is NONE! -- Not think a single one... as most, if not all, wrongful convictions are overturned by "Activist" citizen groups.

Totally agree. Also those who keep going on posting how kind a cop has been today or yesterday or 30 years ago are simply ignoring the facts that thousands of articles, videos and news report and that can easily be found online.
At the end the facts are that you are 100 times more likely to be killed in the US by a police man than in any other western ( capitalistic ) country in the world...but hey...that cop told me " good day " today...WOW

•••
On the way out, a local policeman opened the door for us (he was going in and there was another policeman with him).
They both said, have a nice day!
We also said to them, take care and have a nice day also.
Nope, that will not be in the news.

Nor should it be. The day the headline reads "Cop Behaves Like a Decent Human Being," we'll really be in trouble. A Mafia boss held a door for me in San Francisco, and we exchanged pleasantries - nice as could be. And I think 99.9% of the time he probably was a swell guy. It's that 0.01% where he's having a bad day that you don't want to be there.

When I have a bad day, I might snap at someone. When certain cops (not all, not even most) have a bad day, they beat the crap out of some harmless Joe, or shoot someone who didn't need to be shot. Or they use the good old taser in cases where they would have talked a guy into calming down just 20 years ago. Sure, they often deal with violence and may be more likely to snap than the usual person. But they should also be trained to deal with these issues.

Comparing like with like, police in the US don't have a great track record. I don't know if that's the fault of police recruitment and training, or the fault of the society and courts that tolerate thuggish behavior in general (when violent goons are repeatedly released into the streets while some meek dug user is serving a life sentence). And don't forget the general glorification of "gangsta" pop culture.

But there is clearly a problem. I think it needs to be addressed on all levels. Not just the cops themselves, but everything.

•••
•••
1484499_810839205631076_6167162758195876952_n.jpg

•••
•••
Here is an example of one that's indisputable. And indisputable leads to charges

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/08/u...ged-with-murder-in-black-mans-death.html?_r=0

I'm curious what the state of the officer's brain was.
"Put your hands behind your back"...after he's shot him 8 times in the back? WTF?

I have been in the presence of a policeman holding a gun at a member of public at a supermarket. What I can tell you is that I feared for my life because he was nervous as hell.

Pretty much sums it up to me.

•••
I'm curious what the state of the officer's brain was.
"Put your hands behind your back"...after he's shot him 8 times in the back? WTF?

I have been in the presence of a policeman holding a gun at a member of public at a supermarket. What I can tell you is that I feared for my life because he was nervous as hell.

Pretty much sums it up to me.

Thanks for this. Jefferies has a lot of funny stuff. Gotta love the attitude.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back