Dynadot

domain LakesNearMe.COM - 200K Monthly Search Volume

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

eguner

Established Member
Impact
Hey everyone, I had this domain (lakesnearme.com) for almost 1 year, I was going to use it for a project but was very busy with other stuff so I couldn't use it. Also, there is a developed website on "lakenearme.com" which is a less searched version of the keyword, and it is getting a pretty good amount of traffic and ranks first on most of the main keywords. The keyword has around 200K monthly searches according to Semrush, what do you guys think about it? Is it worth renewing or should I drop it?

1681149524903.png

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
$5 to $49 = Reseller Value Speculation (NOT an end user speculation)

•••
$5 to $49 = Reseller Value Speculation (NOT an end user speculation)
I thought it would be worth more than that considering the search volume of the keyword, but thanks for your comment anyways.

•••
I see potential but a lot of work to develop it since it's a localized search result. On the other hand, that gives you a ton of opportunities since some locations will be a lot easier to rank for than other ones. If LakeNearMe is doing well, I see potential to build a better product and overtake them, their pages are kind of lazy and dated looking, one could definitely do something better but yeah - lots and lots of work.

HMU if you decide to drop it, I'd pay a small amount now + a small % of the sale if I develop it and get it off the ground and sell it as an income-generating site down the road, to have it on the backburner in case I have a team in place that needs something to work on in between other projects.

•••
I see potential but a lot of work to develop it since it's a localized search result. On the other hand, that gives you a ton of opportunities since some locations will be a lot easier to rank for than other ones. If LakeNearMe is doing well, I see potential to build a better product and overtake them, their pages are kind of lazy and dated looking, one could definitely do something better but yeah - lots and lots of work.

HMU if you decide to drop it, I'd pay a small amount now + a small % of the sale if I develop it and get it off the ground and sell it as an income-generating site down the road, to have it on the backburner in case I have a team in place that needs something to work on in between other projects.
Thank you for your feedback. I appreciate your perspective on the potential of the domain and the work that would be required to develop it. I agree that there could be opportunities to rank for localized searches, but it would indeed require a lot of effort and resources to build a better product than LakeNearMe.

Regarding your offer to purchase the domain, I have decided to hold onto it and work on developing it myself. I appreciate your interest and will keep your offer in mind if anything changes. Thank you again!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back