Dynadot

domain kybercrystal.com - appraisal please

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Lobot

Established Member
Impact
Any good Star Wars fan knows that a Kyber Crystal is the centerpiece of every lightsaber. The Kyber Crystal was the focus of some episodes of the Clone Wars TV show, and **spoiler alert** rumor has it that the Kyber Crystal will play an important part in the upcoming Rouge One Star Wars movie to be released in December this year.

Google says that there are an average of 4,500 searches for Kyber Crystal every month.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
any ideas on the value of this domain?

•••
Hey Lobot, thank you for the pedigree information that makes this imaginary job so much easier. I, like you are a serious Star Wars fan, primarily of the original trilogy as I seen all three episodes at the 'Drive-In' (A New Hope, 1978 when I was 5) and the other two at the Bundaberg Moncrief Theater during the early 1980's, when I was enveloped by the Bubble of Magical Awesomeness, great childhood memories, no doubt.

As for the value of such an awesome .com, well here is where that bubble of awesomeness is busted because unless Kybercrystal actually becomes real, like my imaginary job as a Domain Appraisal Dude, then this cool domain name is only worth like $150 bucks dude, I know it sucks like real work, but hey we all have to do it at some point.

Regards.theRealYoda

•••
Han Solo here (alter ego - my cell phone ID)...I have to agree with Mathew, unfortunately its limited in value as a domain name itself.

On the flip side if you developed this domain into something offering Star Wars themed merchandise...with an emphasis on Lightsaber goodies (tons out there: I purchased battery powered chopstick lightsabers), obviously including everything you can get your hands on since there’s no shortage of licensed merchandise, the market potential is huge. We’re talking about a franchise that spans Baby Boomers, Gen X thru to Ygen/Net/Millennials and more coming.

My girlfriend is a freak buying Star Wars stuff…from Yoda Backpacks, bathrobes, glassware, full size lightsabers to custom Native Indian designed Storm Trooper paintings, you name it, we have it. She came home one day with Darth Vader, Strom Trooper and a Yoda action figures. 3 Foot high action figures. Don’t ask.

The point is that the potential market is huge, especially with Disney’s aggressive plans for the franchise.

If up for the work, you'd have a ton of fun operating it, make some money in merchandising products and you know that die hard fans would flock to see your offerings. The value would only go up.

Plus…Its fricken hard finding any sort of a decent domain for anything to do with Star Wars.

Good luck

Attachments

• My chopsticks.jpg
    My chopsticks.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 1
•••
If it's from the Star Wars films then you are likely to have intellectual property issues.

•••
Thanks for your replies!

Matthew, in addition to sharing the same name (my real name is Matthew) I also share your childhood love of the SW movies, and have been a fan ever since.

Micklepickle aka "Han Solo" I can relate to how your girlfriend buys lots of SW stuff. I'm one of those die-hard starwars fans with a huge collection of action figures, toys, and all kinds of other strange and unusual starwars things.

$150 isn't bad. I'd still make a nice profit if I sold it for that, so I'd be happy. I'm also intrigued by the idea of using it to sell lightsaber-related items, like those cool chopsticks. But accelerator is right, I may have intellectual property/trademark issues. Does anyone know more about this? Could I sell lightsaber chopsticks on kybercrystal.com without getting sued or shut down by Mickey Mouse and his army of cartoon lawyers?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back