IT.COM

Knownhost vs FutureHosting vs Wiredtree

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

tronox

Established Member
Impact
I am looking for a ssd vps with cpanel. i have seen offers in knownhost, futurehosting and wiredtree. In the begining i am intereste in vps, but also I will consider the prices of their dedicated servers for possible updates. What is the best of these?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I switched from cheap shared hosting to WiredTree's VPS about three months ago. I added Litespeed and SSD drive space to their smallest offer. It got the response time of my Wordpress sites down a lot, which was my main goal.

Not having used a VPS before and inexperienced with WMH & Cpanel I have found their support to be very good. Prompt & accurate answers to my questions.

I know nothing about the other two you mention.

•••
thanks, mhdoc, i will take into consideration your opinion.

•••
I have used WiredTree VPS for years, primarily for a heavily visited forum. Never had a problem.

•••
I have never used WiredTree before but I know they are a reputable company that has gotten a lot of positive reviews over the years. As for KnownHost, I have personally used them. I had a standard VPS with them before several years ago and had issues with it now and then regarding uptime, but they always had helpful support. After those several years, I now utilize an SSD VPS from them for one of my sites and I am impressed with the product. It performs the way I want it to and I have had no uptime issues at all and their tech support definitely seems to be top notch like I remembered it. They also provide credits for downtime in the rare case it does occur. I am not looking to drive you away at all, but if you would like additional reviews, not only can you get them here, but they have many many more reviews at WebHostingTalk.com which is a forum dedicated to web hosting discussion. It is always good to do your research and gather reviews from many sources before proceeding. :)

•••
Thanks! Anything opinion about FutureHosting?

•••
Only one out of that list I have used is WiredTree. I wasn't happy with them as quite a bit of downtime. Originally went with them cause liked the idea of having my server in my hometown but the downtime killed that idea. To be fair this was a few years ago so maybe they have improved since then. I moved to Liquid Web back then and with a 1 minute uptime monitor I've never seen sites down. They aren't in my hometown but close enough and they own their own datacenters so no middle man which helps. Something goes wrong they don't have to go to the data center or call it they just walk over and fix it. Little more expensive but I'd rank Liquid Web as the best I have ever used in 10+ years.

•••
I've had a small VPS at Knownhost for a few years - no complaints. Watch for promos - if you get a % discount that usually applies to everything you get for the life of your account, including upgrades and add-ons.

snowbird said:
I am not looking to drive you away at all, but if you would like additional reviews, not only can you get them here, but they have many many more reviews at WebHostingTalk.com which is a forum dedicated to web hosting discussion.

+1 to that suggestion. Not sure if they still do it, but they used to verify that you had sites with a particular host before allowing you to post a review. Helped cut down on the fake reviews.

•••
I found WiredTree via WebhostingTalk after I had gone there looking for LiquidWeb reviews. I got the impression WiredTree grew out of some management conflicts at LiquidWeb :)

The problem with the reviews is that customers with problems are much more likely to post. The result is that all the hosts reviewed start to look like they have serious problems. Its like trying to make sense of a fraction when you don't know the denominator.

In the end my choice felt like a leap of faith, not a well informed decision.

•••
mhdoc said:
The problem with the reviews is that customers with problems are much more likely to post. The result is that all the hosts reviewed start to look like they have serious problems. Its like trying to make sense of a fraction when you don't know the denominator.

Very good point. And at the other end of the scale you have "review sites" by affiliates who rank them according to who pays the highest commission.

I found Knownhost through a forum which only allowed companies to be discussed by name in the paid subscriber section.

•••
All of them are reliable and reputable web hosting providers. No matter which one you choose, you will be in good hands.

•••
Read other clients' or customers' testimonials. Try to contact the current customers of the web host provider of your choice and see if they are satisfied with the kind of services being rendered by the web host company.

•••
Look at your current usage and double it at least, triple is even better because coming half way through the month and running out of bandwidth is probable the worst thing you can do for your website, your users will probable desert you, if they see it isn’t online for a day or two.

•••
I switched over to WiredTree about 2 years ago. For the most part, I have been very happy with their service.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back