domains Khols.com current website seems to be asking for another UDRP

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

equity78

Top Member
TheDomains Staff
TLDInvestors.com
Impact
Back on March 29, the domain name Khols.com closed at $81,559 on NameJet. The domain name was lost in a UDRP previously, this was back in 2012. UDRP case details for khols.com Case # Status Ruleset Commenced Decision 1442950 Transferred UDRP 2012-05-15 2012-06-07 KOHL’S ILLINOIS, INC. v c/o KPHLS.COM; c/o KOHALS.COM; c/o KOHLSDEPARTMENTSTORE.COM; c/o KHOLS.COM […]

Continue Reading

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Earlier when this domain was in auction the UDRP was discussed. I had responded saying, "Let's see how smart or dumb this person really is" in reference to the fact that Khols is a surname and that there are legitimate non-infringing uses of this domain that do not fall under the retail space such as insurance or consulting. I guess this person is the latter after all.

Last edited:
•••
Earlier when this domain was in auction the UDRP was discussed. I had responded saying, "Let's see how smart or dumb this person really is" in reference to the fact that Khols is a surname and that there are legitimate non-infringing uses of this domain that do not fall under the retail space such as insurance or consulting. I guess this person is the later after all.

Agreed. and we know you can find a legitimate way but more than likely someone is going to take the easy route, I mean $81,559 was a big price to pay. No one with that surname was going to pay enough to make the juice worth the squeeze.

•••
Agreed. and we know you can find a legitimate way but more than likely someone is going to take the easy route, I mean $81,559 was a big price to pay. No one with that surname was going to pay enough to make the juice worth the squeeze.
Agreed, thanks for sharing.

•••
You pay north of 80k for a name that has a history of UDRP and then put adverts up with the company that initiated the original legal proceedings.......beggars belief.

Can anyone guess how long they will get away with it? Is there enough time to recoup the investment before the legal proverbial hits the fan? This is the only thing I can think off,that they are hoping to profit in the short/medium term before losing the name because there is no way Kohls are going to be buying it from them.

They could even of parked it purely for cosmetics and probably been safe? What do you think?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kohl_(cosmetics)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back