Keyword.net vs SameKeywordDomain.net.co

SpaceshipSpaceship
Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch

janismo

Established Member
Impact
45
Hi guys,

Could anyone, please, explain, whether I could have any legal issues in the situation below or not?

There is a quite popular keyword.net site. I want to create a project under the same keyword (same business area), but different extension - '.net.co'.

Would I have any legal issues in this case, what if I would use different extension, e.g. '.com.co'?

thanks!
 
0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
As long as you don't infringe on any of the keyword.net trademarks, you should be ok.
 
0
•••
The domain extensions are not at all part of the issue.
If the .net uses ant keyword that is trademarked for the type of business you want to be in, you cannot utilize that.
If the .net uses only keywords that are generic and safe for all businesses to advertise, then you can utilize that on as many extensions as you want.
 
0
•••
AIVikingsAIVikings

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover

NamePros updates

New in Parking: updated way to act on many domains or inquiries at once
Your domain list and inquiry list now have a bar above and below the list. Check the items you want, then choose an action in the bar...
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back