Dynadot

news KeepAmericaGreat.com in good hands!

NameSilo
Watch
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
If you don't have anything good to say then attack the other side. Never works. :hungover:

•••
If you don't have anything good to say then attack the other side. Never works. :hungover:
Just seen Trump's acceptance speech. Basically all he did was attack Biden. Fireworks were good though!

•••
•••
I bought the conquerthemars.com they should buy my domain.(y)

•••
Trump for President Inc. Has the patent and trademark for the phrase. Joe's looking for a law suit.

•••
•••
•••
Last edited:
•••
You can get a patent on a phrase?
Yes. Trump got patent on Make America Great Again as well as Keep America Great. I was watching live on Fox News when he called his lawyers live, in the middle of an interview, and instructed them to file for the Trademark and patents.

Let's watch what happens in the coming weeks.

•••
Testing my patent/trademark understanding to see if someone can educate me.

You can get a patent on a phrase?

I don't see a phrase being patentable. Maybe thinking it's also patented lies in confusion caused by the phrase being filed at what's labeled the US Patent and Trademark Office.

The website looks like it's a commentary type, so if used that way, I'm thinking Biden should be able to carry on with its usage - maybe using a Freedom of Speech argument(?) Unless that wouldn't extend to covering this particular case.

•••
Yes. Trump got patent on Make America Great Again as well as Keep America Great.
As i read the USPTO on patents, trademarks and copyrights find it hard to see how a phrase can be patented, but I know lawyers can be ingenious! :xf.wink:

This is how they define what can be patented.
A patent is a limited duration property right relating to an invention, granted by the United States Patent and Trademark Office in exchange for public disclosure of the invention. Patentable materials include machines, manufactured articles, industrial processes, and chemical compositions. The duration of patent protection depends on the type of patent granted.

I can see how a phrase can be copyrighted or trademarked, but now how it is patentable. I realize it says includes in the above description, just never heard of a phrase being patented. But may just be my ignorance. I tend to think what @Cal2 said is the case - since one office handles TMs, copyrights and patents, that is how the wording confusion came in. I find in everyday life the three terms are often misused.

So you say applied - it is far different to have a TM (or patent) than to simply apply for one.

Anyway, probably interesting legal times ahead!

Bob

(BTW on social media @EJS today asked someone in the Biden campaign how much the domain name cost, if sold to them. Will be interesting if he gets an answer. We know the domain name was created in 2015, but it has not been disclosed who transferred it to them, or is that known?)

Last edited:
•••
•••
Thanks for clarifying it could be TM but not copyrighted, seemingly, @Cal2.

I am not sure if this link below will stay active (if not just select LIVE and put "Keep America Great" in quotation to get only TMs that include that exact phrase), but it shows 17 live TM, mainly 1Bs, for the exact phrase, some by the Trump organization. A few of them are Keep America Great + added terms, but numerous for exactly the term.

So the main TM by the Trump administration was Jan 18, 2017. The domain name was registered in 2015. Safe from UDRP? Would be really interesting to have a UDRP in the middle of the campaign, would certainly make the process more known in general public (probably not a good thing for domainers). Is a competitor using a phrase for commentary fair use?

Bob

Last edited:
•••
We know the domain name was created in 2015, but it has not been disclosed who transferred it to them, or is that known?)

1st Created in 2004
Renting / Donation based for fisherhouse.org
(Not sure f 100% but neither T.S. nor J.B owns)
Ask Twitter @KeepAmericaGr8t
https://twitter.com/KeepAmericaGr8t

Whois: Washington DC

twkag.png

kagwh.png

Last edited:
•••
Although the official current creation date on domain name is June 25 2015 according to DTs. Although first registered in at least 2003 according to HosterStats it was allowed to drop in 2006, 2009 and 2015. I see that a very large and active domain selling business got it in 2015.

Last edited:
•••
So the main TM by the Trump administration was Jan 18, 2017. The domain name was registered in 2015. Safe from UDRP? Would be really interesting to have a UDRP in the middle of the campaign, would certainly make the process more known in general public (probably not a good thing for domainers). Is a competitor using a phrase for commentary fair use?
I don't think Trump is anywhere remotely concerned about that domain name for now. I mean, election is just two months away and Biden or whomever is not even putting it to good use. Just few lame pages with lame attacks.

Last edited:
•••
Although the official current creation date on domain name is June 25 2015 according to DTs. Although first registered in at least 2003 according to HosterStats it was allowed to drop in 2006, 2009 and 2015. I see that a very large and active domain selling business got it in 2015.
How come Trump hasn't snapped KeepAmericaGreat.com? Trump Org is pretty savvy about domain names. I'm thinking maybe the owner is a hardcore Democrat and simply refused to sell.

•••
AmericaGrateful.com

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
I don't even need to read that. If you're using it for trade (selling hats for instance) it's worthy of a trademark.

The rest of that document is likely to be a load of leftist drivel.
Probably. Anyway the matter of the fact is that up until Biden uses it for a different scope than selling merchandaise, he can use that phrase.

Last edited:
•••
Probably. Anyway the matter of the fact is that up until Biden uses it for a different use than selling merchandaise, he can use that phrase.
I just had to read some of it and I'm afraid that's not true. I read the conclusion. That's not what it concluded.

Trademark 4773272 is one of their trademarks for "MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN" registered for:
"IC 035. US 100 101 102. G & S: Political action committee services, namely, promoting public awareness of political issues." so I would not conclude, as you have done, that anyone can use it "as long as (they) use it for a different use than selling merchandise". There are probably many other registrations if I could be bothered to look them up.

Look at Facebook and their protection of the word Face and Book and how they protect their marks against anything that even vaguely matches like their marks.

Also its worth me asking, why cite something you haven't read?

Last edited:
•••
I just had to read some of it and I'm afraid that's not true. I read the conclusion. That's not what it concluded.

Trademark 4773272 is one of their trademarks for "MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN" registered for:
"IC 035. US 100 101 102. G & S: Political action committee services, namely, promoting public awareness of political issues." so I would not conclude, as you have done, that anyone can use it "as long as (they) use it for a different use than selling merchandise". There are probably many other registrations if I could be bothered to look them up.

Look at Facebook and their protection of the word Face and Book and how they protect their marks against anything that even vaguely matches like their marks.

Also its worth me asking, why cite something you haven't read?
Yeah, the First statement was related to the papers ("Probably.").
The second statement was my personal doubt on the issue. I think that TD protecting a political slogan for political purposes infringes the free speech right.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back