IT.COM

sales Kate Buckley Books Top Spot on This Week's Sales Chart with a $91,000 One-Word .Com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
The new domain sales report is out at DNJournal.com. Over the past two weeks, solid mid-range sales have commanded the spotlight with the highest of those being a $91,000 one-word .com sale closed by Kate Buckley, who has made many appearances at the top of our charts in recent years. It was also a big week for the ccTLDs with two of the year’s 10 biggest sales in that category being reported. All told 13 of this week’s country code sales were high enough to take places on the ccTLD YTD Top 100 Chart. You can get all of the details here: https://www.dnjournal.com/archive/domainsales/2020/20200429.htm

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
@Kate Buckley, truly inspirational.

One of few women in the field, crushing sales, and during Corona times. Awesome price!!

Samer

Last edited:
•••
Therapists.com for anyone who is wondering :)

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
Congrats to Kate, it's funny this is a name that's always been mentioned in funny or tricky domain name articles.

Therapist/Therapists The rapist

21 Domain Names That Sound Really Inappropriate

You should use whorepresents.com to find a celebrity's agent, not to buy gifts.

TheRapist.com is a site for therapists.

https://www.businessinsider.com/21-...r-express-reads-more-like-wintersexpresscom-9
Lol. I actually read it as The Rapists and I was like WTH. Good thing I looked a second time

•••
•••
it's funny this is a name that's always been mentioned in funny or tricky domain name articles.

Therapist/Therapists The rapist

21 Domain Names That Sound Really Inappropriate

You should use whorepresents.com to find a celebrity's agent, not to buy gifts.

TheRapist.com is a site for therapists.

https://www.businessinsider.com/21-...r-express-reads-more-like-wintersexpresscom-9

Lol. I actually read it as The Rapists and I was like WTH. Good thing I looked a second time

Reminds me of the Dumbest Internet Domain Names Ever thread....

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
Thanks for your weekly reports, now for 17 years, @Ron Jackson !

The move to every other week, during pandemic, interesting. It seemed to me that for a 2 week period this one showed a rather light number of sales, perhaps indicative of a market drop (despite what my stats seemed to show). That said, it struck me that the top 5 at least on this list are really strong names. As well as therapists, I really liked searcher and cappuccino, and wi.de is a fantastic name.

Nice to see another .in and a .lu make the list. Cats.in and drinks.lu both great names.

Healthcare.club nice price in a name for the times.

Thanks again.

Bob

•••
What's most interesting is the registration date of the Healthcare.club which, according to the whois query was created on April 10th, 2020, almost immediately prior to the date of its subsequent sale just a few days later.

Last edited:
•••
Healthcare.club which, according to the whois query was created on April 10th, 2020, almost immediately prior to the date of its subsequent sale just a few days later.
That simply (probably) means it was a registry sale administered by Namecheap. Occasionally it is not that, and a name dropped, was deleted, registered with fresh creation date, and the domainer sought out and found an end user quickly, but a registry sale is the more likely explanation. In the case of healthcare.club HosterStats shows that it was first registered in 2015, deleted in January 2017, then recently newly registered again.
Bob

•••
That simply (probably) means it was a registry sale administered by Namecheap. Occasionally it is not that, and a name dropped, was deleted, registered with fresh creation date, and the domainer sought out and found an end user quickly, but a registry sale is the more likely explanation.

Usually when registry sales occur, irrespective of the registrars that administer them (here we have had namecheap), it'd be more customary to list the sale venue by the name of the registry itself responsible for the extension and not by the name of the registrar through which an actual sale (which is equal to a new registrartion of a premium or reserved name) would take place. Searching for supporting facts, I went through some DN archives and they yielded one such similar sale, ie BookOfTheMonth.club where the sale venue was attributed to the .CLUB Registry. As is widely known, it should noy be possible to acquire domain names directly from the registry itself. Which means that such potential registry level sales must happen through an authorised retailer at the registrar's level (be it namecheap or any other accredited agent approved to trade in given extensions). For those familiar with regular sale figures of the .global extension, for example, direct registry sales of premium names are usually reported as taking place at the level of a .global registry itself.

Last edited:
•••
therapist price. 2 or 1 words so forced to pay for both. Bad taste comedy.

Last edited:
•••
it'd be more customary to list the sale venue by the name of the registry itself responsible for the extension and not by the name of the registrar through which an actual sale (which is equal to a new registration of a premium or reserved name) would take place.
Certainly some registries do regularly list them under their name, such as the .global ones. It seems a mix with .club I think. They certainly released some of the big sales like wine.club at $140,000 as a Club Registry sale, and in other cases the venue is listed as Direct Registry Sale for startup club at $22,500 and a number of others. Since Namecheap sales are not automatically on NameBio, it would be reported according to the name supplied when the buyer or seller provided documentation of the sale. As far as I know Namecheap never individually report. I sort of agree with your point if the registry did report, wouldn't they take the credit. Anyway, acknowledge that it is not clearly a registry sale, although I think it is possibly one.

As is widely known, it should noy be possible to acquire domain names directly from the registry itself.
Not sure if you meant they should not be allowed to do this or that they are not. Under the new gTLD program registries are allowed to sell premiums directly, and some have a branch just for that, although of course they must get registered at a registrar as part of the transaction. With legacy, Verisign has sought the right to be both registrar and registry for .com, but has not been granted that.

Interestingly, healthcare.club is now operational (sort of) and it appears to be going to be a blog. Will be interesting to see who the author will be, as this is a premium price for a blog name.

Bob

Last edited:
•••
•••
Not sure if you meant they should not be allowed to do this or that they are not. Under the new gTLD program registries are allowed to sell premiums directly, and some have a branch just for that, although of course they get registered somewhere. With legacy, Verisign has sought the right to be both registrar and registry for .com, but has not been granted that.

Here I was referring specifically to the .Global and .Club registries and their policy of selling names through their agents, ie, registrars.

•••
I just did a bit of sleuthing and found the...
Definitive answer: Yesterday the Club Registry tweeted that they had 5 high tier premium sales during the week, and listed healthcare.club by name, so it is definitely a registry sale.

Bob

Last edited:
•••
Kudos @Kate Buckley !

I checked out your website. The portfolio you represent is super hot!

•••
Sweet, and timely. Congrats Ms. Buckley!

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back