IT.COM

.com Just SOLD CryptoCorp .com for $16.5k

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Held it since 2000. Maybe sold it too early, but good luck to the new owner.

Still pretty happy with the sale after hand registering it years ago. :xf.smile:

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Just Google Crypto corp and you will see that it is obviously not an issue. You cant TM a generic term and then try to inforce it on everyone that uses that name. Crypto is a generic word that has been in use for crypto for a long time. If someone TM crypto and was using it for a car or a skateboard then yes it would be enforceable. Just like apple. if they were selling apples they wouldn't be able to enforce the TM on other people selling apples, but computers they have it sewed up.
MTC

I agree.

Let me add little more to it.

CREDITREPORTS.COM

http://tmsearch.uspto.gov/bin/showfield?f=doc&state=4802:ogw8hm.11.5

FREECREDITREPORT.COM

http://tmsearch.uspto.gov/bin/showfield?f=doc&state=4802:ogw8hm.12.1

Both above are live Servicemark. Both offer same service. Still they enjoy their business because they both doing business into their own generic meaning of the name.

Just sharing with intention to learn something. If someone come up with better understanding I wont mind learning something new.

Thanks

•••
•••
CREDITREPORTS.COM FREECREDITREPORT.COM

Both above are live Servicemark. Both offer same service. Still they enjoy their business because they both doing business into their own generic meaning of the name.

Just sharing with intention to learn something. If someone come up with better understanding I wont mind learning something new.

Thanks
Makes no sense because the 2 examples are on two DIFFERENT names and diverse trademarks, it doesn't matter if the category is the same.

Last edited:
•••
Makes no sense because the 2 examples are on two DIFFERENT names and diverse trademarks, it doesn't matter if the category is the same.

Great. Please guide us how both name different and how they are not related to each other.

As I said I am not belong to the category of the people who once said and proven wrong but still try to keep posting because of wrong ego. I am a student in the world and I am open to learn something new. You are pro and old member here. Please teach us how to register or purchase name by avoiding trademark infringement.

Thanks

•••
It is obvious why. the 2 example trademarks in on DIFFERENT words and names.

•••
It is obvious why. the 2 example trademarks in on DIFFERENT words and names.

Thanks if that is the case then current owner can apply for trademark for following term

Crypto/Corp .com

Because it is different than

Crypto/corp

Both are different name.

Let me know if I need to learn something new. I am open to learn something new.

Thanks

Last edited:
•••
Not sure why the TM is being brought up. The name was registered long before that. If handled properly there is zero wrong here. Some of you just sound like bitter novices.

As far as I know a WIPO case or trademark lawsuit is based on date the name last changed hands and acquired. Not the original registration date by someone else.

•••
Thanks if that is the case then current owner can apply for trademark for following term

CryptoCorp.com

Because it is different than

CryptoCorp

Both are different name.

Let me know if I need to learn something new. I am open to learn something new.

Thanks

He can try doing that but probably fail because USPTO checks for name conflicts and when they see the old TM will likely not approve the new TM applicatioan with the .com on the end since it conflicts with the TM. And in a WIPO case extension is ignored according to the rules.

"Word Mark CRYPTOCORP
Goods and Services
IC 042. US 100 101. G & S: Design, development, and implementation of software solutions for digital currency security, including but not limited to bitcoin currency and transactions involving bitcoin currency; design, development, and implementation of software for Hierarchical Deterministic Multisignature (HDM) wallets and third party verification services for digital currency transactions, including but not limited to transactions involving bitcoin currency; consultancy services related to digital currency transactions software, including but not limited to transactions involving bitcoin currency. FIRST USE: 20131213. FIRST USE IN COMMERCE: 20140303
Standard Characters Claimed
Mark Drawing Code
(4) STANDARD CHARACTER MARK
Serial Number 86413247
Filing Date October 2, 2014

Last edited:
•••
As far as I know a WIPO case or trademark lawsuit is based on date the name last changed hands and acquired. Not the original registration date by someone else.
What's up meddler? :wacky:

•••
He can try doing that but probably fail because USPTO checks for name conflicts and when they see the old TM will likely not approve the new TM applicatioan with the .com on the end since it conflicts with the TM. And in a WIPO case extension is ignored according to the rules.

"Word Mark CRYPTOCORP
Goods and Services
IC 042. US 100 101. G & S: Design, development, and implementation of software solutions for digital currency security, including but not limited to bitcoin currency and transactions involving bitcoin currency; design, development, and implementation of software for Hierarchical Deterministic Multisignature (HDM) wallets and third party verification services for digital currency transactions, including but not limited to transactions involving bitcoin currency; consultancy services related to digital currency transactions software, including but not limited to transactions involving bitcoin currency. FIRST USE: 20131213. FIRST USE IN COMMERCE: 20140303
Standard Characters Claimed
Mark Drawing Code
(4) STANDARD CHARACTER MARK
Serial Number 86413247
Filing Date October 2, 2014

Thanks for sharing. There was

CreditReport.com service Mark was live until 2008. Dead now but was live until 2008.

Application for FreeCreditReport.com was approved in 2006.

Can you please teach us how that thing was approved??

As I said I am a student and open to learn something new without any wrong ego. I am fine if proven wrong so I can learn something new.

Thanks

•••
What's up meddler? :wacky:

I am sorry you are so upset over the issue. The intention was not upset you in fact I never even realized the buyer was a member here or active in this thread until after I first posted. We all make sales or buys which turned out to be mistakes. P.S. other members chimed-in on the negativity caused by the old trademark long before I participated in the discussion.

Last edited:
•••
•••
I am sorry you are so upset over the issue. The intention was not upset you in fact I never even realized the buyer was a member here or active in then thread until after I first posted. We all make sales or buys which turned out to be mistakes. P.S. other members chimed-in on the negativity caused by the old trademark long before I participated in the discussion.
The only mistakes are your poor judgement and believing in your own authority and knowledge on this matter. I know what's up which is why I crush it time and again.

•••
•••
Held it since 2000. Maybe sold it too early, but good luck to the new owner.

Still pretty happy with the sale after hand registering it years ago. :xf.smile:

Congrats on your sale!

hope newbies note that you held this name 18 years before selling.

Sale was made thru NP. I found him in the Domains Wanted section.

also important to note, that some members on NP are willing to offer more than a few bucks for a good name.

Well Done

imo...

•••
The only mistakes are your poor judgement and believing in your own authority and knowledge on this matter. I know what's up which is why I crush it time and again.

So,if you know what's up please tell us exactly why it is NOT a trademark violation.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Then reply to other members who are curious as to why it's not a TM violation so you can help in educating all the members. P.S. a buyer not being aware of a trademark is not a good reason, if that is what you are thinking I am guessing.

Last edited:
•••
Thanks for sharing. There was

CreditReport.com service Mark was live until 2008. Dead now but was live until 2008.

Application for FreeCreditReport.com was approved in 2006.

Can you please teach us how that thing was approved??

As I said I am a student and open to learn something new without any wrong ego. I am fine if proven wrong so I can learn something new.

Thanks

As I have said several other times and will not repeat again the most OBVIOUS reason is because they are DIFFERENT words and terms!

•••
Then reply to other members who are curious as to why it's not a TM violation so you can help in educating all the members. P.S. a buyer not being aware of a trademark is not a good reason, if that is what you are thinking I am guessing.

The members are still waiting for a reply to this from marketingstrategies.com to help their knowledge.

•••
The members are still waiting for a reply to this from marketingstrategies.com to help their knowledge.
What exactly is your problem? Enjoy trolling? For days now you have been posting the same things repeatedly.

I suggest you get after the big names that own many trademarked terms. It has nothing to do with changing hands that has not been a reason someone lost a name unless they were stupid and allowed infringing ads. Trademarked names trade hands often.

This thread was about announcing a large sale and not asking your opinion on trademark law.

•••
It is not being a troll. It's just that when members post incorrect information it may wrongly influence newbies who believe them to take high risks. All buyer has to do is post why it is not a TM violation. Reason he is not doing that is there is no valid explanation so he stays silent on it. And you are also wrong on it, in fact it everything to do with changing hands from a sale. As far as I know and have read many times, purchase date resets the clock so buyer cannot claim name was reg'd long before the TM.

Infringing ads are also not always an issue because you risk a WIPO case loss even with no ads as the name itself is the main risk factor not always based on the ads, if any. Infringing ads only make the WIPO case or lawsuit more solid for plaintiff but a lack does not reduce likelihood of a win.

When a member posts about a sale it's for bragging rights or to get feedback on the price he managed to sell it for, be it high or low and domain value. That's what he got here, tons of feedback. If seller did not want opinions or possible negativity he should not have started thread, or buyer should not have participated. Again I repeat there were other members who posted about the TM issue before I chimed-in.

Last edited:
•••
It is not being a troll. It's just that when members post incorrect information it may wrongly influence newbies who believe them to take high risks. All buyer has to do is post why it is not a TM violation. Reason he is not doing that is there is no valid explanation so he stays silent on it. And you are also wrong on it, in fact it everything to do with changing hands from a sale. As far as I know and have read many times, purchase date resets the clock so buyer cannot claim name was reg'd long before the TM.

Infringing ads are also not always an issue because you risk a WIPO case loss even with no ads as the name itself is the main risk factor not always based on the ads, if any. Infringing ads only make the WIPO case or lawsuit more solid for plaintiff but a lack does not reduce likelihood of a win.

When a member posts about a sale it's for bragging rights or to get feedback on the price he managed to sell it for, be it high or low and domain value. That's what he got here, tons of feedback. If seller did not want opinions or possible negativity he should not have started thread, or buyer should not have participated. Again I repeat there were other members who posted about the TM issue before I chimed-in.
I don't have to do anything. Again, no respect = no response.

Anyone who would like to inquire can DM me. No debates with trolls, period. Next time try asking a question like, "do you have any concerns about..."

I sold coinex (/.com) and squarefoot (/.com) last year. If concerned about existing trademarks, do your research, get the knowledge you need and don't infringe on anyone's intellectual property.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back