IT.COM

information Just Sold a TM name today

NameSilo
Watch

johnn

WeSellName.comTop Member
Impact
I own an .org name and the name was registered in 2008.
I got an email from a man saying he owns the trademark of my name and wanted me to hand the name to him or he is going to file for UDRP.
After checking I see that he filed the TM 5 months ago on 04/2020.
I told him that the name was registered before his filing for TM and he has no leg to stand even if he files UDRP. Beside it's going to cost him money.
So I gave him 2 options: Go ahead and file or buy the name from me as I am not a CyberSquatter who registered the name AFTER seeing his TM.
After a couple emails back and forth he agreed to buy the name. The money is in my bank now.
It's a small transaction under $100K

Know Your Rights and Don't let the Bad Boy Scare You!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I got an email from a man saying he owns the trademark of my name and wanted me to hand the name to him or he is going to file for UDRP.
I told him that the name was registered before his filing for TM and he has no leg to stand even if he files UDRP. Beside it's going to cost him money.
So I gave him 2 options: Go ahead and file or buy the name from me as I am not a CyberSquatter who registered the name AFTER seeing his TM.
After a couple emails back and forth he agreed to buy the name. The money is in my bank now.

Hi Johnn, thank you so much for the post, and congrats on your sell! :)
i'm new to this and i just registered 6 new domains, and after reading your post i checked them on that TM site and one of them come back with a TM conflict;(
any advice?

Cheers!

•••
No - I work as a Janitor taking care of the lawn and flower beds.
I saw that movie “being there” Peter sellers funny as hell ya gotta catch 5his one if you can find it

•••
Thumbs up for standing up to your rights.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back