NameSilo

Just sold 1617.info at godaddy auction

Labeled as tips in Domain Selling and Domain Sales, started by youdn, Jun 17, 2016

Replies:
Views:

1. youdn

youdn Established Member

1617.info was sold at godaddy auction for $20, but finally I only got $5.

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. Baldomains

Baldomains Established Member

Congrats, you are 5-buck richer :)

3. youdn

youdn Established Member

Thanks.;)

4. tvanrijt

tvanrijt Top Contributor VIP

That seems correct. GOdaddy takes 15% with a minimum of $ 15.

I think before they list it they give you a link to a calculator seeing what you would get at what sales price. Check it out, so you won't be surprised next time.

5. youdn

youdn Established Member

Could be. I did not notice it. Just want to have a test for selling domains through the auction. But win $5, minus the buy-in price ~$4, so I gain $1 after some efforts.

6. tvanrijt

tvanrijt Top Contributor VIP

Obviously not great return for the time spent, but that doesn't always have to be the case :)

You didn't make a loss and you gained an experience, so not a bad deal IMO. Make sure to look for the calculations next time, or just calculate it yourself if you look up the amount GoDaddy will claim.

7. youdn

youdn Established Member

Thanks.

8. Josytal

Josytal Top Contributor VIP

A sale is a sale, so congrats. But I believe you could've got more on NP auction. IMO.

9. iwon24

iwon24 Top Contributor VIP

i would be happy with $1 profit just to give me the experience of a godaddy auction and transfer and payment etc.. its good experience for when you want to sell bigger names :)

10. Shams

Shams Will update soon VIP

Well, You are lucky you got $5 of your sale. i sold a domain recently at godaddy for $99 and will never get $79 after they deduct their 20% Commission.the reason as per GD explanation they can only transfer money to paypal only in US. i can only get money via Wire transfer for which minimum threshold is $1K or via Cheque which is not suitable for me because the bank will charge approximately the same amount to clear overseas cheque. The mistake is entirely not of GD. So i left the money with them., So you can enjoy a $5 cup of coffee...! Good Luck ...!

11. forge

forge wow factor VIP

Two suggestions:

1. A bank check/cheque can be transferred to a 3rd party almost as cash. Many checks are valid for 180 days which may allow you to use it. Or,
    2. Have GoDaddy issue you a store credit. It would seem only fair.

12. Haris

Haris Best Domainer Of The End-Times VIP

I sold a great LLLL.org for $20.. received $5.. cost was much more so I obviously took a loss there.. What have I learnt? Always start auctions at GoDaddy from your 'reserve price'.. Now I usually set the starting price of $50-60

13. Shams

Shams Will update soon VIP

1st : The Check cannot be transfer to a third party as it will be on my name.
    2nd : they Denied about in store credit. i already asked them,. They said we cannot issue in store credit. ..!

14. UncleBrand

UncleBrand Top Contributor VIP

i have been there ,
    they got me on a couple domains that got only 20$ bids,
    there are so much sniper that bid on the last 5minutes at godaddy

if you put your minimum bid at 50$ first bid, you'll get 35$ at least

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
NameWorth
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice