Domain Empire

.tv Just sharing an interesting Tuvalu article

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Cute little country. The extension sucks for anything NOT related to Television imo though. How much $ do the people make from the ccTLD arrangement? Anyone know?

•••
Great article. everyone should know that .tv is not for television . its for tuvalu.

•••
Know
The extension sucks for anything NOT related to Television imo though. How much $ do the people make from the ccTLD arrangement? Anyone know?
Wrong and you love .us .tv has higher reported sales than .us Travel.tv at $65,000 larger than any .us ever reported and China.tv at $100,000 Where I agree it shpould be intuitive with the extension countries,places numbers work well with the ext Six.tv makes $5 a day on average parked ata basic Fbaulous page not even targetted.

Great article. everyone should know that .tv is not for television . its for tuvalu.
Not really sure what that means, .tv is marketed as DOT TV and used as such like ELEQUA always says to me Ihe does not get that people don't understand that .tv is bascially a gtld two reasons TUVALU sinking and the most common twol leeter acronym in the world SEEMS obvious to me but for the .commies and the others I guess go reg I tookitinthepoopshute.com

AND lastly no offense but I don't know what was INTERESTING about that article "the phones are down" INTERESTING. WAIT I think someone farted more interesting

Last edited:
•••
equity78 said:
Not really sure what that means, .tv is marketed as DOT TV and used as such like ELEQUA always says to me Ihe does not get that people don't understand that .tv is bascially a gtld

I do have to agree with that. As a TLD, it really has evolved past its original geographical assignment. To say that DotTV has anything to do with Tuvalu anymore is like saying the main purpose of the Internet is for government computers to communicate.

For an island with barely 12,000 people that is expected to be non-existant within a generation, there's little reason to hang onto .TV as a country code for Tuvalu anymore. Tuvalu themselves sold their rights in the extension so it could be used as the "TV" extension. :)

Here's another short article,
http://www.greenworks.tv/woodchuckcafe/archives/feature_tuvalu.asp

•••
-RJ- said:
I do have to agree with that. As a TLD, it really has evolved past its original geographical assignment. To say that DotTV has anything to do with Tuvalu anymore is like saying the main purpose of the Internet is for government computers to communicate.

For an island with barely 12,000 people that is expected to be non-existant within a generation, there's little reason to hang onto .TV as a country code for Tuvalu anymore. Tuvalu themselves sold their rights in the extension so it could be used as the "TV" extension. :)

http://www.greenworks.tv/woodchuckcafe/archives/feature_tuvalu.asp

I agree. I surely wasn't saying the .tv stands mainly for Tuvalu, just sharing a 30 second read.

equity78 said:
AND lastly no offense but I don't know what was INTERESTING about that article "the phones are down" INTERESTING. WAIT I think someone farted more interesting

Really, well sorry to waste your time.

Last edited:
•••
NO waste MTOM just kidding around. I just love the whole tuvalu its not television from those who dislike the ext.

•••
-OutlawBiker- said:
How much $ do the people make from the ccTLD arrangement? Anyone know?

From what i read there is a base plus a commission, % of sales. However, Tuvalo has only been paid the base amount and they want to see the books to determine if a % of sales is due... they think it is and have threatened to sue to find out. Verisign will not show them the books and I do not think they have ever published just what the base/guarentee payment is.

•••
equity78 said:
NO waste MTOM just kidding around. I just love the whole tuvalu its not television from those who dislike the ext.

".TV" means "Television", of course ... while watching it on vacation in the teeny isle of Tuvalu! :laugh:

Just kidding, I'm actually warming a tad (must be the copious flow of eggnog into my blood stream) to the idea of SUPER COOL developed ".TV" sites, IMHO. :red:
Happy Holidays! :santa:
-Jeff B-)

•••
so when tivalu sinks does ICANN get rid of .tv since the country will no longer exist (jk)? heh

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back