Domain Empire

.info Just purchased 3 3-letter .info domains on Ebay

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

How much will average 3 letter .info domains sell wholesale in 3 years?

• 25 votes
  • Ended 19 years ago
  • Final results
Impact
I went shopping on e-bay today:

TZC.info $31
SQK.info $30.03
EZH.info $41.60

These are 3 more to add to my collection:

IIG.info
IIH.info
IJJ.info
ITJ.info
(I registered these on the first day that .info regitrations were accepted a few years ago)

I previously sold IIP.info for 895EUR on Sedo.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
That is actually a good buy. I have never shopped for domains on ebay, don't really trust it when it comes to things similar to intellectual property, such as a domain.

•••
Great, good luck in selling these with great potential.

Regards,
Ahmed

•••
I never bought or sold any names on eBay.

It seems you bought some bargain.Good!

•••
•••
Really nice buy. Reseller price for 3 letter .info is around $50.

•••
Who voted > 10,000 lol. Many 3 letter .coms don't even sell for that -_-

•••
I would say (hope) 100-300 but this is a big gamble, I want to see what happens when the most .info are expired and the owners have to pay in full ;)

•••
I voted also for 30-100
most of them are taken right now, but what will hapen after that 1 free year ends

•••
First off no one got any LLL.info for free so that point is totally irrelevant. You got some names cheap Dajimbo has been selling a bunch of LLL.info at atime on EBAY and lowering his overall avg price. WHOLESALE now is $50

http://www.dnjournal.com/columns/cover030304.htm

And for the votes less than $30 that is just comical

Last edited:
•••
To be honest I voted $3000-$10000. .COM's are worth about $1000 now each and .INFO's have gotten so cheap! By the end of this year there will probably be none left hardly. Also they gave them away for free at one point too. I don't have any but I'm almost positive that's how it's going to work and the people who acted right now will be the winners in the end.

•••
Given the right combination they’re value may one day soar e.g. ghb.info or some other more creative combination.

•••
Yeah, they should be worth quite a bit, but you can't really tell.

•••
Equity is right...All of the 3-letter .info domains were taken (so that none were left for hand reg) in February of 2004; long before the free .info time of last fall. I think 3-letter .info domains are great investment names and I've slowly bought quite a few in the last year and a half. If I had to vote, I'd guess that the wholesale level will rise by 200 - 400% or more in the next 3 years.

Consider that 3 years ago, 3-letter .com names were selling at wholesale of $200 each and are now well over $1000 each on the wholesale level. A little more than a year ago 3-letter .info domains were avail for reg fee. Now the wholesale level is closer to $50 for 3-letter .infos. Those are both great % growth over a short amount of time...and I see no reason that growth shouldn't continue. As more of the type names fall into end-user hands, the remaining available for resale will decrease and continued demand will only result in greater prices going forward.

Just my $.02.

:) Zesty

•••
I'd say the "average" will be somewhere over $200. There will be the many that sell for < $50, and a few that sell for several thousand, others will be dropped for reg fee. Averages only mean something if you have a large number that makes them meaningful.

I seem to see quality ones being held or sold to end users lately at decent prices. I see frequent trading traffic at low volume on the ones with undesired letters. As a buyer, it's rare to see good ones for sale lately at less than $60. However, I see bad ones for under $20 frequently. I believe those with long term intent have been sitting on the better ones patiently as I have.

•••
TZC.info
SQK.info
EZH.info
IIG.info
IIH.info
IJJ.info
ITJ.info
GSZ.info
GZM.info
HZD.info
KTQ.info
RZV.info
NHK.info

The above is my growing collection. I plan to keep these for some time, unless I get a 4-figure offer for one :)

•••
mkellerman said:
The above is my growing collection. I plan to keep these for some time, unless I get a 4-figure offer for one :)

I'd do the same. Nice collection

•••
Those seems like good buys for the price. In my view, though, high quality 3 letter combinations will be worth disproportionately more than the average LLL.info

•••
yea i think that they are a good buy

•••
I would think $100 to $300 when their rarity increases (and when the clever guys are finished hoarding them all).

•••
I think that a lot of peopel got confused and voted fro the value today, like now.

•••
Nice, I just recently bought a .info domain name.

•••
...well I would have voted for <$30 if the poll hadn't closed. The only apparent value is speculative sales by domainers, but in the end if there is no retail trade then this little bubble will burst, which it will :hehe:

•••
LLL.infos sell for $100 to $300 every day and since ELEQUA owns a large percentage and is not selling there is no bubble to burst.

•••
yoshiwara said:
...well I would have voted for <$30 if the poll hadn't closed. The only apparent value is speculative sales by domainers, but in the end if there is no retail trade then this little bubble will burst, which it will :hehe:
I respectfully disagree. If you look at the original thread, then go browse for a LLL.info to purchase - you will see that the prices have gone from <$30 to high $XX and even in to the $X,XXX already. If you can find a LLL.info for <$30 - buy it and I'll give you $50.00 for it ;)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back